Sign in to follow this  
Equi

Operation Flashpoint Remake, BIS listen to the people and follow these steps, please

Which things below would you like to be used from ArmA2 for a hypotetical OFP remake?  

624 members have voted

1. 1. Which things below would you like to be used from ArmA2 for a hypotetical OFP remake?

• soldier movement controls
    • soldier animations
    • AI
    • ingame UI
    • terrain rendering
    • tree rendering
    • grass
    • vehicle controls
    • helicopter flight model
    • airplane flight model

Less HDR, less shinning textures are one part. The other is the theme (cold war).

there is P85 addons pack that can be used on vanila Arma or other gameplay mods

P85 do not touches engine/gaming/scripting

P85 is most realistic, OFP had many mistakes, CWR is "OFP back" but not realistic, cause OFP was not realistic

so if you want cold war theme, than Project 85 addons are released and ready to go and no problem

on my own opinion, i don't search realism on OFP but i love just the gameplay on multiplayer. i think it's the same thing for many ppl.

on my own opinion, i don't search realism on OFP but i love just the gameplay on multiplayer. i think it's the same thing for many ppl.

Exactly, OFP gave us a lot of game mods that were playable. C&H, CTF, CTI all brought such a "feelings" that keep players with this game for years. ArmA/ArmA II are good games but I don't feel the same what I felt while played OFP. For example OFP had great support for CTF/DM map, ArmA/ArmA II are too slow for those mods.

heh

than me and many of my friends used OFP ONLY because it was realistic more than others (closer to simulator of battlefield)

other games had better sounds, effects, graphics

ONLY OFP had simulator-wannabe factor

and thats why i have chosen it, cause it is better and closer to simulator than others

heh

than me and many of my friends used OFP ONLY because it was realistic more than others (closer to simulator of battlefield)

other games had better sounds, effects, graphics

ONLY OFP had simulator-wannabe factor

and thats why i have chosen it, cause it is better and closer to simulator than others

That's why now we wanna remake OFP with new graphism:cool:

Yes I want an OFP CWC remake thats actually a simulator, since Dragon Rising is clearly not.

Better Engine or RV4! :D

DX10.1 support please and some type of physics.

Exactly, OFP gave us a lot of game mods that were playable. C&H, CTF, CTI all brought such a "feelings" that keep players with this game for years. ArmA/ArmA II are good games but I don't feel the same what I felt while played OFP. For example OFP had great support for CTF/DM map, ArmA/ArmA II are too slow for those mods.

You do realize that those 'mods' are user generated content. Remaking OFP wont change the fact that everyone will still play primary coops and no doubt a return of Evolution and Domination :(

Man I hate how those missions ruined the Arma series. I'd much rather have those mission creators actually make some PVP missions to pry people off their chairs. This notion that Vs'ing brainless AI is better than versing humans is really annoying.

OFP remake would be amazing though. CWR is nice but it'll take another 2 years to come out... not to mention the use of those crap ass OFP:Elite voices

Victor did you try AAS or Warfare BE?

" For example OFP had great support for CTF/DM map, ArmA/ArmA II are too slow for those mods."

I think it's one of the key issues here for CTF/DM/C&H afficionados, that CWR and such will definitely NOT bring you back, because AFAIK no work is done today to try to get the animation and movement feeling of OFP back in ArmA2

What if we took all of existing OFP plus expansion packs "As is" and just put it on a new engine without a remake. it would be maybe like a total port over. maybe that might be a remake, hmm.

problem is OFP engine is what made OFP what it was and still is of course, if we wanted it on a new engine then the engine would change the gameplay structure and OFP as we know it might not exactly be OFP, unless the existing engine of OFP was taken and configured to have better graphics and higher resolutions and other stuff that way existing OFP wouldn't change except it would look sharper, crisp, and allow for more options in terms of graphics and look.

OFP2 by CM just really is crap, they should have jsut moved on and made another game that had nothing to do with OFP at all, but that shouldn't stop BIS from doign something, i mean its the original game, the fans are still thick and wide, and it could be an even greater hit if more was done, maybe just adding to the existing engine is all it needs without sacrificing the gameplay we love about it.

I wouldnt want a remake of OFP. Why would i want to play a remake of a game i played for so many years instead of a new, fresh game :confused: .

I would seriously love a remake. Better graphics and performance tuning (yeah I get great FPS but it still lags periodically). Better soldier models and the like. I play OFP more than I play ArmA/ArmA2. No conquest style missions, epic story, and much more original and interesting setting.

I agree 100% with Equi. I would be willing to pay up to $150 for a good OFP remake or about $75 if it was just better graphics and coding. It has the best storyline of all games I have played(Splinter Cell 1 is my 2nd favorite), and the gameplay is great. CWR is way below what I expected it to be in ArmA. The voice "cut-overs", model quality, bugs, and such just plain sucked.

I agree 100% with Equi. I would be willing to pay up to $150 for a good OFP remake or about $75 if it was just better graphics and coding. It has the best storyline of all games I have played(Splinter Cell 1 is my 2nd favorite), and the gameplay is great. CWR is way below what I expected it to be in ArmA. The voice "cut-overs", model quality, bugs, and such just plain sucked.

You're welcome to join us to make it better. It's very easy to sit here and say "blah blah sucked" when you can't do sh*t on your own.

All I've seen from you so far was spamming and pointless threads.

You're welcome to join us to make it better. It's very easy to sit here and say "blah blah sucked" when you can't do sh*t on your own.

All I've seen from you so far was spamming and pointless threads.

Blah blah blah crapola. :) ACE is a perfect example on if you take the time to do something right, it will be good, which is the way ArmA 1 and 2 should have been in the first place. Also you forget that you have a team. I have a real life job and can't mod games for hours on end.:cool:

And the definition of "pointless" threads is pretty broad.

Blah blah blah crapola. :) ACE is a perfect example on if you take the time to do something right, it will be good, which is the way ArmA 1 and 2 should have been in the first place.

First, I don't recommend flaming a moderator, lol.

Second, not everyone agrees with you there. Well, let me rephrase that. I don't agree with you. I could not stand the fact that ACE took over ArmA's MP scene after it's release. It made me incredibly bored of ArmA. I did not like the mod at all. So in my opinion, it is not what ArmA should have been. We have yet to see what it will be like in ArmA II.

And no offense is meant towards the ACE developers. You guys put in great amounts of effort and are adored by the community. It just wasn't my favorite mod, like it is for 90% of the other players. :)

I have to say that, although it is clear there is a lot of good content in ACE, it seems geared mainly for MP.

I play mainly SP so I much prefer a collection of other mods.

I never played OFP, but have heard amazing things about its campaign. CWR sounds amazing. What is its current status? Is it complete?

First, I don't recommend flaming a moderator, lol.

Second, not everyone agrees with you there. Well, let me rephrase that. I don't agree with you. I could not stand the fact that ACE took over ArmA's MP scene after it's release. It made me incredibly bored of ArmA. I did not like the mod at all. So in my opinion, it is not what ArmA should have been. We have yet to see what it will be like in ArmA II.

And no offense is meant towards the ACE developers. You guys put in great amounts of effort and are adored by the community. It just wasn't my favorite mod, like it is for 90% of the other players. :)

Wow an I thought A.C.E. brought new life to a dead game at the time of release.

Blah blah blah crapola. :) ACE is a perfect example on if you take the time to do something right, it will be good, which is the way ArmA 1 and 2 should have been in the first place. Also you forget that you have a team. I have a real life job and can't mod games for hours on end.:cool:

And the definition of "pointless" threads is pretty broad.

Pretty damn low to insult people who work in their free time and provide you with free content.

Mod teams are also made up of people with full time jobs and study, so you excuse of "I have a job" is a load of crap. It's more like "I want free shit but I don't care to respect the people who give it to me".

People don't get paid to mod.

If everyone had you attitude nobody would want to mod. After all, who wants to spend their free time trying to satisfy some selfish *******.

Pretty damn low to insult people who work in their free time and provide you with free content.

Mod teams are also made up of people with full time jobs and study, so you excuse of "I have a job" is a load of crap. It's more like "I want free shit but I don't care to respect the people who give it to me".

People don't get paid to mod.

If everyone had you attitude nobody would want to mod. After all, who wants to spend their free time trying to satisfy some selfish *******.

Thanks for pointing all that out. I understand that to some people, modding is about the only hobby they have for their free time but I prefer to spend time doing other things as well.

Also, I don't think my attitude is that bad. I praise the ACE mod as it is pretty much what makes ArmA 1. I would never have bought the game in the first place if it wasn't for that mod.;):threadjacked::toilet:

Thanks for pointing all that out. I understand that to some people, modding is about the only hobby they have for their free time but I prefer to spend time doing other things as well.

I'm not saying you have to mod. Just saying it's rude to go out and say the mod "sucked" so publicly when it's something that was given for free and nobody got paid to work on it.

People only have so much free time and motivation to work on these things. Having their work trashed sure doesn't help with the motivation.

Anyway, it's not like CRW development has stopped. Bringing back an old game to a new engine and bringing it up to modern standards is a lot of work, especially with an investment of $0.

That's why now we wanna remake OFP with new graphism:cool:

but i said that OFP was most realistic back than

for strict OFP remake (which is CWR) i disagree now, cause OFP had many non-realitic things (XM177 crew weapon, Carl Gustav guided, RPG75NH in soviet hands , AK with burst, many many things as AKS74U fired at 500 meters directly)

if you want cold war and realism - you have Project 85

if you want OFP directly, you have CWR