Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Island Panthera for ArmA 2

Can someone help me..

I am frustrated. I cant get any addon to work on the dedi.

all im trying to do at this point is get panthera working using this island as the sole addon. http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=7467

Then adding this mission Dominai. http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8530

The server shows up with a red dot when its launched. and the message I get when I try to join it says, im missing a bunch of keys.

has anyone had this problem?

Can someone tell me.. Does the addon for the dedi get installed the same way as the client. +plus adding the key to the keys folder?

Errors in RPT file:

Link to 93e4e964 (Obj-157,159:356) not released

ca\misc\heli_h_civil.p3d: vehicle, config class missing

ibr\ibr_plants\cihlovej_dum_mini.p3d: house, config class missing

Old style material 201 used in ReportStack not available

ibr\ibr_plants\cihlovej_dum_mini.p3d: house, config class missing

ibr\ibr_plants\ryb_domek.p3d: house, config class missing

ibr\ibr_plants\jezekbeton.p3d: house, config class missing

ibr\ibr_plants\strazni_vez.p3d: house, config class missing

ca\buildings\tents\camo_box.p3d: house, config class missing

ibr\ibr_plants\jezekbeton.p3d: house, config class missing

ibr\ibr_plants\strazni_vez.p3d: house, config class missing

Old style material 201 used in ReportStack not available

{GSF} Ironman: these errors were fixed in Isla Duala release (new ibr_plants.pbo that works with Panthera). I'll release new Panthera with brand new satimage soon.

i have to say IceBreakr this is a class map!!!!.

After downloading and trying a lot of maps for ArmA2, IMHO ( if its worth anything at all ) id give it the highest rating of all of them Dont get me wrong there are some very nice maps/islands out there and it may be a little unfair to pick out one above the rest.

This island seems to have potentially a LOT going for it. Lots of sprawling mountainous terrain, believable ( if not treacherous ) road system, potential for lots of CQB and maybe some epic tank battles with lots of area denial opportunities and tactical planning, not to mention its a snipers wet dream.

The only thing i could see a problem with this map is advanced assets such as planes and attack helos. Seems that they could be very overpowering on this map, something for mission makers to take in hand i suppose.

Great work!, suppose it can only get better.... more people should try this map and have some more servers running it.

5/5* from me.

download Duala if u like panthera, icebreakr always does nice maps :)

download Duala if u like panthera, icebreakr always does nice maps :)

Yah i tried it.... Its good and all and would probably play out in warfare etc quite well, but its not as convincing IMHO as panthera.Not wanting to sound like a douche but duala feels like an empty map with random statics... panthera actually feels like a real place.

panthera actually feels like a real place.

That's cause it IS based on a real place!...

Duala is great, but it IS a "fantasy island"... real natural terrain is surprisingly hard to imitate!... I have to admit Panthera is still my favourite at the moment...

B

That's cause it IS based on a real place!...

Duala is great, but it IS a "fantasy island"... real natural terrain is surprisingly hard to imitate!... I have to admit Panthera is still my favourite at the moment...

B

No doubt. I love this island. Does ALICE/SILVIE work yet? I can't seem to find anything about it here.

No doubt. I love this island. Does ALICE/SILVIE work yet? I can't seem to find anything about it here.

I haven't tried yet on Panthera, but this worked for me on Duala (ALICE, SILVIE, JTD ACTON, animals).

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1491464&postcount=491

I'll try it later too.

EDIT - I tried it and had a little success. I did get a fewempty vehicles, a few animals, a couple JTD civs in vehicles, but no civs at front doors (as was said above, no closed doors)... still messing around though.

Also, this was my first venture into this island, and I'm blown away. Very nice!

Edited by Mosh
edit

In order for Alice/Silvie to work "out of the box" I would need to replace couple of open buildings with that "civilian safehouses" that BIS made for Chernarus. And of course tweak config to Duala settings, set up all areas... damn, a lot of work :)

I'm also making a new textures, even tried adding snow to the mountains but I don't like it too much yet... does anyone know how to make vehicle/people immerse into the ground just a bit? :) that would be perfect for snow.

In order for Alice/Silvie to work "out of the box" I would need to replace couple of open buildings with that "civilian safehouses" that BIS made for Chernarus. And of course tweak config to Duala settings, set up all areas... damn, a lot of work :)

I'm also making a new textures, even tried adding snow to the mountains but I don't like it too much yet... does anyone know how to make vehicle/people immerse into the ground just a bit? :) that would be perfect for snow.

Can you keep a version without changing any buildings? I've got over ten missions from various campaings that would get screwed if buildings were changed. :eek:

Sick1: sure, no big changes.

BTW: Google car arrived to Ratece (RL Panthera hehe), you can see it here and head to Tarvisio ;)

I'm still working on the new texture... sorry it takes so long, I'm busy with AVP and Mass Effect 1/2 ;)

Edited by IceBreakr

Hey I've been using 2.31 since it came out and now all of a sudden, I load it up in the editor and Pathera has absolutely no roads. :S

What the hell happened? Does this conflict with any other maps like Japhanto did with Sahrani?

Please respond! :confused:

Reloading the map? Yes, I noticed it happened a few weeks ago, then I didn't think about it, but I loaded it up last night for a coop mission and it had no roads.

And yes I assume ibr_rn.pbo is present. I could check...

Enad, I've tried it and it works perfectly. It must be one of the addons you're running, for example CAA1 maybe?

1. Try disabling one by one, check -mod parameter and \addons folder

2. Try redownloading Panthera 2.31 from Armaholic (tried it just now, works ok) and put ibr_plants.pbo from latest Duala. You can grab them all from my website (sig below).

Hmmm, I dont know what it could be...I've been running it fine with CAA1 for the longest time. :confused:

I havent downloaded anything major recently that I think would of affected Panthera, I will try re-downloading it and using the ibr_plants.pbo from Duala(I'm pretty sure that's the one I'm using though :/)

I'm releasing a new version of Panthera tommorow.

v2.4

- major optimizations and increased framerates (trees)

- improved satellite image and ground textures

- fixed entrance to factory (zombie request)

- upgraded ibr_plants (Isla Duala version)

- couple of minor road and height fixes

Edited by IceBreakr

Hey Icebrekr !!!

I'm from Italy, Venice..

I've been in Tarvisio for skiing a couple of time and been to Bled last year for a 3 days soccer league !!!

It's really a wondefull place !!!

Ciao mortyfero99!

I'm sure you will like the new upgrade coming today ;)

I found a serious bug with tree optimization. I'll test the map with my team and probably have this v2.4 as a temporary version until the tree bug is fixed. It seems a very clever app called Visitor3 destroyed all headings/size parameters for around 25,000 trees.