Sign in to follow this  
Bon

co35 Hunt Waldo 2 (Regeneration)

Very good news :thumb:

We ran your mission on our server this weekend and we had a blast!

Although the mission is difficult and requires a lot of teamwork, you did a very good job. Your mission is immersive and intense.

Nominated to the Community Awards 2009!

IMO the best coop mission out there with respawn (and revive) apart from Domination and Evolution.

just played this with a few friends.

Very tough, but very good. One of the best missions I have ever played.

Many thanks.

Bon,

A friend and I were playing on my pc, it was not a dedicated server, we had saved the game a few timers, and were using ace ver 0.221

We killed everything at the airfield, but then nothing happened?

any advice?

Bon,

A friend and I were playing on my pc, it was not a dedicated server, we had saved the game a few timers, and were using ace ver 0.221

We killed everything at the airfield, but then nothing happened?

any advice?

Hi ahmedjbh,

tried that yesterday and can confirm this doesn't work, so you did not do anything wrong.

The mission is intended to be played on a dedicated server environment, but is designed in a way that you can play it in a hosted environment as well.

The only thing I never considered was saving and resuming games. Actually, I really don't know how this works in ArmA2 anyway, what happens with currently running scripts when suspending and what happens with them when resuming a previously stored game. And 99% of all of this mission is scripted.

So I am sorry for that.

Hi Bon,

I give you feedback and post a bug report.

Some of these bugs existed even before patch 1.05 was released:

• At mission startup instead of spawning on the LHD, we land in water. There is no LHD.
  • Some cities are clear, no enemies. For example in Chernogorsk mission in the briefing it says: "Expect heavy enemy resistance" what a joke! :D the city was absolutely empty, not even a single Russian.

We experienced these bugs a while ago and i post this bug report a little bit late but i really want to play this mission again and right now it is impossible.

Please Bon fix both Utes and Chernarus versions, our community loves your missions: they bring some fun in the milsim environment.

Hi ahmedjbh,

tried that yesterday and can confirm this doesn't work, so you did not do anything wrong.

The mission is intended to be played on a dedicated server environment, but is designed in a way that you can play it in a hosted environment as well.

The only thing I never considered was saving and resuming games. Actually, I really don't know how this works in ArmA2 anyway, what happens with currently running scripts when suspending and what happens with them when resuming a previously stored game. And 99% of all of this mission is scripted.

So I am sorry for that.

I will try again without the saving, and see if that makes any difference.

Thanks for your reply, its a great level!

ok, it works fine , as long as you dont save and click revert!

very good map, many thanks.

The only other thing we noticed is that the enemy patrol on the south coast doesnt leave the most westernly point.

• At mission startup instead of spawning on the LHD, we land in water. There is no LHD.
  • Some cities are clear, no enemies. For example in Chernogorsk mission in the briefing it says: "Expect heavy enemy resistance" what a joke! :D the city was absolutely empty, not even a single Russian.

Hi LoneStar1,

the first issue can't be fixed that easy. The carrier gets created per script, and sometimes, especially when your dedicated server was freshly started, your client machine is faster then the server. Two possibilities: Ignore it, just respawn, or restart the server. The second time it should work properly.

The second issue isn't related to Chernogorsk, each mission is picked randomly and takes place on random locations. You said something of "expect heavy resistance" in the briefing, so I assume the mission was to search the houses in Chernogorsk for intel back then. Will check it.

The only other thing we noticed is that the enemy patrol on the south coast doesnt leave the most westernly point.

Thanks, will check that as well.

Do you get AI squad mates if you play alone? (in other words, is this mission SP playable?)

I am really keen to know this as well. Bon, would it be possible to make this available as an SP mission please?

Hi mates,

I am really keen to know this as well. Bon, would it be possible to make this available as an SP mission please?

What are the major differences between SP and MP? As far as I know, commanding AI is a MUST in SP, as well as you have the ability to save and resume game states.

Well, the first point is no problem. All I would have to do is enabling the AI again and search for an appropriate alternative starting location because AI uses to hop off the aircraft carrier whenever possible :D.

Since hosting this mission is not restricted to a dedicated server machine, you can simply start it on singleplayer, should work fine with everything.

The second point might be a problem: I NEVER EVER played SP in ArmA2, neither in Armed Assault, so editing a mission for SP purpose would be foreign country to me, and it would take some time trying things out, getting familiar with gamesaving collaborating with scripts and stuff like that. When there is a big overall desire for a SP version I will spend this time, but all I can suggest right now is being patient and hope for me to not getting lost in translation :p

-------------------------------------------

---------- Something different -------------

-------------------------------------------

Whoever wants to play this mission is free to download an unofficial version 2.2 - the version 2.1 was released at the starting day of the ACE2 open beta, and since then a lot changed (at least for the CBA) so that the current ACE2 version of this mission doesn't work anymore.

Working now for about three months on v2.2 where almost all minor and major issues are fixed and all ACE2 features and weapons are integrated.

As I said, its unofficial: I did not setup a complete changelog yet, there is still one thing on my ToDo list, furthermore I am concerned about this mission providing all ACE2 stuff of the ACE2 final release (so my actual intention is to officially release v2.2 not before ACE2 development comes to an end, but as it seems right now, this will never happen :bored:).

The mission pack comes with a port to Isla Duala by Icebreakr, and there might be some more ports to other maps on the official release (as I might remind you on Fallout's port to Panthera. Last to say, with version 2.2 the development of this mission will come to an end, happy that it was my hobby-horse for about a whole year now.

Link to the file:

http://10th-community.com/arma2/10th-missions/Hunt_Waldo_2_v22.zip

Hey Bon,

Any chance you could do a quick enable of AI (without testing game saves) and letting us have a go of that please?

Wal

best mission if have played for Arma.

Do you want a buglist for the other islands or are you still working on it?

best mission if have played for Arma.

Do you want a buglist for the other islands or are you still working on it?

If these bugs are related to the Panthera port you don't need to report them here, since this one is not made by myself and still the older version of the mission.

In any other case I'd appreciate bug reports.

played v 2.2 and had much fun but also a little bugs:

-after saving weapons the javelin isn't in gear after respawn. only the missle

edit: -lift vehicle entry in actionmenu is still availeble and didn't work as it should(i think)

Edited by toxic-nova

The mission pack comes with a port to Isla Duala by Icebreakr

wow, cool, i was just gonna ask ya if u feel like portn hunt waldo to duala hehee well, and there it is...yiiiepiiiiieeeeeeee

.....and there might be some more ports to other maps on the official release

would also be very, very nice'n cool to see a hunt waldo port for Quesh-kibrul

Last to say, with version 2.2 the development of this mission will come to an end, happy that it was my hobby-horse for about a whole year now.

thx for your effort, work, sweat and enthusiasm for the comm soldier and the same of course goes to icebreaker for this fantastic island duala!

thank-you.jpg