Sign in to follow this  
^Th0mas^

Hi there! How many ArmA II patches should we expect?

I see good old Operation Flashpoint is 1.90 :D ! Thats awsome right? Do they still make patches for the first ArmA? I bet BIS is busy working on the expension pach ATM, so its sad IMO. We should get some more patches out for ArmA II! I agreed with the Gametrailers review when the guy said that ArmA II will be a GREAT game with enough patching! Its already the best game ever, but it could be better :)! So should we expect plenty?

Sorry then :(

---------- Post added at 12:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 PM ----------

I thought maybe the developers could answer...

1.4 was the last patch? :(

1.04 not 1.4 And do you seriously believe that ArmA2 would not go further than 1.04?;) Even ArmA went to 1.14. (beta was already in 1.16)

And do you seriously believe that ArmA2 would not go further than 1.04?;)

Ofcourse not, i was just responding to NoRailgunner telling me to expect the unexpected, and BI stopping patching after 1.04 would be very unexpected. :p

I'm expecting 1.1 - 1.15 . The game is highly playable atm, it's not like we really need much more, considering BIS will most likely focus on Arrowhead instead.

Never played ARMA. How "playable" was it after all the patches?

About 200% better then the first version. :p

They left ArmA with beta patches. You're best hope is probably community patches since I don't think Bohemia is expecting people to prefer ArmA over ArmA2. Most of the ArmA stuff can be ported over so its really not that much of a loss.

Although, the last Arma beta patch was released after Arma 2. So in other words, expect patches until Arma 3 is out, or at least til AO has been out for a fair while.

Hm, I really hope there will be more patches. Arma 2 is not very optimized at the moment (slowdowns due to vegetation & cities, some may remember Arma 1 ...) and there are still many bugs / glitches with vehicle models.

It makes me feel betrayed by BIS because they anounce an stand-alone expansion 2 months after the game's release, when it was still in a very bad state. It's like saying: "Ok, last project went wrong. Buy our next game, maybe you'll have luck and get a game that's ready and is filled with content."

I know BIS has supported their last titles a long time. But they don't have to. They could always say, that they don't want to make any more patches. And with the announcement of Operation Arrowhead it feels like they are milking the fans (sounds hard, but it can't change the impression).

PS: No, I don't buy a game to wait for community addons (which are outstanding, imho), it's wrong because I should have paid the community and the developer if it goes this way. They wrote military sim on the package, not sandbox.

Just to clarify, two different groups are responsable with patching ArmA2 and developing Operation Arrowhead. The developement of either is in no way hindering the speed at which they are being produced. If you want faster patches for ArmA2 without the wait, check the beta patches.

Just to clarify, two different groups are responsable with patching ArmA2 and developing Operation Arrowhead. The developement of either is in no way hindering the speed at which they are being produced. If you want faster patches for ArmA2 without the wait, check the beta patches.

Source?

I never requested faster patches. I just tried to describe, what BIS actions make me believe. As I said, it's like they say "We want your money first, then wait till we fix, what you have bought."

Don't get me wrong, I like BIS games. But I can't lose the impression that Operation Flashpoint was their best game so far (regarding the amount of bugs by the time of release). Now, it's like you have to wait another year after you get a smooth game.

Edited by LeadCommando65

So the expension is a stand alone? If it was a ArmA II add on i wouldnt feel that betrayed.

It makes me feel betrayed by BIS because they anounce an stand-alone expansion 2 months after the game's release, when it was still in a very bad state. It's like saying: "Ok, last project went wrong. Buy our next game, maybe you'll have luck and get a game that's ready and is filled with content."

Ohh no not this discussion again :banghead:

It's been stated time after time after time that just because BIS has announced a new title they wont stop working on current titles.

It's like any other developer they constantly have something in the works, it's a business they need to make money else there won't be any more games.

I know BIS has supported their last titles a long time. But they don't have to. They could always say, that they don't want to make any more patches. And with the announcement of Operation Arrowhead it feels like they are milking the fans (sounds hard, but it can't change the impression).

Eugh, not this again...

Here's one, here's another, and one more.

Long time fan since 2001!

I play Arma mostly, have arma2 but when you combine ECS, Ace,GL3, truemods, propermods, and many other tweaks and fixes for arma, makes me wonder why i even bought arma2.

But im a loyal fan and i bought it cuz it is great. But I created my own mod for Arma utilizing many of the great mods out there that really are not dependant on the pacthes, i mean they are to play of course, but what im saying is that if you are depending on a better game with patches alone then you are seriously missing out on the big picture of what Arma and Arma 2 is capable of, this is why players come out with mods and scripts and tweaks this is teh beauty of teh game and is what makes teh community strong!.

I never got why people flustered over patches when you can fix up the game yourself to how you want to play. OFP is the same way. I can see the somewhat limitation to arma 2 in terms of not alot of stuff out for it like Arma 1 as it is somewhat still new but the game is playable and can be modded and added too, those that refuse to play the game fully and just complain about this or that i find rather ignorant.

when the patch comes it will, in the meantime theres addons, mods, and scripts to checkout, its like :xmas: everyday!

Source?

I never requested faster patches. I just tried to describe, what BIS actions make me believe. As I said, it's like they say "We want your money first, then wait till we fix, what you have bought."

Don't get me wrong, I like BIS games. But I can't lose the impression that Operation Flashpoint was their best game so far (regarding the amount of bugs by the time of release). Now, it's like you have to wait another year after you get a smooth game.

Well it seems Zipper5 beat me to it but I'll go ahead and make the post I typed out below:

I know you don't want to do this, but there's an entire thread devoted to the announcement and discussion of the Operation Arrowhead expansion in the General forums, and a QnA about it in the News forums. OA has been in production since January with the help of IDEA. The group of people responsable with patching ArmA2 have little to do with the process of making OA, BIS may be small, but they are not that small that they can not manage their resources to different tasks. Once OA is released, the patching process for either games will complement one another, such as if a fix for some issue is discovered while patching OA, it may be applied to ArmA2 as well if it involves a feature/issue shared by both games, and vice versa.

Official News Announcement and QnA: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=84824

General Announcement topic: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=83717

I'm not going to sift through 116 pages of posts to find some quote by Ohara or one of the devs from 2 months back. So if you want, sit down and have a read.

Additionally, it is my understanding that OFP, when released, had far more bugs than the release of ArmA or ArmA2. ArmA2 is quite playable now minus a few people who experience complete game breaking (truly game breaking, not just nit picking bullshit) bugs.

---------- Post added at 03:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 PM ----------

So the expension is a stand alone? If it was a ArmA II add on i wouldnt feel that betrayed.

ArmA2 content will be portable to the expansion, however the content in the expansion will not be portable to ArmA2. So if you have ArmA2 already, and get Arrowhead, you will be able to use the island and units from ArmA2 in the Arrowhead editor. In a sense, ArmA2 will be an addon for Arrowhead I guess.