Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Studios - WIP Discussion

Anything new? Or has your female engineer been eating up your time? :p

I'm having withdrawals. lol

Also, are you thinking about updating DRS to use user inputs like in Franze's Apache?

Anything new? Or has your female engineer been eating up your time? :p

Ali is back in Bristol now. So i wont get to see her for a few weeks now. :mad:

As to something new.... Yes, thanks. I've got something nice i'm working on right now. :cool:

Also, are you thinking about updating DRS to use user inputs like in Franze's Apache?

I had improved the DRS a while ago. But i hadnt thought to script the control inputs like he's done. Its a rather nice cosmetic touch. Personally I'm not sure looking at the vid that the script's overhead is worth it. But I'm looking forward to playing with their Apache to find out for myself. Although I doubt I'll script DRS2 like they have.

DRS2 is still being developed. I've applied it to the v2.0+ RKSL Lynx, Puma and Merlins. Its a bit model intensive. Its much the same DRS1 but it now it should also reliably affect handling. (if only slightly right now. I'm trying to find a way to make it more reliable and noticable)

Its an off shoot of the "I'm an idiot flight model" stuff we tried to do for the Merlin HC3 release. The method we used then didnt work reliably at full speed or on low spec PC's. I'm hoping the new method I'm using will work consistenly but I've not had time to pushit out to the testers yet.

Edited by RKSL-Rock

Awesome news! How will DRS effect handling?

Awesome news! How will DRS effect handling?

Mainly under load - of various types - roll,pitch and yaw rates change. Slowing or speeding up. In the tests ive done so far it sort of simulates the reduced control you get with high g turns and airfoils operating near their limits.

It may not be 100% realisitic. But overall it just makes it a less arcade feel to it.

Sweet, can't wait to try it out. :D

OK I'm horribly pissed off and bored with work so lets have a bit of fun.

Correctly guess the addon and I'll post some never before seen pics of a new addon.

guessthecockpit001.jpg

Some people here already know what it is... so if you are already in on the secret keep quiet.

Oh darn I was going to say J14.

Are larger digital displays cheaper than three smaller ones?

Edited by NodUnit

DKRaver wins... :p That was fast!

OK, Chengdu J-20. I've made some assumptions based on what little is known about it. So the bays are inspired by the F-22, which seems logical given other similarities and rumours of FB-22 espionage etc.

I'm still not 100% about its actual role in the PLAF ie Fighter, Interceptor etc. But having actually built it now and scaled from the estimates in the press and various weapons etc I'm leaning towards the Air Superiority/Stealthy Long Range AWACs killer role touted by some. I don't think its a "Stealthy F111" type, the internal bays really aren't big enough in my opinion. You can see that from the last pic with the AMRAAMs and AIM9s. But I could be wrong. It wouldn't be the first time. :)

PR_J20_001.jpg

PR_J20_002.jpg

PR_J20_003.jpg

Edited by RKSL-Rock

PR_J20_004.jpg

PR_J20_005.jpg

PR_J20_006.jpg

NOTE: I'm using western weapons right now because i haven't made the Chinese equivalents yet.

Edited by RKSL-Rock

Wasnt that hard. Had to be a new plane with that big screen. So it had to be the f-22, f-35, pak fa or the j20 so with a fast google the answer was there. But i wasnt quite sure because apparently there are different versions of the cockpit.

http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee393/houshanghai/900x600_6LMIBK634CA50001.jpg

Edited by dkraver

O NO! It's the chinese origami stealth fighter! Who needs radar deflection when you make it out of paper.

Is it going to be launched via a giant hand? What's the range? Most importantly, how many folds did it take it make?

Sweet JESUS! :D Great work Rock!

@Rex

Lol

NOTE: I'm using western weapons right now because i haven't made the Chinese equivalents yet.

Well, doing chinese weapons isn't that hard, just retexture western weapons as mostly is copied from there. ;)

Myke;1905698']Well' date=' doing chinese weapons isn't that hard, just retexture western weapons as mostly is copied from there. ;)[/quote']

lol tru story.

Wasnt that hard. Had to be a new plane with that big screen. So it had to be the f-22, f-35, pak fa or the j20 so with a fast google the answer was there. But i wasnt quite sure because apparently there are different versions of the cockpit.

http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee393/houshanghai/900x600_6LMIBK634CA50001.jpg

I had thought it would be harder since there are 3-4 version of the cockpit floating around. Live and learn.

PS you're banned from the next game :D

O NO! It's the chinese origami stealth fighter! Who needs radar deflection when you make it out of paper.

Is it going to be launched via a giant hand? What's the range? Most importantly, how many folds did it take it make?

My hands are bleeding... sooo many papercuts. There is an entire ream of 80gsm copier paper gone into this.

NEXT game...

This is much harder since you don't normally see it from this angle...

guesswhatiam002.jpg

It is a real aircraft. And it is one version of a model intended for the upcoming Ilhas Africanos project we have planned. I'll only accept the specific version and proper designation.

Thats all your getting. :eek:

Edited by RKSL-Rock

PS you're banned from the next game :D

Dammit and i have an idea

What part of the aircraft is that?

What part of the aircraft is that?

Aw c'mon. ;)

...Thats all your getting. :eek:

Ok, I think it's the top view of a helicopter's engine exhaust. (Hence not normally seeing it from this angle.) However, the blade is really narrow if that's the case; so I have my doubts.