Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Dragon Rising has been released

I think you may have missed the point (excellent post by the way). Niche or Crappy games often attract the most diehard fans. Templar's undying love for OFP: DR stems from the fact he is the sole shining light of that community. Both the devs and the small community heap praise on him which in turn makes him even more dedicated to modding a game. All modders, myself included, get off a little on the attention we receive from release. Now imagine you are the only one modding a particular game. This makes you the sole focus of the community no matter how small. I think this is a much more likely reason than CM hiring the guy.

But in the end its still like Bernini carving statues out of a pile of shit.

But in the end its still like Bernini carving statues out of a pile of shit.

maybe but he's still a god to the flies swarming around the pile.

In the end, all of it doesn't matter, because the masquerade was quite successful until the release date. They just tried to get the best out of the crap they produced over the past several years, and you can say they were successful with the misleading and the selling of the "game".

I'd love to have those marketing guys in my company, if I had one :D

They borrowed them from Nvidia...

I think you may have missed the point (excellent post by the way). Niche or Crappy games often attract the most diehard fans. Templar's undying love for OFP: DR stems from the fact he is the sole shining light of that community. Both the devs and the small community heap praise on him which in turn makes him even more dedicated to modding a game. All modders, myself included, get off a little on the attention we receive from release. Now imagine you are the only one modding a particular game. This makes you the sole focus of the community no matter how small. I think this is a much more likely reason than CM hiring the guy.

No doubt, this person has been the champion of DR and if this is where he gets his much needed attention, so be it. Negative attention seems to be acceptable too, him coming to this forum is like the game "whack a mole", he is the mole and pops his head up here and gets a mallet to the noggen. I guess it's like a drug addiction, once the attention he craves is not coming from his familiar place, the attention here will have to do even if it means being rake across the coals. Calling everyone here a D_ _ K showed his colours. DR will be remembered for the fail that it is. Some may like it, but the fact remains it was not well received by most gamers and was a real disappointment.

I don't, I need to get rid of one.

Any takers?

She can't cook, she can't clean, but she can.... um.. she's a girl

She can't cook, she can't clean, but she can.... um.. she's a girl

Play dead and roll over? :D

Then you also have this. Man alive were Codemasters ever lazy. I'd heard reports of the models being exactly the same for the PLA and USMC, but I never saw proof. But they are. The only difference is the textures. It's unbelievable. :rolleyes:

The fail keeps coming thick and fast. It's the only thing prolonging the games lifespan, people looking for all the half assed poorly made crap and limitations. If this game does get a sequel (which apparently it's getting) then let's hope someone makes a counter marketting campaign to show what this one is like, maybe people will think twice.

Then you also have this. Man alive were Codemasters ever lazy. I'd heard reports of the models being exactly the same for the PLA and USMC, but I never saw proof. But they are. The only difference is the textures. It's unbelievable. :rolleyes:

I said this when the game first came out and was largely ignored lol...oh well that's just pure lazyness.

The fail keeps coming thick and fast. It's the only thing prolonging the games lifespan, people looking for all the half assed poorly made crap and limitations. If this game does get a sequel (which apparently it's getting) then let's hope someone makes a counter marketting campaign to show what this one is like, maybe people will think twice.

Well, could have been worse. If there wasn't for this one odd guy smarter than the whole CM military adviser department you'd have the Chinese dressed up in police uniforms.

now it's a pixel hunt and the "answer" is to put an X over the enemy. So what, "O" is friendly, "X" is enemy? Then you could show the tether and you would have "Dragon Rising: Operation Tic-Tac-Toe"

Luhgnut;1563212']now it's a pixel hunt and the "answer" is to put an X over the enemy. So what' date=' "O" is friendly, "X" is enemy? Then you could show the tether and you would have "Dragon Rising: Operation Tic-Tac-Toe"[/quote']

Please don't give them any ideas for even more simple gameplay. Although I admit, tic-tac-toe does require more usage of the brain than DR does (certainly against an opponent that doesn't need 30 minutes of scripting to do more than stand there and lag behind with their aiming).

Hmmm someone should post a poll in the consoles section of that site "How much would you pay for bug/gameplay fixes?" It might show CM how much money they could make out of doing so! :rolleyes:

Hmmm someone should post a poll in the consoles section of that site "How much would you pay for bug/gameplay fixes?" It might show CM how much money they could make out of doing so! :rolleyes:

I wonder how many people would still be stupid enough for that. I mean sure, both games were flawed at release, but at least BIS is patching and adding things for free, with CM you pay for everything twice ... and it still won't work. Not even to mention "work as advertised" ...

I wonder how many people would still be stupid enough for that. I mean sure, both games were flawed at release, but at least BIS is patching and adding things for free, with CM you pay for everything twice ... and it still won't work. Not even to mention "work as advertised" ...

on PC patches and DLC are free, on consoles patches are free, DLC is not. and BIS dont have a game on the consoles so you cant compare them on that system

No Please don´t....

Don't worry, I'm sure the lowest option would be "first born child". :D

---------- Post added at 02:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 PM ----------

on PC patches and DLC are free, on consoles patches are free, DLC is not. and BIS dont have a game on the consoles so you cant compare them on that system

We're talking about actual fixes, not their patches... :)

Oooooooooooooo my god he come back on lol {BIS dont have a game on the consoles} i think thay do OFP for xbox but any way back to the fix's for this game O_o one min you can't fix the game seein as CM did a big fk up with it any way lol

Oooooooooooooo my god he come back on lol {BIS dont have a game on the consoles} i think thay do OFP for xbox but any way back to the fix's for this game O_o one min you can't fix the game seein as CM did a big fk up with it any way lol

Yeah cos you could release patches for xbox games....

The personal attacks (on both sides) stop right now or we end that 'discussion'. This thread is about the sunken dragon as a game, not about its community members or developers.