Sign in to follow this  
Ludovico Technique

Monsters, zombies and so on

I hope we get something by Halloween. :D

Edit:

Hooker could use a bit more bite marks and bruises. :torture:

Blood splots aren't enough. :p

It's kind of a secondary concern, cos let's face it if you're letting them get close enough to see the details you're already screwed. :D

So we all know headshots kill zombies.

But other than a Zed mod for Arma 2, how will we ever find out how effective OG-7's are against zombies? :D

the virus, it spreads....

news.jpg

photo found on missing persons camera... authorities are still unsure on their were abouts and their status...

:P got bored so made a quick reskin... might work on it futher, if ne1 here wants it, or more like it, just say and i might do some more up, since its a good break from the norm lol.

Cheers

Rhodesy

How did you get the idea that the poor dead girl is a hooker? :confused:

How did you get the idea that the poor dead girl is a hooker? :confused:
I saw the picture, but still...

It was BIS idea. The model is called Hooker.p3d ;)

The only woman in game with a sexy outfit hehe

How many torso shots with a let`s say M4 do kill a zombie ???

This is a very important parameter.

If it takes too many then the ammo will be depleted fast, assuming not every hit is a headshot, which is impossible in the course of hectic action.

If it is too few, it feels odd.

Right now i got it at 7 torso shots with an M4, and 4 with a sniper rifle.

Seeing as I personally lean more towards infected over dead, I'd say about the same shots as to kill a living non-infected man. However, it you set it somewhat higher, that should please everyone, because those that like em weaker can just use setdammage get them back down where we like em.

i say around 4 - 5 shots, as even if they are "infected" they feel little pain, so while they would eventualy die from a single gun shot, they wouldnt stop just becuase of it.

Any way to randomize it a bit? Something like X=2+(RND(5))? Would keep people from calculating the number of shots required (I always double-tap infantry and expect them to drop).

Really excited by your efforts in this, please keep it up. :)

P.S. That is one mean looking hooker... with bits of someone smeared all over her. *uhg*

And the jogger from hell looks awesome.

Edited by Scrub

It really depends on the weapon, with an MG its easy. Randomisation might be a good idea.

So should there be an antidote? I think it`s frustrating if you are bitten by a zombie and know that you will become one of them / die in 5-10 minutes.

Why then continue to shoot them at all? If there is the motivation to find the antidote its fun to keep playing.

It`s up to the mission-maker to intelligently restrict and place antidotes in the mission or to even provide them in the first place.

Antidote sounds like a cruel winner of an idea.. 'Oh no, you've been bitten.. 5 min to get to the lab and take the cure'

What depends on the weapon? I thought you were talking about the torso hit points of the zombies? (or were you replying to someone else?)

@scrub: Each weapon`s ammo has different hit damage. So the torso shots that a zombie can take are dependent on the weapon.

M4 = 7 shots

Sniper rifle = 3 shots

Single Headshots are in 90% of the cases fatal. The other 10% are engine errors that prevent the correct registration of the headshot.

I think it depends how you do it as to what zombie should drop from what damage. The thing to remember is Arma 2 is a mil-sim, even with Zombies your players are going to want realism, albeit realism with zombies running around.

My two cents would be if you're going with fast moving infected then they need to be easier to kill than the shambling living dead. Reason being that they are still living people, maybe they don't feel pain, maybe they can't go into shock so they might be a bit tougher, but they still need to go down to a short burst to the head or body. With proper zombies, as in walking cadavers, you're shooting to kill by physically destroying the body or, ideally, the brain. Weapons like a pistol are going to be all but ineffective against the body of such a zombie, but a rifle or best of all a shotgun or heavy machinegun will be able to rip the body up. Putting rounds into the head anything should be a killshot.

Infection and stuff is pretty much part and parcel of zombie mythology however they are presented, fast or slow. Infected style zombies it goes without saying, but typically normal Romero zombies have a bite that causes a fast acting and fatal disease, leading to zombification. A good shortcut could just be to have any medic or healing point provide antidote. That means it's easy to set up the presence, or not, of antidote on a map without the need for scripting, adding new items or overcomplicating things. The medical modules should add plenty to the game in that regard anyway, as players might have to carry their friends away from the horde.

I hope you will release this mod in short time. It would be great to play missions with zombies.

Great work :)

Okay Antidote works, usable by player, droppable like a small object. Player and AI can be healed. Medics that have the antidote in their inventory will use it on treated infected soldiers.

Infection Timer 7 minutes, changeable by global variable. Bitten AI will turn into zombies after that time, player will die (maybe even continue to play as a zombie hehe)

Script infects the whole island of Chernarus in under 2 hours assisted by the ambient civilian module :smiley-evil:

antidote367.jpg

Edited by Charon Productions

The model is called Hooker.p3d ;)

Well, if Slyvia's last name is Saint I think we can forgive Czechs for naming that model a Hooker ;)

Ooooh nice!

I really missed zombies. This will call for a remake of Zombie Outbreak Simulation for OFP