Sign in to follow this  
Yoma

AddonSync2009 (downloader, launcher)

UAC popup at start of download or start of tool? (Vista, Win7)  

40 members have voted

1. 1. UAC popup at start of download or start of tool? (Vista, Win7)

• Start of download (leave it as is)
    • Start of tool
    • What's UAC? (google Virtual Store, have fun)
    • Arf f*** UAC, first thing I disable after installing Vista/Win7

Ok, thank you for the advise. Would you care to elaborate why? Just out of interest.

Ok, thank you for the advise. Would you care to elaborate why? Just out of interest.

In some cases the ftp download will not be able to get filesize correctly from server, with http it allways seems to work.

Seems to depend on ftp server used.

Without filesize you have no nice progress bar running ;-)

-Some UAC enhancements.

-Some autorepobuilder enhancements.

Thanks .. with the latest fix & enhancements we can now update our ACE2Server with Rsync and update the KH ACE2 YAS repository with one click, in literally minutes.

Works great :thumbsup:

Anyone had the chance to test the UAC behaviour yet on VISTA/win7?

It should throw a popup when tool is not run "as admin" and you try downloading to "program files".

If it throws the popup and you confirm it should restart the app "as admin".

After that it should be possible to download directly to the program files folder instead of to that obscure folder in user profile.

Some bugfixes + minor enhancements.

As usual check the roadmap on devheaven.

Hi Yoma, i wanted to update to the latest version .45 from much earlier version.

1st theres no uninstaller, so i just deleted the folder.

2nd. Unable to install .45 getting an error code #2869 which indicates a problem with the package. Ive downloaded several times and getting same file size of 3,456,000 bytes

Any ideas? TIA

-You shouldn't have deleted the folder at all... the errormessage you get is due to that, not due to corrupt msi file.

-If you want to remove Addonsync check the Install Programs item in your configuration screen of windows...

-Google for Windows Installer Cleanup Utitility as you've now screwed over windows installer.

-Next time when updating: just download the msi file, close addonsync and run the msi.

Well i did try to install it over the top 1st which gave me the same error . After i tried that then i deleted the folder.

I used Windows Installer Cleanup Utitility and was able to install.

tnx

Edited by Nazul

Well i did try to install it over the top 1st which gave me the same error . After i tried that then i deleted the folder.

I used Windows Installer Cleanup Utitility and was able to install.

tnx

What operating system are you using?

#2869 means that at some point it does not have sufficient admin privileges to run an operation. You can run into it with all kinds of msi based installers.

I actually implemented a fix, but in some cases it doesn't seem to work.

If you ever run into it again check this FAQ item.

Is there any way to have this program automatically update a server through a script? I have a server through AOWC and we can't use client side programs through it, but if there is a way to automate it then they can set up a script so I can run the tool through the control panel.

Is there any way to do this?

What exactly can you do on the server?

-If you can install AddonSync on the server you could have it build a repository automatically throught the autorepobuilder.exe (check the xml files for configuration)

-If you have no permissions to install stuff on the server you could have the autorepobuilder.exe automatically upload differential repositories to your FTP.

Contact me if you need help setting it up. If you're making a autobuilder script, be sure to make a copy of one of the example xml files and rename it.

Do not remove any tags from the xml, or the autobuilder will fail.

I guess he means running YAS through commandline and updating ArmA2 mods, rather than the autorepobuilder.

something like;

c:\programs\YAS\yas.exe -synchronize[servername in the favorites] -autocompare -deleteextra -dest[optionaldestinationfolder]

:D

No there isn't and it's not likely to happen anyday soon.

I think he's looking for sixupdater :-)

I don't understand, I'm trying to host our server addons using YomaSync 2009 on our own ftp. At a certain point you need to fill in an auto-config url but of course I can just enter something there, but how do I create a config so it works? Also, the config url ends with .7z, I don't understand really?

And I'm not really sure if the tutorials for the OLD VERSION are still applicable to the new one? I'm kinda lost at the moment as to how to set the server up so it works. I'm also unable to connect to the server, but I think it's because the auto-config url is simply a "random" chosen config location.

So basically I setup the ftp locations, followed all the steps in the help and was able to package and upload a test addon via Yoma. But getting Yoma to recognize the server as an addon server, I'm not sure how to do that...

I don't understand, I'm trying to host our server addons using YomaSync 2009 on our own ftp. At a certain point you need to fill in an auto-config url but of course I can just enter something there, but how do I create a config so it works? Also, the config url ends with .7z, I don't understand really?

And I'm not really sure if the tutorials for the OLD VERSION are still applicable to the new one? I'm kinda lost at the moment as to how to set the server up so it works. I'm also unable to connect to the server, but I think it's because the auto-config url is simply a "random" chosen config location.

So basically I setup the ftp locations, followed all the steps in the help and was able to package and upload a test addon via Yoma. But getting Yoma to recognize the server as an addon server, I'm not sure how to do that...

Autoconfig url is created in the root folder of your YAS repository.

What exactly do you want to do ?

Are you working on the server itself thru RDC or only have an FTP connection ?

Can you run AddonSync on the server?

Autoconfig url is created in the root folder of your YAS repository.

What exactly do you want to do ?

Are you working on the server itself thru RDC or only have an FTP connection ?

Can you run AddonSync on the server?

- I see, I used the in-built ftp system so I never took a look at the output folder. I assumed that everything would be uploaded automatically.

- What I want is that people of our gaming community can download all our addons running on our server/in our missions by using AddonSync. This way we can distribute all required and recommended addons smooth and easy.

- I only have an ftp connection (regular shared hosting account).

- I don't know if I can run AddonSync on the server, how can I tell if it is possible?

EDIT:

I managed to get the config to work but when I try to download the test addon I get a 404 error returned in Yoma

Edited by zoog

When using Addon Sync 2009, I cannot launch games that have the x/oac/oac_core mod.

When I try, I get erro, cannot open file x/oac/oac_core/addpns/oac_core.pbo

I have all the latest downloads from oac and caa, so what gives? CBA and ACE2 work just fine, but oac does NOT work and I bet caa doesn't either.

What am I doing wrong?

Edited by Freeor
added text info

- I see, I used the in-built ftp system so I never took a look at the output folder. I assumed that everything would be uploaded automatically.

- What I want is that people of our gaming community can download all our addons running on our server/in our missions by using AddonSync. This way we can distribute all required and recommended addons smooth and easy.

- I only have an ftp connection (regular shared hosting account).

- I don't know if I can run AddonSync on the server, how can I tell if it is possible?

EDIT:

I managed to get the config to work but when I try to download the test addon I get a 404 error returned in Yoma

So I assume you have filled in all the FTP info as well as FTP destination in the servertab>addonservertab.

Make sure the FTP destination where the repository / config.7z reside is open to public access.

Also check that folder and see that all the 7z files are there ss well as the autoconfig.7z in the root.