Sign in to follow this  
Bon

co35 Hunt Waldo 2 (Regeneration)

picture.php?id=912

Short description:

You start as USMC from the Carrier at south coast of Chernarus, with your first objective to capture the main airfield.

Once the airfield is yours, the search starts for the oppositions leader, codename "Waldo", who hides somewhere in Chernarus. You can now check each house in each town on the map, or solve main missions to gather Intel about Waldo's whereabouts. There are 10 different main missions atm which are picked randomly by the server, taking place at random locations (so replayability should be given, since its all random).

There are also different side missions, which, solved, unlock special vehicles for your team, like A10, AH1Z, Abrams and so on.

During a single main mission your Death count is stored. Dependend on your Teams Deathrate after a mission is accomplished, your team earns money which can be used to construct usefull things as respawn points, static defences or covers.

Same as its predecessor each unit class comes with different skills and weapon pool.

All important information to the missions and other features is written in the enclosed Manual.

The mission itself is packed as a .7z archive together with the Manual, provided on

fh-warzone.de (v2.2)

Armaholic.com (v2.1) <- thanks to Big

armedassault.info (v2.1) <- thanks to Old Bear

Hf, Bon.

Edited by Bon

One sidemission where team has to blow church didn't work as church was nothing but rubble after multiple bomb hits and sidemission just wouldn't end.

Hi Seve,

thankful for your post, I am sorry for this late response.

One sidemission where team has to blow church didn't work as church was nothing but rubble after multiple bomb hits and sidemission just wouldn't end.

True, the churches are not destroyable by regular fireworks. I once used about 20 satchel charges, blew all M1 Abrams ammunition into it, even crashed some helicopters into the building. The damage model reaches maximum very quick, but the church will never become fully destroyed.

If that's what you tried, there is nothing to fix, because the task actually is not about blowing the church but to designate it with a laser marker and call in an AI controlled bomber.

Once the church receives a hit by a GBU bomb it becomes maximum damaged by script. Just read the task of this sidemission carefully.

If you actually tried to call in the bomber, which then dropped the bomb on the church and it did not end the sidemission anyway, let me tell you that I am currently working on improving the "call bomber thing" and that it will work in the next version.

Cheers, Bon.

Update beta.2

Thanks to all who have taken the time to play the Mission in the past week - As long as there is still no Linux server files, I depend on you.

The few times where I joined a server and have played, I found not many, but serious bugs, which I hereby announce as fixed.

1. Fixed: One of the main missions does not create Tasks and markers which then breaks the whole mod, since the player does not know what to do next.
  2. Fixed: Markers on map resize, replace or just disappear when another player connects
  3. Improvement: Decreased range of enemy patrols around the airfield in the initial mission, also airfield is now secure once players number exceeds enemy number, to avoid endless searching for single enemy units to conquer the airfield.
  4. Improvement: "Calling the bomber for sidemission" thing: You can request as many bombers as you want during the sidemission. A bomber getting shot means 2000$ less after the current main mission is done. After 2 minutes of inactivity the bomber "returns to base",(i.e. leaves the battlefield and gets deleted)

The new version is available on my download page.

Have fun, I will keep my eyes open for you guys playing it, maybe I will join your game :cool:

Another week went by, and beta.3 comes again with many small changes and improvements, here the most striking ones:

changelog

• FIXED: spawn too many enemy units, a point can be reached where no more enemies spawn at all
  • FIXED: using the HALO jump the settingsmenu and progess status are not available anymore by pressing "T" and "I", respectively.
  • CHANGED: Special Vehicles, unlocked by resolving a sidemission, respawn now. Respawn time: 20 minutes.
  • CHANGED: Resolving a sidemission brings the team 2500$ now.
  • NEW: Load ammunition into any vehicles cargo space (read Manual, section "Other Features", for more information).

Version beta.3 will be the last, or perhaps the next to the last betaversion I am going to release, however, no later than the 30th of October the final will be downloadable.

Hf.

Bon,

This is a great mission, my clan loves it! Especially when they counterattack the airfield. There was just two of us on last night when they did. Kicked our asses, but we did get it back. In regards to intel, there are numerous cases in the objective area. I take it you have to inspect each case and extract small pieces of the intel to complete the mission?

Great job!

Cheers

Roushie

very good teamplay mission, my clan also likes it! thx 4 your great job here with this and thx 4 popping by yesterday in teamspeak with smithy and having a go at the latest version!

good job soldier and keep up the good work

again a great mission from you bon. Our clan like you mission really and hope you will keep up your fantastic work!

Greetings

Jack

Thank you all mates.

Here is the final version of my Hunt Waldo mission on Chernarus for up to 35 players.

Not many changes since the last betaversion, there was basically no bug to fix, just small potatoes.

changelog v2.0 final

1. FIXED: The jet service point did not work for some vehicles.
  2. CHANGED: Unloaded ammunition appears now as a box instead of a weaponholder, which was sometimes a bit hard to find in the grass.
  3. CHANGED: Loading ammunition into a vehicle's trunk will cost you now 250$ (increased).
  4. CHANGED: Replaced the two M2-HMMWVs by a TOW- and Mk19-HMMWV.
  5. CHANGED: Decreased the overall enemy presence, since I found there were still too much of them.
  6. NEW: Switch between a class dependend or an open for all weapon pool by a missions parameter.
  7. NEW: Second mission file with the AIS (Advanced injury System) and BC (Battlefield Clearance) Modules integrated.

Remark point 6.

I think you can consider the newly added mission parameter as a button to switch between

- open weaponpool -> more arcade singleplayer rambo style

- class dependend weapon pool -> more teamwork style

Please keep in mind, intentionally the weapon pool was considered to be class dependend.

Remark point 7.

I really like the AIS and BC modules, but they still seem not to work very reliable in Multiplayer, which prevented me to anchor them firmly into the actual mission, putting them into a separate mission file instead, so that the choice to use it or not is left to you. However, since the second mission file contains the additional prefix "Revive" in the mission description, having this feature enabled is visible from the Server list already.

At this point, once again, I want to thank you all who supported the development during the beta phase, and I really hope you will enjoy this work.

Hf, Bon_Inf*.

woot great work! Tomorrow we have with our friends of TiW a big Hunt Waldo Event!

What is BC (Battlefield Clearance) ???? What do this module ?

Greetings

Jack

Here is the final version of my Hunt Waldo mission on Chernarus for up to 35 players.........

brilliant news! we will playing the final version next week wednesday! saw your post to late yesterday, cause we played the version u released before last evening again and had a awesome good round!

thanks_for_add_graphics_01.gif

good job soldier and thx 4 your work

Nice work Bon, glad you included the ARMA2 first aid module variant, because we detest respawn, though Norrin's Revive is our preference...

Also appreciate the gear unlocking, and role unlocking; for small numbers, very difficult to take out the airport with locked roles and locked gear,

Note i two different games with 13 and 4 players, the airport was populated with exactly 2 BMP3's, two T-90's and two Tungustas BOTH times, 13 players was on max AI skill and max AI numbers, 4 players was you most recent build with minimum AI skill and minimum AI numbers. Simply could not take this amount of armour out without dying with only one or two AT guys in role-locked situation

I think you really need 10 players minimum to make this satisfying, of which two must be pilots to do all the transporting. We didn't use the engineer at all with 4 players

Hi gnarly_rider,

glad you like it.

...because we detest respawn, though Norrin's Revive is our preference...

Norrin's Revive script is, regarding to reviving, state-of-the-art, and of course, I tried to integrate it first, before using the BIS modules.

Norrin did a great job, especially looking at the script's documentation, unfortunately, it just conflicts with too much of then already implemented, starting with the displayeventhandler (actions being executed when pushing a button on your keyboard), over the existing spawn dialog, ending with spawning on the dynamically created Carrier where the Hunt for Waldo starts.

It took me two days of hard work trying to understand the scripts and to fit them into the mission before I gave it up, deciding to use the BIS modules instead (which are, actually, inappropriate working with disabled AI and respawn - but that's the reason I anchored them into a separate mission file).

Note i two different games with 13 and 4 players, the airport was populated with exactly 2 BMP3's, two T-90's and two Tungustas BOTH times, 13 players was on max AI skill and max AI numbers, 4 players was you most recent build with minimum AI skill and minimum AI numbers. Simply could not take this amount of armour out without dying with only one or two AT guys in role-locked situation

The number of enemies on the airfield in the initial mission does not vary, is always the same - however, your team's death rate is not important for clearing the airfield, it starts counting with the first main objective after the airfield is occupied. So at this point you can die as much as you want :D

I think you really need 10 players minimum to make this satisfying, of which two must be pilots to do all the transporting. We didn't use the engineer at all with 4 players

I agree. You can play this mission with less than 5 people and still having fun, however, the real fun starts with 10 players and more.

Hf, Bon.

Cheers for the feedback Bon, we had another fun run tonight with 7 bodies and gear unlocked, had the AI or normal skill and they seem pretty dumb, so will try next time on Elite. Great little mission, and the base defense is a blast (though hunting that last little guy down was a little painful, but not too bad).

Today we have a nice event with 14 people playing Hunt Waldo and it was really amazing. Superb mission.

May it possible to have some delay between the missions ? So that not immediatly come the next mission ?

Follow Situation:

We finish a mission and the next mission was to rescue the squad. After 5 Minutes we where in the target area... heli was hitting by Anti Air and our pilot was able to land the heli without motor in the near of the city. But at the moment we where landing the mission was failed and the tanks have ovverrun the city and squad. Nearly impossible :)

But i think a little delay ( 5 minutes or so ? ) will be also good for regroup etc. for other missions like Stop Convoi.

Greetings

May it possible to have some delay between the missions ? So that not immediatly come the next mission ?

Follow Situation:

We finish a mission and the next mission was to rescue the squad. After 5 Minutes we where in the target area... heli was hitting by Anti Air and our pilot was able to land the heli without motor in the near of the city. But at the moment we where landing the mission was failed and the tanks have ovverrun the city and squad. Nearly impossible :)

But i think a little delay ( 5 minutes or so ? ) will be also good for regroup etc. for other missions like Stop Convoi.

Good point.

For the next version I increased the minimum distance between the convoy start and its destination, as well as set the enemies attacking the squad in the "rescue squad" mission further away.

There will also be an additional mission parameter that lets you set a general time delay up to 5 minutes between the missions.

Hf, und danke fürs Feedback. :)

This sounds really intresting. We will test in AtoW in our next PvAI event and report back.

changelog:

• FIXED: Calling the bomber more than one time in the "lasertarget sidemission" does not work sometimes.
  • FIXED: Convoy vehicles/units did not get deleted after the "stop convoy" mission, remainig at the convoy destination.
  • NEW: added mission parameter to adjust a time delay between main missions
  • NEW: added a stable and reliable Advanced Injury System (reference: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=90466)
  • CHANGED: dropped the intro music -> decreased missionfile size by half
  • CHANGED: "defend base" sidemission succeeds now when player's side dominates the airfield after the 2nd wave spawned (instead of eliminating all of them)
  • CHANGED: artillery delay decreased to 5 minutes (from 30 minutes)
  • CHANGED: improved the heli-lifting
  • CHANGED: Engineer role now has access to the M136 rocket launcher
  • CHANGED: standard spawn now always airfield or carrier, respectively - in case someone closes spawn dialog unintended, and spawns at MASH
  • CHANGED: in mission to find ammocrates decreased the number of ammocrates from 10 to 4
  • CHANGED: deployed the 3 engineers into the squads
  • CHANGED: Engineers can build assets like static defenses or covers also when close to a Blackhawk or Osprey helicopter (for Mashes, FOPS you still need a salvage truck)

Also thanks to [FHW] derAlky from http://www.fh-warzone.de the downloadable archive contains an A.C.E.2 version of this mission, with the mod-specific equipment, US Army units and vehicles integrated.

Edited by Bon