Sign in to follow this  
Fudgeblood

ArmA 2 50% off this weekend on Steam.

Is the Steam Version Fully Mod compatible ? Works it with Launchers and so on ?

Greetings

Desiderius

Yes, I have had no problems with installing and using mods on the Steam version.

I posted it over at the ofp2 forums. Trolling for sure, but I'd like to see more guys come over to the dark side.

I'm sure I will be silenced in about .2 by the moderators.

I almost bought this off steam but chose the store version thinking that I wouldn't be able to apply the beta patches to the steam version. Can anyone confirm/deny that?

ArmA1 was on steam after a few months or even years of the box version I believe. Anyway, I haven't had any problems with the steam version of the game. Regarding mods, launchers, etc.

I just bought a new computer (cause I play side by side with a friend) and I already have ArmA II and was considering a second copy, this was just too good to be true, 50% off, thats an amazing deal.

remember to spread the word it's only one weekend offer !

I will soon buy a computer.

Can I buy the Game on Steam now an download it later?

I will soon buy a computer.

Can I buy the Game on Steam now an download it later?

Yep, just install Steam on your new PC and log in, it will be there waiting :)

Well - people should really buy it then ... ;-))

I tried to get original OFP-GOTY in ... ah .. about 2003/2004 for some friends on: amazon and on ebay. No chance below 25 Euros ...

I think BI games are the only games ever which have rising prices after being about 3 years on the market. :-)

EDIT:

I hit the link you given and ... the price is 19,99 € ... sure the pages localizes you (and change prices shown relating to where you are coming from).

Nah, Final Fantasy VII for playstation was very expensive for quite a while.

I almost bought this off steam but chose the store version thinking that I wouldn't be able to apply the beta patches to the steam version. Can anyone confirm/deny that?

The Steam version works just like the boxed version in terms of patches, mods and BETA. Other than the location of the install and a slightly modified .exe there is no difference. Steam version is not gimped in any way.

even though i love playing Arma2 i cant recommend this knowing how the system spec's is so off. BIC so needed to sort out a few other thinngs before doing this.

Hard drive access

Ram issues

optimisation

Can see more massive problems with people having issues.

Purchased and installing. Almost 50% so far. Taking sooo long.

Good time to find some ways to make the game better when it comes to graphics. Computer is up to the job, but the game's optimization is one to pick a fight.

I bougt the game too! Thanks for the advice.

Problem is: I still have no computer...

I was hesitant on buying Arma 2 after the issues I had with Arma. Since Steam had this sale and the game has been out for a while, I said what the heck...

Bought it and I'm glad I did. Had to upgrade to Win7 64 due to graphics issues that I was unable to resolve on Win XP 32. I was going to upgrade my OS anyways, this just made me do it faster :D Glad I did because WOW! I LOVE ARMA 2!!! Reminds me of the old days with OFP. Arma 1 had that same feeling, just I had a really bad experience with that game for some reason.

Waited for this game in the spring, but the bugs put me off buying so waited for ******* dragon rising and it turned out to be rubbish so bought this in the steam weekend deal. So happy it's an amazing game, a big improvement on ARMA.

Bought it as a gift for a friend.

Next i have to explain to him a dozen tweaks and proper mods to get a better performance.

OFP 1 had me hooked, then i picked up Arma1 and was disappointed majorly. I waited to see if OFP DR would be any good before I spent money on Arma2. checked OFP DR out and it was super disappointing and as luck would have it. Steam and D2D had ARMA2 for sale so I picked a copy up yesterday and it's ALOT smoother and more fun than I expected. Liked it enough to recommend it to my Bro's so they also picked it up. We're going to do coop tonight. :)