Sign in to follow this  
Equi

Operation Flashpoint Remake, BIS listen to the people and follow these steps, please

Which things below would you like to be used from ArmA2 for a hypotetical OFP remake?  

624 members have voted

1. 1. Which things below would you like to be used from ArmA2 for a hypotetical OFP remake?

• soldier movement controls
    • soldier animations
    • AI
    • ingame UI
    • terrain rendering
    • tree rendering
    • grass
    • vehicle controls
    • helicopter flight model
    • airplane flight model

Who voted for importing ArmA2's AI into OFP ? New AI is totally dumb. Driving AI is just crazy. I don't understand why BIS made AI worst in ArmA2 than in OFP ?

I was waiting for this to come up again, the all mighty OFP's AI.

You should seriously check OFP again - the AI really isn't that awesome at all.

Who voted for importing ArmA2's AI into OFP ? New AI is totally dumb. Driving AI is just crazy. I don't understand why BIS made AI worst in ArmA2 than in OFP ?

OFP AI is dumb as shit compared to ArmA's. Not that OFP AI was shit, it was and still is great, but ArmA2 is FAR superior, at least from an editing standpoint.

I only voted for the controls

In a OFP remake I would like to see Higher quality terrain and less resource hogging foilage DR's trees looked alright nothing compared to Arma 2 but I would rather have crappier looking foilage and use those saved resources on higher detailed character models/facial animations/vehicles etc, I dont care if they look like CWC trees just manage those precious polygons/cycles more properly, I dont play the game to look at trees BIS, no offense by the way.

Spend more of the detail on important stuff like the vehicles and the buildings (like above)

Add Arma 2's destruction 2.0 with more destruction stages, and add bullet penetration/real world ballistics and WIND!

More realistic mocap animations, having to assemble weapons, animations for entering and exiting vehicles/switching seats etc.

Incorporate a better command interface somthing like the quick wheel is nice, but design it to only have assignable commands by the player. Incorporate Voice Control communications, like Pilfius. Improved UI design in general something like A2's with more polish and functionality like the spawn tick boxes, weapon loadout tabs, improved script helper etc.

Hit response system. Shooting people in arma 2 is never satisfying, using more mocap animations for people being shot and falling to the ground dead would add alot to the experience without having to use havok or something for physics simulation.

Pretty much all I ask for is all graphical changes, more detail in particle effects/models animation/lighting and weather systems, high detail terrain, Lip synching.

Add differed lighting rendering technique to eliminate the lighting issues

Some AI enhancements, more configurable AI too

add the step over function, all the new arma 2 editing stuff, the modules.

And leave the core gameplay relatively the same.

OFPCWC+some Arma 2 features with the RV3 engine= Win

Edited by Flash Thunder

Hey all,

Just my idea's on the matter. If OFP was ever remade, all I'd be interested in would be AI improvments (suppression, use of cover and such wot). Graphics I really could'nt care less about as I've never had the money to get the latest bits for a computer and as such if I can actually run a game, it can only be with a hanfull of things on the map before the graphics alone clonk my comp out. Since it is only with my current computer I can actually have fairly large battles with OFP (and ArmA I) I'd be happy for the graphics to stay the same.

Although I do realise that even if BIS did remake OFP, the main intention would be to get the maximum amount of sales as they are a buisness at the end of the day and as such usually what I want from any type of game would'nt get said sales and therefor would'nt be done.

So perhaps a less computer intensive version of ArmA II would be nice.

Regards,

LEGION7698

Some people here should install OFP:CWC/RES and play it without using any addons/mods and compare it with vanilla Arma2. ;)

I guess as long as the campaign/mission storylines are well-kept in CWR most people would not nitpick if the CWR missions/addons aren't exactly (1:1) the same like in the original.

Although I dont think that a remake would be a commercial success. Better create something new but still something different from mainstream and simple minded black-and-white painting/scheme.

To the guys talking about AI - AI abilities you told about are possible to achieve using scripts. ArmA2 AI are having problems with jumping into the vehicles and flying in group and with the convoys too. If you sum minuses and pluses of ArmA2 AI you will get a number with minus on the left ;) I can shoot down MV-22 Osprey everytime in a seconds because dumb AI pilot cannot land it faster. Try to place few helicopters in group and add waypoint for them and you will see the big comedy in ArmA2. Same with convoys. Lots of people are playing because of AI. There are lots of people who don't play MP. AI must be good to let those people play BI games. Try to finish whole campaign in ArmA2, it will be not possible using all available vehicles and tactics.

To the guys talking about AI - AI abilities you told about are possible to achieve using scripts. ArmA2 AI are having problems with jumping into the vehicles and flying in group and with the convoys too. If you sum minuses and pluses of ArmA2 AI you will get a number with minus on the left ;) I can shoot down MV-22 Osprey everytime in a seconds because dumb AI pilot cannot land it faster. Try to place few helicopters in group and add waypoint for them and you will see the big comedy in ArmA2. Same with convoys. Lots of people are playing because of AI. There are lots of people who don't play MP. AI must be good to let those people play BI games. Try to finish whole campaign in ArmA2, it will be not possible using all available vehicles and tactics.

Have you even played OFP?

Nobody said ArmA2's AI was perfect, but in every aspect they are better than what was present in OFP.

Try to finish whole campaign in ArmA2, it will be not possible using all available vehicles and tactics.

If by the above you mean beat the ArmA II campaign, then I did do that. I don't get what you're trying to say.

I would be happy with a OFP:CWC, OFP:RH, OFP:R, and/or ArmA I, remake if it had the graphics of ArmA I or OFP but with ArmA II AI.

To answer the topic, i wouldn't mind to have a remake of OFP in the "soldier movement controls".

The main goal, in my opinion, should be to keep the special feeling only OFP was able to afford so far that no other game nor simulation gave.

To answer the topic, i wouldn't mind to have a remake of OFP in the "soldier movement controls".

The main goal, in my opinion, should be to keep the special feeling only OFP was able to afford so far that no other game nor simulation gave.

Exactly.

I loved opf as it was at that time. I think a lot this nostalgia is also related to the time when it was released. There was nothing like it, I remember I was playing delta force land warrior at the time and seeing opf blow my mind. I have not really played any other game and have followed bis development ever since. I really dont think you will ever get that feeling again that you had when first disscovered ofp. I bought Arma1 and got a lot of enjoyment from it, I now have Arma2 and I am loving it. of course I have not got the same feeling that I had with opf but I have lots of enjoyment still with this game and am looking forward to the expansion. Lets face it it has come along loads and the things you can now do with this title is amazing compared to the original. I think we should enjoy what has been developed over all these years and not try re-living what was in the past. :)

You could always just play the original game.

Edited by LockJaw-65-

I'd even pay just for it to be optimized for newer systems. That or I'd even pay for the unit models from elite, those looked so much nicer.

i really liked the shit graphics on OFP:E. i dunno why but arma 2s graphics are...too good...i dont like them

i really liked the shit graphics on OFP:E. i dunno why but arma 2s graphics are...too good...i dont like them

??????

??????

Please refrain from spamming the forums. If you have nothing constructive to add to a thread, then don't post at all.

Six question marks are anything but constructive.

Please refrain from spamming the forums. If you have nothing constructive to add to a thread, then don't post at all.

Six question marks are anything but constructive.

Ok sorry :o

I'd like to see this, provided it has the old OFP-style immersion and fun factor.

I agree, i think that a remake of OFP with ArmA II graphics, but OFP Gameplay would be epic. I would only buy from BIS, never from Crapmasters....

Great idea,new modification make game much better.

I voted for everything except helo fm and vehicle control (I haven't flown fixed wing aeroplanes in ARMA2 yet).

I'm absolutely loving the SP campaign in ARMA2 (after tweaking recoils a tad, adjusting the colour ppe effects in all the missions and finding a HDR control mod - NEED TO GIVE US SLIDERS IN OPTION SCREEN FOR THOSE, GUYS) - but messing with the helicopters in the training missions (headshake + cry + shoot temple)... - what can I say but DAMN!! Unfortunately, with so much chopper flying in the OFP SP campaign, using ARMA2 FM would ruin it for me.

mmm operation nostalgia going there...:D:D