Sign in to follow this  
chammy

New Sound Mod in the making, slowly but surely

lol but when you say it, it sounds like it will take a year or more :p

Probably because it is... NOT that i'm saying it will take a year... but well, we just wait and see shall we. Chammy did say it will come. albeit slowly, in the thread topic...

Edited by Mr_Centipede

lol but when you say it, it sounds like it will take a year or more :p

It possibly could take that long. Just look at his sound mod for A1. There was a huge gap of time between versions, over a year I believe. Like MattXR stated Chammy is a busy man and this is just something he does in his free time. Rest assured though, when Chammy's sound mods hit the public they are always extremely well done.

Hopefully this thread doesn't get overwhelmed by "Any news?" posts and the likes like the A1 thread did. It's really pointless to ask. Chammy isn't the most active guy in the forums but when he has news he pops in. Heed Mr_Centipede's advice.

It possibly could take that long. Just look at his sound mod for A1. There was a huge gap of time between versions, over a year I believe. Like MattXR stated Chammy is a busy man and this is just something he does in his free time. Rest assured though, when Chammy's sound mods hit the public they are always extremely well done.

Hopefully this thread doesn't get overwhelmed by "Any news?" posts and the likes like the A1 thread did. It's really pointless to ask. Chammy isn't the most active guy in the forums but when he has news he pops in. Heed Mr_Centipede's advice.

I really do appreciate he is spending so much of his free time and if it takes a year well then it takes a year and thats how it is. I'm sure when it get released it will be very nice :cool:

We can hardly blame people for asking about progress and news, we are all very excited about this mod. I don't think Chammy mind people asking about progress and news as long as it's done nicely, else he probably wouldn't have created the thread as i'm sure he knew such questions would come up :)

Comments like the below made me a little more optimistic though :)

I might just release a beta just to get it out for right now, it won't be perfect, but it will include a BI Key. We still have to add more config entries and correct some errors.
I am looking at maybe 2 weeks tops to completion. I still have to send Protegimus the material to test as well.

Don´t get me wrong please, i don´t want to push chammy, i just wanted to get the Thread on the first Page again.

So mission acomplished^^

There's no reason TO push it to the first page. It's not like if you do a naked Keebler elf riding a magnificent magical unicorn will descend from a rainbow to grant you 3 wishes or anything. It's just spamming and flat out annoying to be honest. Every time I see a new post here I think "Can it be? Did he finally release something?" only to find out it's just another page of yahoo's askin' if he's done yet. <facepalm>

Every time I see a new post here I think "Can it be? Did he finally release something?" only to find out it's just another page of yahoo's askin' if he's done yet. <facepalm>

If it "could be" it would probably be in the complete mods forum :p

For all you well wishers heres a video of the sounds :P

9Si1hQaaPlg

For all you well wishers heres a video of the sounds :P

Wow a brand "old" video :p

There's no reason TO push it to the first page. It's not like if you do a naked Keebler elf riding a magnificent magical unicorn will descend from a rainbow to grant you 3 wishes or anything. It's just spamming and flat out annoying to be honest. Every time I see a new post here I think "Can it be? Did he finally release something?" only to find out it's just another page of yahoo's askin' if he's done yet. <facepalm>

LOL

Naa I browsed throght the Forum and got to the 4th Side, and there I saw this Thread and I thaught "Why is it on Page 4? it will be such a great Mod, why not kind of restart a discussion in there to let Chammy know that his Fans are still here supporting him, that this wonderfull Soundmod isn´t forgotten...." I think I somehow felt sorry for this Thread^^

Small arms & effects sounds from a development version.

Very much a WIP with a number of sounds still classed as placeholders. Config (my main responsibility) is pretty well polished and certainly well tested.

Just to let you know we are working on getting the right content in and that constructive discussion is most appreciated.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NTp9pD8fz8&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NTp9pD8fz8&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Very much a WIP with a number of sounds still classed as placeholders. Config (my main responsibility) is pretty well polished and certainly well tested.

Just to let you know we are working on getting the right content in and that constructive discussion is most appreciated.

Sounds great!

I guess you just have inadvertently increased the frequency of "When is it ready" posts (if that can even be higher than it already is) :D

Thanks for the update, it sounds great :cool:

Nice really does sound great!. i Couldnt hear any placeholders like but thats just me! looking forward to it!

Keep up the good work guys! thanks for the video!

Great to have some new stuff to hear. Im glad that the Mod supports TRSM

More here... tactical gameplay this time, but software emulation audio by the sound of it? :(

Edited by Protegimus

Sounds great and very intense especially when theres a big firefight far away.

I really liked it, although some of the sounds seemed muffled, and when he was sniping at night, the sounds seemed to be delayed. He would shoot, then I would hear the sound a second later... or this could be a youtube thing. Like you said, it is a WIP, although, it is hard to tell what is WIP and what is not, everything is just so good! Thanks for the update, can't wait!

Edited by 5leggedchair

Great update on the video guys. Really like what i hear. Awesome metallic bang in the M1 MG. :)

Was thinking about incoming rockets (MLRS etc) would be nice if you guys got those incoming whoooooooooieeee sounds in. :) Gives tons better immersion. SOW soundmod has it even though these in the video sounds different.

Scary video with incoming rockets. Fast forward to 0:35 (more come after as well).

Alex72

that was a good vid, here is 1 I found where the arty is landing much closer to the camera and the Whooosh can be heard very well.

fast forward to 2:23

http://www.apacheclips.com/media/8307/Incoming_Artillery/

if this sound could be implemented I would have nightmares after playing.

Can't wait for this awesome sound mod.

sound is what really drives immersion.

Hehe these sounds pointed out here are also being used in my artillery mod. I am sure Chammy will probably have already something with a lot of uumph in his sound mod, his sound mod was always my favourite due to the outstanding quality.

Was thinking about incoming rockets (MLRS etc) would be nice if you guys got those incoming whoooooooooieeee sounds in. :) Gives tons better immersion. SOW soundmod has it even though these in the video sounds different.

Scary video with incoming rockets. Fast forward to 0:35 (more come after as well).

Thanks for the youtube link :)

I'm actually using that sound in a mission i'm making, it still need some adjustment though.

Take 1:

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD84yiJ0cH0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD84yiJ0cH0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

Take 2:

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mn51Rbv4W58&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mn51Rbv4W58&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

Edited by JW Custom