Sign in to follow this  
Pathy

P:UKF Weapons Pack.

Great weapon pack, really cool, thanks a lot.

It seems though that weapons don't have shadow: my riflemen's shadows have got empty hands :p

Is it possible to correct this (shouldn't be so difficult as long as I know making weapons with O2)?

FYI if anyone is using my muzzlevelocity-mod and wants realistic muzzlevelocities for these weapons:

If you think my values aren't correct you can of course always calculate your own with the above instructions :)

I think the L85A2 has a muzzle velocity of 940m/s and the L86A2 has 970m/s, as you said though it can be simple to change in the config.

EDIT: how big is the difference when the proper MVs are used in game?

Edited by STALKERGB

Not big at all within reasonable engagment distances when we go from say 930 to 940 or 970. It's when you go to the extra-short carbines that the difference starts to really show, ie. Ak74U(~730 m/s) insted of AK-74(~900 m/s).

Edited by Fincuan

Fincuan; I wasn't aware of your mod before but it sounds fantastic! I'll definitely be using it from now on.

Will things like the SA80 with UGL automatically inherit the new muzzle velocity of the ukf_l85a2_susat class after your mod alters it or do I need to add the UGL classname in the userconfig too?

I think the L85A2 has a muzzle velocity of 940m/s and the L86A2 has 970m/s, as you said though it can be simple to change in the config.

Aye, I was a bit surprised to see the SA80 had a lower muzzle velocity than the M16 in that config as the L85 has a longer barrel than an M16, and the L86 has a significantly longer one.

I've been told the L22 has a muzzle velocity of 780m/s but not seen a figure published by the MoD (the barrel's actually much shorter than the 442mm quoted on the web; I think it's about 320mm in reality).

Will things like the SA80 with UGL automatically inherit the new muzzle velocity of the ukf_l85a2_susat class after your mod alters it or do I need to add the UGL classname in the userconfig too?

It'll inherit it automatically, hopefully not affecting the GL-part(I had a funny scripting error in the modd first revision which sent 203s flying at the same velocity as rifle bullets: ZUP and off goes 203 to a few hundred meters away. That's fixed now though)

The config I posted should account for all UKF-wepons that need "fixing" to their proper muzzlevelocities(whichever those are lol). The L96 uses its own mag so it doesn't need to be touched at all, and I assume the GMPG is similar to M240s in terms of muzzlevelocity.

If anyone comes up with good values for the weps feel free to post them here, preferably with sources. I just took mine from Wiki and confirmed them with a few other sites, so they are by no means very comprehensive.

Edited by Fincuan

The best thing was when one of us hid a bush and aimed a real laser designator at him as CAS was coming in, so when the bomb landed on him we all piped up "F*CK SAKES, WE TOLD YOU NOT TO POINT IT AT THE FLOOR!" Poor sod.

Was that on the TG server recently? If it was I was the bomber. Ahaha.

i dunno if anyone is actually working on this mod, but i have a mesh for the P4f S+B PMII scope reticule (the one which should be on the AWM)

P4f.jpg

it would be great if we could get that added coz currently the l96 is virtually unusable (imo)... no mil scale == no ability to eyeball a lead.

i can get this into oxygen without any trouble if someone would be willing to actually add it?

if you fancy a project, youre welcome to use my AWSM mesh too, if you want to do a re-working

http://www.tv-consultants.com/OOPz/l115a3.php

its the 338 tho, not the 762, so that will probably require some fairly hard work.. i have not seen that bullet type in game yet, thus i suspect it would need making.

gimme a shout here, msg, (shout out your window, whatever) if you'd like to do this, i would VERY much like to get this rifle up to spec... coz i want to use it ;)

Edited by OOPz

The telescopic sight we have is on the L96 has the original No.2 reticle.

I think the army did switch over to a S&B mil-dot later, but we've never got around to reflecting the change in scopes. The model is ported all the way back from OFP, so is heavily out-dated. The L96 is supposed to be phasing out of use in the UK too with L115A3 becoming the primary sniper weapon and a semi-auto 7.62 marksman's rifle (either the HK417 or a Lewis Machine & Tool LM7) for shorter engagements. So making a new L96 isn't high on the list of priorities.

We'd be interested in doing an L115A3 though, which your AWSM represents quite well. I'll send you a PM later and discuss with the rest of the guys to see if we can come to an arrangement.

Edited by da12thMonkey
Hangover = shite spelling and grammar

ahh, i didnt realise the l96a1 was 'that' old.

just had a quick googling and, yeah, things have moved on eh

Yeah, the L96 was added into this release as not to break classname dependencies for anyone using the direct OFP ports. It's old & ugly, and outdated too. Your AWP, on the other hand....*drool*

Im making no promises, but i have stopped making range tables for the l96

Guest RKSL-Rock
i dunno if anyone is actually working on this mod, but i have a mesh for the P4f S+B PMII scope reticule (the one which should be on the AWM)

p><p>I do know for a fact some units were lucky enough to get upgraded Leupold sights with the classic Mil-Dot reticules as part of a limited midlife upgrade for the older L96 series rifles in

http://www.defenceimagedatabase.mod.uk/FotoWeb/FWbin/preview.dll/45147008.jpg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alt='45147008.jpg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

The L115A1 and A3 both have the standard Mildot scales too. And while they do still use the S&B scopes as standard. I beleive -talking to people who are still serving - that most of the S&B scopes are again being replaced in favour of the more powerful and flexible Leupold scopes. But it depends on the unit and who the armourers are. Maybe Da12th will know more about that, but an old friend currently serving with 3 Squadron RAF Regiment showed me pics of his A3 not long ago and it had the Leupold ERT series scope on it.

Edited by RKSL-Rock
typo

yeah, i made the mistake of not checking before i posted, just assumed from what i found out for the a3

more powerful?... 25x not enough eh, what are the new ones up to?

I'm going to have to vent;

Since these were released i've got endless flack for

1) the sounds

2) the susat

I just want to put something out there as a response. At the time I made these, I had access to the SA80 in real life, infact at the time I made these I was doing my WHTs and spending range time with an SA80. I will concede right now that I did not make the sounds perfect, nor the susat perfect. However, they are pretty decent attempts at recreating them as I saw/heard them. If I have 1 more 15 year old kid tell me "oh, your sounds are nothing like a real SA80 sounds", or "pfft, the susat is completely incorrect" I am going to bludgeon the nearest passing stranger to death.

That is all.

Thank you.

hmmm... You get NO flack from me mate, if you think that of me go look around the threads.... I just LOVE doing soundwork is all.

I love your work and as for people giving you shit about your authentic sounds, F**k them :) . Maybe they lack dynamics however.. I would be more than happy to edit your own sounds to maybe make them fit better in game ?

Whatever happens, no offense intended from me, I can promise you that.

Regards

Mark

Wasn't aimed at you fella. As I said, the sounds aren't perfect, i'm no sound engineer, and I don't mind imput or offers of help on the technical side of things. They could do with improvement, and i'd be happy for you to have a crack!

I'm going to have to vent;

Since these were released i've got endless flack for

1) the sounds

2) the susat

I just want to put something out there as a response. At the time I made these, I had access to the SA80 in real life, infact at the time I made these I was doing my WHTs and spending range time with an SA80. I will concede right now that I did not make the sounds perfect, nor the susat perfect. However, they are pretty decent attempts at recreating them as I saw/heard them. If I have 1 more 15 year old kid tell me "oh, your sounds are nothing like a real SA80 sounds", or "pfft, the susat is completely incorrect" I am going to bludgeon the nearest passing stranger to death.

That is all.

Thank you.

Please make sure the stranger isnt related to me Chris! I don't have an issue with the sounds like Mark XIII said, and i know exactly what you mean about the SUSAT, the reticle I have on my SA80s is similar to yours so i hate it when i read someone saying how off yours is when its not at all!

I am trying to use the LAW 80 but cannot get the darn thing to go into the secondary weapon slot. It only goes in as a magazine. In my loadout script I have this:

_rifle = "ukf_l85a2_susat";

_rifleGL = "ukf_l85a2AG36_susat";

// _rifleGL = "ukf_l85a2k_susat";

_medicrifle = "ukf_l85a2k_susat";

_medicmag = "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag";

_MG = "ukf_l86a2LSW_susat";

_riflemag = "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag";

_GLmag = "1Rnd_HE_M203";

_MGmag = "200Rnd_556x45_M249";

_grenade = "HandGrenade_West";

_at = "ukf_law80";

_atmag = "ukf_law80";

Is the class name for the Law-80 correct as I have them?

Theres no LAW80 in the pack. If you're using the old OFP weapons that were converted across, they have the LAW80, but this version doesn't. Reason being, 1) it's a very ugly green cylander and 2) It's being/been replaced by the ILAW (UK designation for the AT4, in the game under US designation M136), and afaik most of the LAW80 stocks were lobbed at buildings and bunkers in Iraq.

I recommend you use the M136 as it's what is being used in most cases.

Edited by Pathy

Updated the First post, but to be sure ;)

Weapons Pack, V1.1

Following on from our addon releases last month, Project: UK Forces are back with another series of exciting updates! This time around we have versions of the long-anticipated update to the UK Weapons pack for both ArmA 2 standalone, and Operation Arrowhead/ArmA 2: Combined Operations.

The major changes are the addition of rifles with the latest accessories for operations in Afghanistan including the new picatinny rail platform, and an ACOG scope provided by panda_pl and scubaman3D from the ACE mod. There are also some weapons fitted with a Surefire FA556-212 suppressor, as used by Special Forces Support Group. Other changes include improvements to the rvmats to utilise ArmA 2's DX9 "super-shaders" and detail maps, the weapons now also have shadow LODs and some of the lighting problems on the models have been fixed.

The pack contains a General Purpose Machine-Gun and nineteen SA80 variants; with numerous variations on the L86A2 Light Support Weapon, L85A2 Individual Weapon and L22A2 Carbine, including different sight configurations and blank-firing adaptors for training scenarios. The UKF weapons pack is a comprehensive collection of modern British small-arms, suitable for almost all players' needs.

Functionality wise, we have adapted the scripts from AAW's weapon pack with norrin's permission, to allow players to use the peep-sights on top of the SUSAT, and the Docter red-dot sight on the ACOG. We have also included handanim switching for the L123A2 UGL and bipod deployment for the LSW and GPMG; a feature you will have seen demonstrated on the L115A3 addon released a few weeks ago.

The Operation Arrowhead version utilises the new weapon features added in the expansion such as: Thermal imaging maps, native sight-switching support, IR laser pointers and visible light torches. In the OA version, BIS' native support for sight switching has allowed us to adapt sight-switching script from the ArmA 2 version to control the Laser/Light Module attachment, allowing players to use both features on one weapon.

ArmA 2 standalone users:

DOWNLOAD UKF_UKWEPS 1.1

Operation Arrowhead users:

DOWNLOAD UKF_UKWEPS_OA 1.0

Both addons require Extended Eventhandlers (XEH), part of Community Base Addon (CBA)

DOWNLOAD CBA+XEH

Speaking of the L115A3, we have made an update to fix the lack of a working bolt animation for the weapon. Follow the link for more info.

We have also created an update of UKF_Shared and UKF_Misc to fix a couple of file-allocation errors that were present in the previous release of the Land Rovers and Jackals.

DOWNLOAD UKF_SHARED 1.12

DOWNLOAD UKF_MISC 1.12

Jackal BIS forum thread

Landrover BIS forum thread

If you downloaded these addons previously, it is very important that you update UKF_Shared and UKF_Misc to V1.12

P:UKF would like to thank Steve from VOLCBAT and Sabre for the accompanying screenshots.

Click for Original Release.

UKF Weapons Pack. 1.0

http://volcbat.com/pictures/riflesfinal.jpg

Included:

UKF_UKWeps.pbo

UKF_UKWeps_cfg.pbo

UKF_L96a.pbo

These addons will give the following;

SA80 Series

L85A2 with Susat

L86A2 with Susat

L85A2 With AG36 and Susat

L22A2 Carbine with Susat.

Blank firing versions of the L85 and L86.

Other:

GPMG

GPMG with Blank Firing Attachment.

L96A1 in various forms.

For various reasons this addon is incomplete, and has been released in an 'as is' state. At this point in time, there will be no future updates and fixes after the initial release.

Compatibility with Operation Flashpoint Ports

There is some degree of compatibility between the two, and for the most part they should exchange 1 for 1 with few problems. The big issue is that there are no Ironsight weapons in this release, and so any missions made with the OFP ports that use the Ironsights will not function.

The L96a's are simply modified versions of the OFP ports, and are not new models or textures.

Known Bugs and issues:

A few of the L96a models still have the "hand glitch" problem. This doesn't affect them all, however, and so they're still worth including in the release. I believe the ones that work are the Camo variants.

GPMG isn't fully animated.

There are also a few model/lighting errors about that whilst 90% of people won't notice, still niggle me as the person who made them.

Credits:

Chris (Pathy) - SA80 Models, Textures, Sounds, Config & Animation.

Messiah - GPMG Model & Textures.

DK - RVMats and other general help.

Da12thMonkey - Making some fantastic hand animation

EULA:

By downloading this content you agree to the following End User License Agreement:

1) Ownership and Permissions.

1.1 The content of the download is sole intellectual property of P:UKF and it's creators.

1.2 You shall in no way modify, repackage or reserve engineer any of the content of the .pbo files included in this download, without first receiving prior permission from P:UKF.

1.3 You agree with this EULA that, should you modify said content without permission or otherwise breach this EULA, you are liable to prosecution in a UK Court of Law, under the Copyright Designs and Patents Act, 1988.

1.4 This content is provided for entertainment purposes. You may not use this addon for commercial, military or teaching/training purposes.

2) Distribution.

2.1 You may distribute the .pbo files within this download freely, so long as the .pbo files are unmodified (see 1.2), and the Readme File, including this EULA, is attached.

Mirrors:

VOLCBAT

RKSL

SWdepot

Enjoy

Edited by Pathy