Sign in to follow this  
Yoma

AddonSync2009 (downloader, launcher)

UAC popup at start of download or start of tool? (Vista, Win7)  

40 members have voted

1. 1. UAC popup at start of download or start of tool? (Vista, Win7)

• Start of download (leave it as is)
    • Start of tool
    • What's UAC? (google Virtual Store, have fun)
    • Arf f*** UAC, first thing I disable after installing Vista/Win7

I'm not encountering the error you are suffering from (if you're talking about the error you mention in the ACE forum)

There seems to be a problem with certain versions of 7z and i'll upgrade it in next version. Maybe this will solve your problem. You could also try to use a different updater if mine doesn't work for you.

Do you have any other system at home e.g. a winxp32 system where you could test the download on?

No, used to but it got a virus and is now defunct. Which is a real bugger.

The error i get does mention 7z in the message so it may be a problem.

Also, you mentioned a pattern between this error and winxp64. It makes me think that there may be a connection between the 7z that your extractor uses and winxp64. ??? totally ridiculous? or might there be a connection?

No, used to but it got a virus and is now defunct. Which is a real bugger.

The error i get does mention 7z in the message so it may be a problem.

Also, you mentioned a pattern between this error and winxp64. It makes me think that there may be a connection between the 7z that your extractor uses and winxp64. ??? totally ridiculous? or might there be a connection?

That's what i mention above. Another route to inspect would be a slowish virusscanner or *something* on your system that actually keeps files locked just after completing download, so 7z cannot read from the file.

What virusscanner do you use?

Edited by Yoma

That's what i mention above. Another route to inspect would be a slowish virusscanner or *something* on your system that actually keeps files locked just after completing download, so 7z cannot read from the file.

What virusscanner do you use?

AVG Free 9

I am having trouble with the ACE updater simply not working and someone suggested using this one in order to download and install ACE for me. However can I ask a quick question about this addon please?...

At first glance it looks to be online/multiplayer oriented - is this true?

I don't have a server, nor do I play online, I play SP only - so is this 'Yoma addon sync' for me?

This is not an addon as such... This is an addon download/maintaining tool among other things. Install it and youll see it has an interface. There is information in the program when you start it. You add a server that hosts the addons you need - in this case Kellys Heroes (ACE) so search their thread in here. Click SEARCH button and set it to SHOW POSTS. Then put in "Kellys Heroes Ace" as search word. That should bring threads up where they post their server info.

Yoma's addon sync can also be used for starting the game plus teamspeak etc. You can have several favourite servers loaded into it, and if the servers also use Yoma's tool then you can even see what addons those servers run, and also see if they use another version (updated or otherwise) right there in the tool. If they use another version you will see that and you can press 1 button to update your addons to the same version. This is why its good with ACE. When the tool is setup all you need to do is click "check for addons" and "download addons", and thus ACE or any other addons youve chosen will update.

EDIT:

Kellys Heroes mod list and server information: http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1561702&postcount=27

EDIT2:

1. Install Yoma's Addon Sync

2. Click NEW SERVER

3. add this URL (copy paste) to the "Auto config URL" box:

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ArmA2ACE-Repository/ArmA2ACE-Repo.7z

4. click IMPORT SERVER

5. click SAVE

6. Click "Download Addons" tab

7. Click "Check for addons"

8. Tick everything ACE related and CBA

9. Click "Download Addons"

I think thats it. I use Six Updater but went through this to help...

Edited by Alex72

I am having trouble with the ACE updater simply not working and someone suggested using this one in order to download and install ACE for me. However can I ask a quick question about this addon please?...

At first glance it looks to be online/multiplayer oriented - is this true?

I don't have a server, nor do I play online, I play SP only - so is this 'Yoma addon sync' for me?

AddonSync can be used for two purposes.

1- MP - synchronizing your addons with the ones in your clan/fav server.

2- SP - Downloading/Updating Community Addons Mods.

It is basicly downloading addons from a server that hosts/mirrors them. Note that the server you are using must update its repo regularly or you'll download old versions or won't be able to update to latest. If you'll use it for ACE ensure that the server you are using is updating regularly. KH is updating to every new release, some servers are updating once a week so use the one that suits your needs.

So in BI Forums you can find links to many servers' repositories as well as couple of ones listed as default within the application.

Simple instructions to get started -> http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=3212#p27746

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ArmA2ACE-Repository/ArmA2ACE-Repo.7z

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ArmA2Community-Repository/ArmA2Community-Repo.7z

EDIT..lol Alex is hot :D..beat me to it

Edited by Cross

Thanks - it seems the best 'overall' tool to use in that case, sounds like it does everything for you.

I'll give it a go later.

Just another quick question while I remember....

I currently use "ArmA2 Launcher" - a small window that scans my game dir for @directories and you can tick / untick the mods you want it to run.

Will this tool replace that ArmA2 launcher or will both run together?

YAS only downloads and creates modfolders in ArmA2 directory. Also it has a launcher in it for server listing and quick launch. It does not replace anything.

You can use any method (shortcut/any other launcher) once you download/update mods, if you don't want to use the launcher in it.

I managed to get two servers in the top tab list, don't know how I did it though :) Perhaps it could be more intuitive?

Downloading ACE now :) Albeit slowly, server must be quite busy.

Update - Ticking the mod on the left window selects a load of them in the right window which it proceeds to download.

Trouble is that a LOT of them returned (404) Not Found and have been skipped (97 of them so far).... Any ideas please?

Edited by horrgakx

I tried again this morning to download the missing ACE files, but they're all still 404.

I tried to launch ArmA2 anyway to see what happened but an error with CBA was thrown up, so I thought I'd use the Addon Installer to re-download CBA in case something had changed - well it started downloading... something, but the filename isn't part of CBA! When I checked the file list it has ticked about 600 items, none of which I've asked it to. Whats happening here please? (I restarted the software and the same issue exists).

Screenshot; (please click as its too large to display here.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v647/horrgakx/ArmA/?action=view&current=updater.jpg

Edited by horrgakx

It is a bug apparently..it tries to download even though you have not selected.

Solution until fixed:

Do not press "check for addons" after selecting mods on the left panel.

To re-check

right click on left panel and clear selection

check for addons

make your selection on the left panel (do not check addons after making selection)

start download

By the way why do you have ACE and Community Mods in the same list.. If you are using the "Event Server" DONT...it is not updated properly.

You need to have separate ACE and Community servers

Edited by Cross

It is a bug apparently..it tries to download even though you have not selected.

Thanks I'll try your work around.

By the way why do you have ACE and Community Mods in the same list.. If you are using the "Event Server" DONT...it is not updated properly.

You need to have separate ACE and Community servers

I'm not sure what Event Server is; the ACE and community servers appear in different tabs above the main window and I can switch between them an they show different contents in the left when I do so.

By the way, any idea on the many missing files?

ah ok.. just saw ace mod on top of the community mods in your left panel .. in the image you linked

there shouldnt be any missing files but will check again. By teh way you don't need to use community one if you only need ACE. ACE server has everything needed.

Edited by Cross

Bug #7747: Downloading files not from the filter

Bug #8797: UPLOAD: Unable to Delete Signatures that are Wrong

Bug #8804: UPLOAD: A specifig .7z File cannot be extracted By AddonSync Client

Bug #8956: Player selection box bugged

Bug #8963: YAS Downloads all mods eventhough not selected

Feature #8816: Add "launch local MP game" option to launch options (-host)

Hi there,

I need some help , i am trying to set this up on my server so i put a ftp server on and uploaded some addons fo far no problems , but i tested to download it but it didn`t work

the auto config url must be ftp://82.95.155.200/yas2302.7z if you have a ftp server right ?

or must it be http://82.95.155.200/yas2302.7z ?

either way they both don`t work

i get a 227 error with the first one and a 404 with the seccond one.

So i need a bit of help :)

Hi there,

I need some help , i am trying to set this up on my server so i put a ftp server on and uploaded some addons fo far no problems , but i tested to download it but it didn`t work

the auto config url must be ftp://82.95.155.200/yas2302.7z if you have a ftp server right ?

or must it be http://82.95.155.200/yas2302.7z ?

either way they both don`t work

i get a 227 error with the first one and a 404 with the seccond one.

So i need a bit of help :)

Press F1 inside the tool to get help. You have to build a repository first, then upload that repository and point your autoconfig url to the autoconfig file (e.g. yas2302.7z)

Press F1 inside the tool to get help. You have to build a repository first, then upload that repository and point your autoconfig url to the autoconfig file (e.g. yas2302.7z)

i did build repository and uploaded to my server , that worked verry well !

but i cant download or import the server settings .

And i pressed f1 but i don`t see answers

I did only put a ftp server on my server for this thats all right ?

Edit : i found the problem it has to do with "passive" or not ?

When i want to "import server"i get this error :

Failed importing server details

Please check the url

Cannot import table server

Edited by Sneaker-78-

Check the serverside usage walkthrough in the help.

Check the serverside usage walkthrough in the help.

Yes i did that , and i did the same

I do have full acces to my ftp server (tested with flashfxp)

I can build repository and upload to my server

But i just cant download

and i test with a default server that also has GIBF yoma addon Sync Server and that gives the same error ..

But i just cant download

and i test with a default server that also has GIBF yoma addon Sync Server and that gives the same error ..

My server GIBF yoma addon Sync Server (Ace2) is private for now.

Login and password are required to have acces to my Yoma server ;)

BB

Edited by [GIBF]-BadBoy

But i just cant download

The repo location has to be publicly accesible

-BadBoy;1566397']My server GIBF yoma addon Sync Server (Ace2) is private for now.

Login and password are required ;)

BB

may i ask how you did that ..