Sign in to follow this  
Pathy

P:UKF Weapons Pack.

Me too, but the name change appears to have caused some problems for the Jackals & Land Rovers too...

If there's an update coming, might I suggest seperating out the configs for the L96 and the other weapons? The L96 could then be optional, and suggested to install only for people who want to use old missions that require it. Another suggestion is to not only remove it from the box but also disable it in the armoury, so it's completely invisible to the player unless a mission specifically requires it. You could also disable the duplicate guns (fgrip, cqb etc.) in the armoury, simply to make things neater.

Chaps, how do you use the bipod anim? Can't seem to make it work through ACE deploy weapon.

Cheers,

-Dave FPDR

a question out of curiosity. I have never fired the L85 or seen it shooting other than on tv and so on. But the recoil seems a bit much compared to m16/m4. So my question is if it has that more punch than those or if it just a the way you like it.

Its not a question about me not liking it im just curious :-)

Hi Dave,

Assuming you haven't mapped anything else there, 'H' should do it. No need for the facepalm :)

Also, possible bug - Can't use NVGs whilst using magnified optics (SUSAT or ACOG) - the EBS works fine with it. Is this deliberate? Might need to do an addon with a CWS otherwise. And no sod wants to carry it!

---------- Post added at 11:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 PM ----------

ps cheers attorney

Thats an OA feature, but we kinda like it. CWS is in the works. In the meantime, you can use ironsights + NVGs, or switch to the secondary sight on the ACOG.

CWS is in the works.

Hi mate,

What's CWS when it's at home?

@Dave - Try pressing L to activate the laser beam when you've got your NVG's on and battle sight deployed (default NUM/)

Edited by Das Attorney

Sweet, was wondering. I'm not looking forward to VCB games only allocating a realistic 2 CWS per section due to defense cuts/all the duracells being used for Ipods/portable DVD players!

I take it the Light feature's gone now replaced by the LAZOR?

Anyway to have visible laser like on the LLM01?

---------- Post added at 11:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 PM ----------

PS CWS is common weapon sight. It's night optics for the SA80.

Similar Civvie equivalent would be KITE night sight.http://www.beateye.com/frss/starlight.htm

It's a nightsight

Edit: Beaten to it

You can switch between the light and lazzzzzorrrr. Shift F I think?

a question out of curiosity. I have never fired the L85 or seen it shooting other than on tv and so on. But the recoil seems a bit much compared to m16/m4. So my question is if it has that more punch than those or if it just a the way you like it.

Its not a question about me not liking it im just curious :-)

I seem to remember setting up the SA80s to use the same cfgrecoils value as the ArmA 2 M4 (3of5 or something like that). The last version kicked a fair bit due to using 'M4recoil' from ArmA 1 that was still present in ArmA 2, but behaved differently due to the way ArmA 2 handled recoil.

OA may have adversely affected the amount of recoil since it has changed the way the game handles recoil AGAIN - I'll have to look through some of BIS' configs to see what's being used now.

Regarding night-vision: As my colleagues have said night-vision electro-optics are in the works.

There's already a weapon set up to use a 'CWS' in the pack but it uses the ACOG model because the sight model isn't finished yet. If you're clever you'll probably be able to figure out the classname to addweapon it and check out the optics.

WIP pics of the CWS model if you're interested:

cws1b.th.jpg

cws2.th.jpg

But the recoil seems a bit much compared to m16/m4.

This was one of my issues with previous versions, especially the ported weapons!

Latest version seems excellent! :)

Out of interest - is the L86 still deployed? If it is has it recieved the RIS treatment that the L85 got? Trying to find this sort of thing out as a civvie is bloody difficult - the MOD is tighter than the archetypal QM

The l86 is more or less obsolete. It was superceded in the support role by the LMG. They tried using it as a designated marksman weapon but now it's been superceded by the L129A1 in that role.

Jtec is hard at work on one. Maybe he'll post some renders if he gets time.

Out of interest - is the L86 still deployed? If it is has it recieved the RIS treatment that the L85 got? Trying to find this sort of thing out as a civvie is bloody difficult - the MOD is tighter than the archetypal QM

Despite the fact that the LSW is widely disliked, rarely used where it matters, and its intended roles are performed better by L110A2 and L129A1; DCC IPT are looking at giving the weapon a similar treatment to the IW with regards to upgrades.

If they do see the light of day I imagine it'll be part of FIST rather than a UOR like it was for the IW's upgrades - "Urgent", "Requirement" and "LSW" don't really belong in the same sentence.

They show off a prototype configuration at various industry shows that looks like this:

p6241466.jpg

Ugly bugger eh? At least you're supposed to be able to fit a bayonet on it this time.

The RIS platform looks similar to the L85 one but it isn't the same. The hand-guards on the LWS have always been attached in a different manner to those on the IW so they're not interchangeable.

Also note the sight rail adapter on top of the receiver. The IW is meant to get that too eventually.

Edited by da12thMonkey

wow that looks strange...

What role is it expected to fill these days? (with the L110A2 and L129A1 covering two bases).

Well they still serve as the automatic weapon for the Army Cadets , I know its obviously not a combat role but even if the goverment drop it from the army we'll still keep it :)

Must....resist......

No Chris! Don't do it! :)

Personally I've never liked the L86 so i wouldnt be sad to see it go, not had any experience with it but purely on an asthetic level it doesnt work for me...

No Chris! Don't do it! :)

Personally I've never liked the L86 so i wouldnt be sad to see it go, not had any experience with it but purely on an asthetic level it doesnt work for me...

I always hated the LSW. I always mashed my fingers on the bipod. Lighter than a GPMG though :D

Edited by RKSL-Rock