Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Dragon Rising has been released

I forgot to add that point, that dr was just released in japan recently, so that caused a spike in sales.

i felt sorry for the people in japan, as they mostly dont go to english site and understand what they have just brought(on the other hand, why would i need to choose DR when there is so many good/better title in the market?)

It has Flashpoint in the name, it's easy to see why if your not able to acess information why you could be misled.

Hopefully they have some good fansites that will report the truth about this game quickly.

Ego engine=total console engine

DR is failed by Design. Kind of like if you had tons of material on a bridge and the bridges supports weren't connected at all to the bedrock below and there was an earthquake.

Is it smart to expand the bridge to carry more load, and install fancy signs and sidewalks?? HELL NO!!! but thats exactly what I see with Dragon Crap.

lolololoolololoololololololoolololol

Just got the 2nd patch today for DR and this is what I have to say. The Second GODLY (farts) patch for Dragon Rice is flawed also. http://community.codemasters.com/forum/operation-flashpoint-dragon-rising-game-pc-113/405552-patch-2-fail-major-mp-bug.html :eek:

Im looking forward to Dragon Crap 2 because it will be "On a scale NEVAR BEFORE SEEN!!" BURN

:p

Edited by Flash Thunder

The scary thing is that people are still holding out...

Codemasters are a disgrace to the gaming industry. I hope that no one buys them out and that they go bankrupt. Having this major "game saving" patch 2 on the way, that will rectify DR's issues and make it how it should have been, only to have it turn out to be yet another joke of a patch. I'd love to hear from those who continued to defend the game based on this next patch fixing it all. :rolleyes:

I dont think most people are holding out anymore, although a few strangely do...

I will continue playing and making stuff for the game even if CM COMPLETELY drop all support, I was pretty sure after getting patch 1, and talking to CM that they werent going to do alot. But hey I love the game so I wont stop playing just because CM wont improve it!

Thought you guys would like this :

ev4JIXFKmgo

CM should have really made difficulty levels!

i also wish CM bancrupcy because of misleading for customers usage of name Operation Flashpoint to release something which is poor quality shooter

Even with that difficulty mod of yours, templar, they still miss an unreasonably large amount. Especially given that you're a static target with a huge profile. I did indeed like being reminded of how inaccurate they shoot, though. Also, notice how they all seemingly fire at the same time for the same intervals? Obviously programed to do that. Never noticed it before.

if you want to want know how accurate the AI are, only pay attention to Hardcore configuration, as the blocker is not effecting anything but the first bullet

Nice work, Temps.

Although, you spelled Vanilla wrong, but I'm guessing that was intentional.

Nice work, Temps.

Although, you spelled Vanilla wrong, but I'm guessing that was intentional.

hahaha, thats what I get for making a video at 1:30am I wish I could say it was on purpose

The last few seconds of the video are about as exciting as DR can get :)

BAM, BAM, BAM game over and time to load ARMA2 up.

Templar, your dedication to that game is incredible Hat's off for that.

Though there is so much work needed to make this game really what you hoped for and you can do so little with no proper SDK, that I can't but picture you as the Titanic's orchestra. Playing the violin while the ship is sinking.

and ai with predication, object models with correct damage modeling, grass the AI can't see through, no invisible noob shields, LOD that works further than 100meters, greater than 60% FOV. more than 63 available ai/player objects, planes.

edit: and real multiplayer support would have been extra special.

yeah they were "this close" to creating the most realistic military (combat) experience ever. What they created was the most realistic military experience...."Waiting around for countless hours, fixing equipment, counting everything over and over, watching TV."

Edited by [RIP] Luhgnut

I dont think most people are holding out anymore, although a few strangely do...

I will continue playing and making stuff for the game even if CM COMPLETELY drop all support, I was pretty sure after getting patch 1, and talking to CM that they werent going to do alot. But hey I love the game so I wont stop playing just because CM wont improve it!

Thought you guys would like this :

Hmmmmm, not quite sure the purpose of this video. I will agree with others about your dedication and enthusiasm to make the game for those that like it better. It's too bad your enthusiasm was not invested in the ARMA II modding community. I will never like DR for sole reason that it's a console port and played with a game pad. Not only that, there are far too many flaws and the game would literally have to be torn down and re-built...literally. ARMA II and BIS's software is just a superior product for what it is trying to be. Almost ten years of BIS software on my hard drive....hmmmmm, says it all for me.

Edited by W0lle
quoted video

Hmmmmm, not quite sure the purpose of this video. I will agree with others about your dedication and enthusiasm to make the game for those that like it better. It's too bad your enthusiasm was not invested in the ARMA II modding community. I will never like DR for sole reason that it's a console port and played with a game pad. Not only that, there are far too many flaws and the game would literally have to be torn down and re-built...literally. ARMA II and BIS's software is just a superior product for what it is trying to be. Almost ten years of BIS software on my hard drive....hmmmmm, says it all for me.

the purpose of the video is to show people who download Ultimate AI what the differences are in the different options they can enable.

as for the rest, each to there own, I havent even had the slightest itch to start up ARMA2 since I stopped playing it

as for the rest, each to there own, I havent even had the slightest itch to start up ARMA2 since I stopped playing it

ArmA 2 is not friendly on newbies and the impatient so it's understandable that a lot of arcade shooter fans will fall of without any success.

luckily I am neither of those, but I still dont like it

Of course i didn't mean you...

It's a pity though, I'd kinda like to see what uber game mode Lug and Temp could make if they got together to work on Arma 2.

... oh, as a side note.. Lug, add full AI support to Wargasm. My internet is slow as a mule for the next few days so I need some more AI to kill (and as a side note it gets slow at the end of every month due to the fact that I keep going over my 160gb download limit... curse you steam and your game specials)

We understand

Always will be a very small minority of people who will prefer a hyundai over a BMW for the same price just because they don't like the look of the BMW

Hats of for your constant work on DR Templar, you really improved the AI, I mean 48 Guys, 200 Meters distance, and the just can´t hit you in vanilla, thats....thats not sad anymore, thats ridiculous. I think I´ll test that out on Arma2 with ACE2+Zeus+GL4. I bet I won´t last a second^^

We understand

Always will be a very small minority of people who will prefer a hyundai over a BMW for the same price just because they don't like the look of the BMW

Oi what you saying!!... i drive a hyundai and i play arma2 :D

It's a pity though, I'd kinda like to see what uber game mode Lug and Temp could make if they got together to work on Arma 2.

... oh, as a side note.. Lug, add full AI support to Wargasm. My internet is slow as a mule for the next few days so I need some more AI to kill (and as a side note it gets slow at the end of every month due to the fact that I keep going over my 160gb download limit... curse you steam and your game specials)

What you need for wargasm? I have already Wargasm 2 in the works (in my head) I figured out a way of getting the AI to think a little better and move with the flow of battle, so they won't be so spread out, guarding the rear when the war is taking place near the front. Sorry... OT.... PM me what you're looking for.

Edited by [RIP] Luhgnut

Luhgnut;1557206']What you need for wargasm? I have already Wargasm 2 in the works (in my head) I figured out a way of getting the AI to think a little better and move with the flow of battle' date=' so they won't be so spread out, guarding the rear when the war is taking place near the front. Sorry... OT.... PM me what you're looking for.[/quote']

you could try calculating the mean position of both sides entire forces, then find the average position between those two points, and have both sides focus there attention in the direction of that point if they are within x distance of it (with some variation/randomness)

OR more realisticly you could have the unit check the direction in which all units within x distance are facing/defending, taking the direction with the most units facing as being the "front line" and the other as rear guard. then come up with a decent percentage of those in range units that should be defending in the other directions (say 5-10%) and choose a "rearword" direction if less that 5% are defending in that direction, otherwise choose the main direction (did that make sense!)

Edited by templargfx