Sign in to follow this  
Pathy

P:UKF Weapons Pack.

Still not getting any sonic snaps on my end, all i hear is the sound of the gun, btw i have tested playing as a civilian and standing at a distance in front of the gun, still no snaps... is it vopsound?

EDIT:

Never mind, I'm just a bit deaf.

Awesome weapons and the animations and sounds are awesome!

Pardon me for looking through the config... but the db value for the sa80s I think is too high, and thats why it's hard to notice the snap sound (as I did). so I put in something like 0.5 and it can be heard...

about the reload sound, I just commented the reloadSound value and it just inherit it from m4a1, voila... got reloading sound. same for ag36 reloading sound

it's just a config fix, I hope pathy can do something about it

and sorry for screwing with the config

No worries, i'll probably stick those fixes in myself at some point in the next few days.

Also, we seem to be crashing a lot, once you expend a magazine on a rifle then return to get another one, we just crash.

Seems to be a lot of bugs with the ammo boxes?

Not had the problem at all at our end, and we've been using them in ArmA2 missions for a couple of months now. Running any other mods that might conflict with em?

Edit: Heh, your modpack has SLX in it - theres your problem.

Edited by Pathy

Loving the UKF weapon pack. Good work and a shame there will not be any more mods.

Hey Pathy nice work mate! Loving using the weapons, you've done some fine work. Only issue i have noticed is that when used in some missions the enemy dont seem to target me and I can literally run around in front of any infantry/vehicle completely unmolested.

Are the muzzle velocities set @ 940m/s for l85a2 and 950m/s for L86a2?

If not what's the name for the guns so I can add them to the muzzle velocity mod.

Bearing in mind I'm new to playing around with scripting things.

Are the muzzle velocities set @ 940m/s for l85a2 and 950m/s for L86a2?

They both use the game's standard "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag" magazines to ensure that magazines can be exchanged between squad members with different rifles.

The unfortunate way that the game's ballistics are based entirely on the magazine loaded, rather than having an additional weapon-specific variable, means the muzzle velocity (initspeed) is 930 m/s: same as the M16/M4. So yes, you'll need a mod to get more realistic behaviour.

The weapon and magazine classnames are in the readme; right at the bottom.

Just a quickie that I put together for a mission and figured it may possibly reduce the "How do I get them into players hands at start of mission" questions by placing it here as well. All setups are per my personal desire and judgment and not bound by any factual information. Your mileage may vary as far as functionality goes.

Load-outs that can be specified in the players initialization string using the UKF weapons pack:

Squad Leader/Fireteam Leader:

removeallweapons this; this addmagazine "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"; this addmagazine "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"; this addmagazine "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"; this addmagazine "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"; this addmagazine "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"; this addmagazine "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"; this addmagazine "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"; this addmagazine "Laserbatteries"; this addmagazine "HandGrenade_West"; this addmagazine "HandGrenade_West"; this addmagazine "1Rnd_HE_M203"; this addmagazine "1Rnd_HE_M203"; this addmagazine "1Rnd_HE_M203"; this addmagazine "1Rnd_HE_M203"; this addmagazine "1Rnd_HE_M203"; this addmagazine "1Rnd_HE_M203"; this addmagazine "1Rnd_HE_M203"; this addmagazine "1Rnd_HE_M203"; this addmagazine "SmokeShellRed"; this addmagazine "SmokeShellGreen";this addweapon "ukf_L85A2AG36_susat"; this addweapon "Laserdesignator"; this addweapon "NVGoggles"; this addweapon "ItemGPS"

Rifleman:

removeallweapons this; this addmagazine "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"; this addmagazine "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"; this addmagazine "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"; this addmagazine "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"; this addmagazine "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"; this addmagazine "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"; this addmagazine "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"; this addmagazine "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"; this addmagazine "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"; this addmagazine "HandGrenade_West"; this addmagazine "HandGrenade_West"; this addmagazine "SmokeShell"; this addmagazine "15Rnd_9x19_M9"; this addmagazine "15Rnd_9x19_M9"; this addmagazine "15Rnd_9x19_M9"; this addmagazine "15Rnd_9x19_M9"; this addweapon "ukf_l85a2_susat"; this addweapon "M9"; this addweapon "Binocular"; this addweapon "NVGoggles"; this addweapon "ItemGPS"

Rifleman AT:

removeallweapons this; this addmagazine "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"; this addmagazine "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"; this addmagazine "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"; this addmagazine "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"; this addmagazine "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"; this addmagazine "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"; this addmagazine "SMAW_HEAA"; this addmagazine "SMAW_HEAA"; this addmagazine "HandGrenade_West"; this addmagazine "SmokeShell"; this addmagazine "15Rnd_9x19_M9"; this addmagazine "15Rnd_9x19_M9"; this addmagazine "15Rnd_9x19_M9"; this addmagazine "15Rnd_9x19_M9"; this addweapon "ukf_l85a2_susat"; this addweapon "SMAW"; this  addweapon "M9"; this addweapon "Binocular"; this addweapon "NVGoggles"; this addweapon "ItemGPS"

Grenadier:

removeallweapons this; this addmagazine "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"; this addmagazine "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"; this addmagazine "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"; this addmagazine "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"; this addmagazine "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"; this addmagazine "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"; this addmagazine "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"; this addmagazine "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"; this addmagazine "HandGrenade_West"; this addmagazine "HandGrenade_West"; this addmagazine "SmokeSHell"; this addmagazine "SmokeShell"; this addmagazine "1Rnd_HE_M203"; this addmagazine "1Rnd_HE_M203"; this addmagazine "1Rnd_HE_M203"; this addmagazine "1Rnd_HE_M203"; this addmagazine "1Rnd_HE_M203"; this addmagazine "1Rnd_HE_M203"; this addmagazine "1Rnd_HE_M203"; this addmagazine "1Rnd_HE_M203"; this addweapon "ukf_L85A2AG36_susat"; this addweapon "Binocular"; this addweapon "NVGoggles"; this addweapon "ItemGPS"

Grenadier/AT - Alternative: (NOTE: Only to be used with *Caa1* THANKS Kju!)

removeallweapons this; this addmagazine "6Rnd_HE_6G30"; this addmagazine "6Rnd_HE_6G30"; this addmagazine "6Rnd_HE_6G30"; this addmagazine "6Rnd_HE_6G30"; this addmagazine "6Rnd_HE_6G30"; this addmagazine "6Rnd_HE_6G30"; this addmagazine "6Rnd_HE_6G30"; this addmagazine "6Rnd_HE_6G30"; this addmagazine "SMAW_HEAA"; this addmagazine "SMAW_HEAA"; this addmagazine "SMAW_HEAA"; this addmagazine "SMAW_HEAA"; this addmagazine "SmokeSHell"; this addmagazine "SmokeShell"; this addmagazine "SmokeSHell"; this addmagazine "SmokeShell"; this addweapon "6G30"; this addweapon "SMAW"; this addweapon "Binocular"; this addweapon "NVGoggles"; this addweapon "ItemGPS"

Designated Marksman:

removeallweapons this; this addmagazine "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"; this addmagazine "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"; this addmagazine "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"; this addmagazine "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"; this addmagazine "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"; this addmagazine "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"; this addmagazine "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"; this addmagazine "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"; this addmagazine "Laserbatteries"; this addmagazine "SmokeShell"; this addmagazine "HandGrenade_West"; this addmagazine "HandGrenade_West"; this addmagazine "15Rnd_9x19_M9"; this addmagazine "15Rnd_9x19_M9"; this addmagazine "15Rnd_9x19_M9"; this addmagazine "15Rnd_9x19_M9"; this addweapon "ukf_l86a2LSW_susat"; this addweapon "M9"; this addweapon "Laserdesignator"; this addweapon "NVGoggles"; this addweapon "ItemGPS"

Medic:

removeallweapons this; this addmagazine "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"; this addmagazine "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"; this addmagazine "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"; this addmagazine "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"; this addmagazine "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"; this addmagazine "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"; this addmagazine "SmokeShell"; this addmagazine "SmokeShell"; this addmagazine "15Rnd_9x19_M9"; this addmagazine "15Rnd_9x19_M9"; this addmagazine "15Rnd_9x19_M9"; this addmagazine "15Rnd_9x19_M9"; this addweapon "ukf_l85a2_susat"; this addweapon "M9"; this addweapon "Binocular"; this addweapon "NVGoggles"; this addweapon "ItemGPS"

Automatic Rifleman: (NOTE: Do not remove anything)

this addmagazine "SmokeSHell"; this addmagazine "SmokeShell"; this addmagazine "HandGrenade_West"; this addmagazine "HandGrenade_West"; this addmagazine "15Rnd_9x19_M9"; this addweapon "ItemGPS"

Heavy Gunner: (NOTE: UKF GPMG)

removeallweapons this; this addmagazine "100Rnd_762x51_m240"; this addmagazine "100Rnd_762x51_m240"; this addmagazine "100Rnd_762x51_m240"; this addmagazine "100Rnd_762x51_m240"; this addmagazine "HandGrenade_West"; this addmagazine "HandGrenade_West"; this addmagazine "SmokeSHell"; this addmagazine "SmokeShell"; this addmagazine "15Rnd_9x19_M9"; this addmagazine "15Rnd_9x19_M9"; this addmagazine "15Rnd_9x19_M9"; this addmagazine "15Rnd_9x19_M9"; this addweapon "ukf_gpmg"; this addweapon "M9"; this addweapon "Binocular"; this addweapon "NVGoggles"; this addweapon "ItemGPS"

Heavy Gunner: (NOTE: ArmA 2 Mk 48 Mod 0)

removeallweapons this; this addmagazine "100Rnd_762x51_m240"; this addmagazine "100Rnd_762x51_m240"; this addmagazine "100Rnd_762x51_m240"; this addmagazine "100Rnd_762x51_m240"; this addmagazine "HandGrenade_West"; this addmagazine "HandGrenade_West"; this addmagazine "SmokeSHell"; this addmagazine "SmokeShell"; this addmagazine "15Rnd_9x19_M9"; this addmagazine "15Rnd_9x19_M9"; this addmagazine "15Rnd_9x19_M9"; this addmagazine "15Rnd_9x19_M9" this addweapon "Mk_48"; this addweapon "M9"; this addweapon "Binocular"; this addweapon "NVGoggles"; this addweapon "ItemGPS"

Crewman:

removeallweapons this; this addmagazine "20Rnd_556x45_Stanag"; this addmagazine "20Rnd_556x45_Stanag"; this addmagazine "20Rnd_556x45_Stanag"; this addmagazine "20Rnd_556x45_Stanag"; this addmagazine "20Rnd_556x45_Stanag"; this addmagazine "20Rnd_556x45_Stanag"; this addmagazine "20Rnd_556x45_Stanag"; this addmagazine "20Rnd_556x45_Stanag"; this addmagazine "20Rnd_556x45_Stanag"; this addmagazine "20Rnd_556x45_Stanag"; this addmagazine "HandGrenade_West"; this addmagazine "SmokeShell"; this addmagazine "15Rnd_9x19_M9"; this addmagazine "15Rnd_9x19_M9"; this addmagazine "15Rnd_9x19_M9"; this addmagazine "15Rnd_9x19_M9"; this addweapon "ukf_L85A2K_susat"; this addweapon "M9"; this addweapon "Binocular"; this addweapon "NVGoggles"; this addweapon "ItemGPS"

Feel free to tinker with it all you like. As I stated earlier none of the load-outs are configured with any specific basis in fact and are all simply speculation and personal interest from my point of view. I simply offer this up in case anyone wanted a quick way to get their player units up and running. And to UKF developers, Thanks for everything. Your considerable efforts continue to be much appreciated here in my camp.

@Palehorse

You might want to use the ForEach command to save you typing out this addmagazine "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"; 6 times, or you may not - up to you mate, really :-) And I like LOTS of grenades...

removeAllWeapons this; {this addMagazine "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"} forEach [1,2,3,4,5,6]; this addWeapon "ukf_l85a2_susat"; {this addMagazine "HandGrenade_West"} forEach [1,2,3,4,5,6]; this addWeapon "Binocular";

That's my usual loadout - love playing with these UK weapons.

yellow things=BFA (blank firing attachments)

ingame, do nothing. just a model

I think you will find the BFA weapons wont actually damage anything, or make targets go down, they simulate blanks rather well.

They can on occasion cause injury and even death if abused, so not quite toys. ;)

what do these things do?

Makes your weapon more powerful ;)

^

We told one of the guys in VCB that once when he asked. He made noises of understanding then happily selected an LSW with Blank Firing Attachment for the mission. Cue 40 odd minutes later him commenting "Man, i'm a crap shot tonight, haven't hit a thing all night!", and us all sniggering in the background :p Needless to say, once he realised he'd been running around shooting blanks at enemy for 40 minutes he felt abit of a tit. :D

Yeah, the BFAs just simulate blank rounds. I guess the "on occasion injury and death" simulates your mucker putting it next to your head and giving you a nice warm blast of muzzle gas.

Makes your weapon more powerful ;)

^

We told one of the guys in VCB that once when he asked. He made noises of understanding then happily selected an LSW with Blank Firing Attachment for the mission. Cue 40 odd minutes later him commenting "Man, i'm a crap shot tonight, haven't hit a thing all night!", and us all sniggering in the background :p Needless to say, once he realised he'd been running around shooting blanks at enemy for 40 minutes he felt abit of a tit. :D

Yeah, the BFAs just simulate blank rounds. I guess the "on occasion injury and death" simulates your mucker putting it next to your head and giving you a nice warm blast of muzzle gas.

If your directly infront it will cause injury to your face (if pointed at it) small pices of gunpowder chunk up and fly out. At a 90 degree angle theres a smaller chance and at under 90 degree your home free.. but normaly safety is 3 meters to the side and 10 meters to the front.. but moste units uses half that..

Haha, Pathy we did the same thing back in ArmA1, told a new guy it stood for BattleField Aquisition SA80. So there he is running about taking great care not to point it at any friendlies in case the CAS think he's marking a target! :D Might even have been Dr Chris who told him, was a while ago.

And on the current BFAs, I kitted out a BIS M240 nest with 100 round blank ammo for our training map: was eventually killed after taking too many to the face while messing around. Not the cleverest thing to do anyway, so no dramas.

Daniel;1470242']Haha' date=' Pathy we did the same thing back in ArmA1, told a new guy it stood for BattleField Aquisition SA80. So there he is running about taking great care not to point it at any friendlies in case the CAS think he's marking a target! :D Might even have been Dr Chris who told him, was a while ago.[/quote']

The best thing was when one of us hid a bush and aimed a real laser designator at him as CAS was coming in, so when the bomb landed on him we all piped up "F*CK SAKES, WE TOLD YOU NOT TO POINT IT AT THE FLOOR!" Poor sod.

The models and recoil are great but the sound does not loose volume over distance and theirs no reload sounds.

FYI if anyone is using my muzzlevelocity-mod and wants realistic muzzlevelocities for these weapons:

Copy-paste this to your Arma2\userconfig\fnc_muzzlevelocity\fnc_muzzlevelocity_weapons.hpp

//Add non-stock weapons here. These entries will be included in config.cpp
//
//Caliber	Baseweapon	Muzzlevelocity(m/s)
//US Weapons
//5.56x45	M16A2		930
//7.62x51	M240		900
//Russian Weapons
//5.45x39	AK74		900
//7.62x39	AKM		710
//7.62x54	PKM		850
//
//Formula:
//(muzzlevelocity of my weapon)/(muzzle velocity of "baseweapon" for the calibre) = muzzleVelocityFactor
//
//Example:
//You know your weapon's muzzlevelocity is 880 m/s and it uses 5.56x45 Stanags.
//Looking for the table above we see that the baseweapon for this calibre is the M16 with a muzzlevelocity of 930 m/s.
//Thus: 880/930 =~ 0.946
//
//In the config it should looks like this:
/*
class MyWeapon: M16A2
{
muzzleVelocityFactor = 0.946;  
};
*/

class ukf_L85A2_susat: M4A1
{
muzzleVelocityFactor = 0.968; //900 m/s
};
class ukf_L85A2k_susat : ukf_L85A2_susat
{
muzzleVelocityFactor = 0.941;//875 m/s, an estimate as I found no proper sources for this
};
class ukf_L86A2LSW_susat: ukf_L85A2_susat
{
muzzleVelocityFactor = 1.012; //940 m/s
};

If you think my values aren't correct you can of course always calculate your own with the above instructions :)

Hey P:UKF we love the rifles but the SUSAT sights were not to our taste so one of our guys looked to see if we could sort it out and this is what we came up with.

SA80