Sign in to follow this  
Yoma

AddonSync2009 (downloader, launcher)

UAC popup at start of download or start of tool? (Vista, Win7)  

40 members have voted

1. 1. UAC popup at start of download or start of tool? (Vista, Win7)

• Start of download (leave it as is)
    • Start of tool
    • What's UAC? (google Virtual Store, have fun)
    • Arf f*** UAC, first thing I disable after installing Vista/Win7

,m having problems with Arma addon sync. When i click fabourite servers and download from kelly,s hero,s to update ace and click download addons (after i checked for addons , the programs say if i want to open the program again? If i click no the program stops if i press yes the program is then opened another time. Only then i can download the addons. But this can take a whole day and needs babysitting as well because i must sometimes press yes before downloading certain stuff. I have a very fast internet connection and pc so that cannot be the problem. all goes fast but with some things the status says its downloading a certain file. Sometimes the status says the program is timed out or that the files is being used by another program (the other addonsync running i think. This makes updating my ace2 a very annoying and time consuming job . Even when downloading 40 or 80 mb. I tried downloading later versions of the addonsync but this doesnt make a differance. I once took me over 12 hours to download only 120 mb. Even if i update every single day it takes the majorety of the day to do so. Can someone help me out with this?

Are you trying to download from a repository that's close to you?

Where are you?

For the "question thing" you get: it's a uac popup. By default the tool doesn't start with administrative rights, if they aren't needed, why have them.

You could "fix" it in multiple ways:

-Don't install arma2 in the program files folder (programs need special rights to write files there)

-Disable UAC, google it.

-Run the tool with administrator rights.

Also you cannot run arma and download at the same time (Arma2 locks files when it's running...)

Edited by Yoma

Are you trying to download from a repository that's close to you?

Where are you?

For the "question thing" you get: it's a uac popup. By default the tool doesn't start with administrative purposes, if they aren't needed, why have them.

You could "fix" it in multiple ways:

-Don't install arma2 in the program files folder (programs need special rights to write files there)

-Disable UAC, google it.

-Run the tool with administrator rights.

I dont know where kelly,s heroes is located so i dont know if its close to me

I myself am located in the Netherlands.

- Its not the popups that bother me that much. First of all when i opden addonsync i click check for addons this can take more the 10 minutes !! Then when its done i click download addons and then addonsync asks me if i wish to open the program twice . I must otherwise i have to go through the whole process again because the programs will shut down when i click no Then i must click check for downloads and download addons again and the process takes another 10 minutes.

- then it downloads some addons untill it needs stops and when i check the status is says downloading addon , operation has timed out , md5 etc etc. making downloading even 40 mb extemely frustrating and sometimes it can take all day!

- also if addonsync even completes the whole operation it crashes but even thought the progress bar says its not done all the downloads needed to play on-line are done nontheless. I check the window for all the downloads to be ok to make sure.

- the strange thing is that addonsync wants me to open the programs twice before i can even start downloading anything.

I dont know where kelly,s heroes is located so i dont know if its close to me

I myself am located in the Netherlands.

- Its not the popups that bother me that much. First of all when i opden addonsync i click check for addons this can take more the 10 minutes !! Then when its done i click download addons and then addonsync asks me if i wish to open the program twice . I must otherwise i have to go through the whole process again because the programs will shut down when i click no Then i must click check for downloads and download addons again and the process takes another 10 minutes.

- then it downloads some addons untill it needs stops and when i check the status is says downloading addon , operation has timed out , md5 etc etc. making downloading even 40 mb extemely frustrating and sometimes it can take all day!

- also if addonsync even completes the whole operation it crashes but even thought the progress bar says its not done all the downloads needed to play on-line are done nontheless. I check the window for all the downloads to be ok to make sure.

- the strange thing is that addonsync wants me to open the programs twice before i can even start downloading anything.

-As previously stated: the reason it asks you to restart the tool is because it will restart the tool with elevated priviliges. In layman terms: IT CANNOT DOWNLOAD FILES TO YOUR PROGRAM FILES FOLDER BECAUSE IT DOESN'T HAVE THE PRIVILIGES TO DO SO Look into disabling UAC if you want a quick and easy solution for that matter.

-Your location should not be a problem (i'm Belgian myself, i can download without any hassle)

-You probably disabled the cache function (tick use md5 cache in settings and restart the tool), this will cause the checking to be very slow.

-Then have the tool build your entire arma2 cache db (settings, build Arma2 cache db) this will take a while, but next check will be superfast.

-"Operation has timed out" is exactly what it says it is. Are you using a wireless connection?

-What kind of antivirus are you using?

-You probably also need to clear out your virtual store folder, google it and remove all arma files from that folder, then disable UAC and restart the tool.

If you want me to, i can connect to your pc and try sort you out.

Also you haven't stated the version of addonsync you are using, it should be 1.0.60

Something is obviously wrong with your AddonSync/connection/pc ,checking for addons on the KH repo takes exactly 5 seconds on my system.

Edited by Yoma

Yoma: Are you releaced any help file other than readme.txt? I mean about config for linux? I'm trying to do it to our public cult server =Olut=, but can't understand that config file very vell?

Mono is installed for apache, but are this really needed FTP? How about SFTP?

Thanks

Yoma: Are you releaced any help file other than readme.txt? I mean about config for linux? I'm trying to do it to our public cult server =Olut=, but can't understand that config file very vell?

Mono is installed for apache, but are this really needed FTP? How about SFTP?

Thanks

-The ftp stuff in the config file is only needed if you want to upload the generated repository to some remote server through ftp.

-The tool doesn't require you install mod_mono for apache, it just needs mono to be installed on your server.

-On the download side you'll need to make the output repository folder accessible through your webserver or ftp server.

-SFTP is not supported.

-At the moment documentation is pretty limited, feel free to write it, i simply don't have the time at the moment.

Edited by Yoma

Hi all

Iv`e downloaded the latest version but when i try to install it i get an error message 2869, any ideas?

thanks,

Jason

Hi I'v got a bit of a problem I had a previous version of Addon Sync 1.0.47 and I manually deleted it's files a while ago , now I have downloaded the latest version and when I try to install it asks that I find the previous 1.0.47 Version msi before I can continue but I no longer have that and so far I haven't found a place to download it and I haven't been able to install because of it.

I would appreciate any help.

Hi I'v got a bit of a problem I had a previous version of Addon Sync 1.0.47 and I manually deleted it's files a while ago , now I have downloaded the latest version and when I try to install it asks that I find the previous 1.0.47 Version msi before I can continue but I no longer have that and so far I haven't found a place to download it and I haven't been able to install because of it.

I would appreciate any help.

Google for Windows Installer Cleanup Utility.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

Run it, then remove the msi through the utility.

It's a general problem when screwing about with msi installs...

---------- Post added at 09:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 AM ----------

Hi all

Iv`e downloaded the latest version but when i try to install it i get an error message 2869, any ideas?

thanks,

Jason

Insufficiant rights to install the tool.

Disable UAC, try again, run installer as admin.

Edited by Yoma

Thanks Yoma i downloaded the utility cleanup tool and deleted a earlier version i must have downloaded, then it installed no problems thanks.

@Kennyj try the same it should work then.

@Yoma thanks that works a treat never new that tool existed

@Yoma

Since one of the last versions my "Download ArmA 2 Beta x.xx.xxx"-button always appears red - even if i got the newest beta patch installed. At the moment i´m running 1.5.70.709 (the same one which is shown above in the beta-button) but the button still is red.

Any idea how to change this like it was in the earlier versions? In the past the button only shows red status when there was a newer betapatch offered as the one i got currently installed.

@Yoma

Since one of the last versions my "Download ArmA 2 Beta x.xx.xxx"-button always appears red - even if i got the newest beta patch installed. At the moment i´m running 1.5.70.709 (the same one which is shown above in the beta-button) but the button still is red.

Any idea how to change this like it was in the earlier versions? In the past the button only shows red status when there was a newer betapatch offered as the one i got currently installed.

Fixed in next version (not released yet)

Bis has changed their versioning system...

Hi guys, I've used this tool before, for some reason I can't find it anymore (been having lots of trouble with vista lately, If an OS were a physical thing, I'd be jamming it piece by piece up bill gates ass) I've tried the address Yoma has in his signature (http://dev-heaven.net/projects/show/yoma-addonsync2009) and get this error through google chrome (tried IE to no avail, haven't tried firefox because I know the answer) Error 101 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET): Unknown error.

I also tried Armaholic, which is where I originally downloaded AddonSync from and that link is "dead" too.

Not sure if it's my ISP / PC etc causing this (it has happened before, and recently too when trying to get study material for Carrara 6 pro, the website owner checked the site and it worked fine... later on it did for me too.... weird huh)

Is there a link I don't know about, or am not seeing?

**Going to try connecting in linux in case it's me**

Dev-heaven.net is down haha no wonder.

Edited by slay0rwr4th
Reboot - conclusion

Version 1.0.60.0

Crashed at opening big repo, like a =Kellys Heroes= ArmA2 Community Repository.

Thus small repo, like a =Kellys Heroes= ArmA2 ACE2 Dedicated Server YAS[HTTP] opened without problems.

Version 1.0.60.0

Crashed at opening big repo, like a =Kellys Heroes= ArmA2 Community Repository.

Thus small repo, like a =Kellys Heroes= ArmA2 ACE2 Dedicated Server YAS[HTTP] opened without problems.

Any more info? Did it crash once, is it reproducable, did you click stuff or interact with the gui while it was doing stuff, blabla?

Yoma, when running the AddonSync2009RepoGenerator.exe application, is there a way to specify (in the input XML file) that a certain mod folder should be optional in the resulting repository?

By that I mean that when a user looks at the "download addons" tab within the YAS application, this optional mod folder is not marked for download (checkbox not checked).

(In the resulting YAS repo metadata, I've noticed that the Server.xml has two suggestive elements - <RequiredAddons> and <OptionalAddons>. What are they? )

Edited by Killswitch

Yoma, when running the AddonSync2009RepoGenerator.exe application, is there a way to specify (in the input XML file) that a certain mod folder should be optional in the resulting repository?

By that I mean that when a user looks at the "download addons" tab within the YAS application, this optional mod folder is not marked for download (checkbox not checked).

(In the resulting YAS repo metadata, I've noticed that the Server.xml has two suggestive elements - <RequiredAddons> and <OptionalAddons>. What are they? )

The first is not possible atm.

The server xml stuff you talk about is simply the addonstring that will be set when clicking "required" or "required+optional" in the launch game tab.

This way you can put optional stuff (like soundsmods etc) in the required + optional, and leave the really required stuff (islands, units, blabla) in the required thing. The syntax is simply as you would add it in the shortcut (@addon1;@addon2) without the -mod parameter...

At the moment AddonSync development is temporarely halted untill OA is released.

I don't want to waste time coding something that will likely never be used as it seems BIS is including a sync with OA.

Edited by Yoma

Thanks Yoma...Addon Sync is a great application!

I'm just hoping that the "Country" in "Find Servers" get's fixed in the upcoming new version.

A2OA Q&A:

• Will OA support 3rd party addon-friendly UI/Usability improvements, such as server admin configurable messages to indicate where to download needed addons before playing on a server? http://dev-heaven.net/issues/5520

Not upon release.

Not upon release; yet, we are interested in improving this area in future.

• Are there any improvements/features that BI wanted to make with the OA release and wasn't able to that you are willing to talk about?

'Of course there are many of such things. [...] Another is the built-in addon sync for mp.

BI didn't have the time to implement addon sync in OA upon release but maybe later. Let's hope they'll do it some day.

Thanks Yoma...Addon Sync is a great application!

I'm just hoping that the "Country" in "Find Servers" get's fixed in the upcoming new version.

What's wrong with it? Just type in the 2 letter abbreviation and you're off...

Hint: you can find out the country code by hovering the mouse over flag after a search...

Edited by Yoma

• Bug #10150: Detection of TS3 exe does not work on win7 x64 if 64 bit version of TS3 is installed.
  • Bug #10266: TS3 port setting ignored when not using "Nickname" parameter (TS3 doesn't like extra '&')
  • Bug #10393: in XML, <TSChannel></TSChannel> not working
  • Feature #10151: Add support for autolaunching Mumble
  • Feature #10325: Better detect version number of new beta...
  • Feature #10648: Add in the exThread option
  • Feature #10941: Replace linux server generated forward slashes with backslashes in modstring
  • Feature #11015: Remember value for "Clear output folder on build" in gui

What's wrong with it? Just type in the 2 letter abbreviation and you're off...

Hint: you can find out the country code by hovering the mouse over flag after a search...

:eek: I was typing in 3 letters...thanks for the tip

Hi, is their a way to some how add Armaholic into AddonSync so i can download and update lots of mods?