Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Island Panthera for ArmA 2

Sea colour IS settable in an island config, sounds like it may be overriding the default seacolor class or something - would need a wee config tweak or patch to fix, or as Kju suggested, an optional addon. No big deal... I'm sure IceBreakr will sort it sooner or later... He's currently doing impressive things with satellite textures on his new Isla Duala - my guess is, sooner or later, he'll get around to applying that new expertise to Panthera, and maybe iron out any final reported quirks like this at the same time...

B

Edited by Bushlurker

I've read all the pages for this post and wish to up load them to the server. Which files do I put where, do I put all of them into the mpmissions or Addons folder on the server or do I just up load the panthera2.pbo to the mpmissions folder.

Hi guys...

Just a quick post to say that, after some behind the scenes consultation with IceBreakr, I've ported a basic version of Domination 1.17 for Panthera as part of my little campaign to encourage more people to use some of the awesome islands that are being released..

I'll probably do ports for another excellent island or two, but Panthera was first (of course)...

Just have to finish off a little last minute flag-adjustment and I'll be posting in the "User Missions" section so Admins, ready your servers! :)

B

Took a spin to Triglar and Lack Bled in a helo and even went into the lake for a dip, LOVE IT! :) loads and run quick as well (perhaps because of size). Can't wait to play the SEALS campaign on it.

Panthera gives me an error (something about CAA port needs roads.pbo or something). It plays fine but I can't stand errors, they piss me off.

what's up wit dat?

Did you put all .pbos in? Like ibr_plants.pbo and ibr_rn.pbo? My island doesn't use CAA1.

Î¥es I did... I don't think there is a problem with your island because it plays fine and nothing is really missing. I get this error when I start the game and the checkboxes are being checked.

If I disable Panthera I get no error. Maybe something in your mod doesn't agree with CAA?

Master gamawa are you sure to have (only) the latest version of Panthera?

Also a few other ported community made worlds added their object ports

rather than using caa1 objects as a base.

SaS TrooP: nope, I'm still looking for instructions on how to do that. But I doubt it will work with just markers, closed buildings with "fake doors" are needed too and Panthera doesn't feature those.

Spawning of empty vehicles works (with a bit of scripting).

Hmm, can you give me instructions how to spawn vehicles empty, cause you said it required some improvements.

Actually, whole island is great. Lack of closed buildings is amazing idea IMHO and Civilian Module is in fact not so important for me :)

Anyway vehicle script if its available would be great.

Ok here it goes:

1. Open up editor

2. Put down Ambient Civilian Vehicles modules with F7 key and enter this in init field:

this setvariable ["townlist",[mestoA,mestoB,mestoC]];

3. Put down Game Logic, Locations, City with name "mestoA". Do the same for two more: "mestoB" and "mestoC".

4. Test it out, it should work ;)

SaS TrooP: nope, I'm still looking for instructions on how to do that. But I doubt it will work with just markers, closed buildings with "fake doors" are needed too and Panthera doesn't feature those.

Please do let us know if you find a suitable way to manage this, as I have a few missions on Panthera awaiting civilians :p

SaS TrooP: here's a sample mission. Unpack it into your Documents Arma2/Missions and open it up in single player Editor. Or in MPMissions and open it up in multiplayer/host/edit.

Oups, it seems I didnt read carefully your last post.

I mean what to do to spawn random civilians, not their cars. And if its possible due to open houses.

My bad about cars.

Hello!

I tryed your island and I was really impressed, but when I uploaded it to a dedicated linux server the missions created for this island didn't load at all. After looking into the pbo-s it seems to be that the problem caused by the directories and files starting with uppercase. Unfortunatelly I was not able to correctly compress the files with lower cases into new pbo-s, so I can not confirm, that it was the real problem. Did anyone else experience the same?

Here is an example of the errors produced by the server:

"Mission Domination Panthera - West AI v117 read from bank.

109/11/17, 20:27:16 Missing addons detected:

109/11/17, 20:27:16 ibr_panthera2

109/11/17, 20:27:16 Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.ibr_panthera2"

Although the mod loaded more or less correctly as I was able to select this mission, but when I tryed to load it the previous error messages was prompted. This looks like a problem with file access.

Under Win7 the same files worked properly.

We're playing on linux and win dedicated without a problem.

Please do let us know if you find a suitable way to manage this, as I have a few missions on Panthera awaiting civilians :p

Use 'Merge'.

Make it in one "empty" mission, save it. Then you open up your old missions and use the 'merge' button and choose that mission you just made with the markers. Save.

I have a few templates I use this way. I make it in SP editor, bases and other stuff. When DAC is released I will have a few basic DAC scenarios ready. Then when a mission is made I use merge to add that extra that goes in most of my missions.

Epic Landscapes! looks a bit like Scotland except warmer and it isn't raining :) Now I see where Panthera's coming from!... People look at the hills and say - "too dramatic - you must've made that up"...Good ol' RealWorld Data, huh? - it's hard to beat...

It might look good in a nice new hi-res L3DT outfit! And if you managed to drop in one or two suitable looking ALICE-compatible houses here and there..... ??? ;)

B

Edited by Bushlurker

(ARMA 2) This is an awesome map :) there is only 2 problems i can see so far and they are: the FOB boriana airport ILS is wrong and the AI planes take off perpendicular to the runway into the trees which does not work and causes an explosion and the loss of a jet. The other problem is the AI randomly turning into a hill or off a mountainous road and trying to drive up(or down) it whilst going from one place to another.

but as i said it is still an awesome map and i think with these bugs fixed it can be a hell of a lot better

Edited by bigcheese

bigcheese & co:

- I'll add ILS to all airports (Lesce, Boriana & Smugglers) so AI can function properly

- I'll update the satellite texture to feature much better gfx

- updated ibr_plants (no more rpt errors and added ruins)

Here is a planning map that might come handy for mission makers.

I found a small flaw in your map while i was walking around on the empty island with Enya on the background.

It was a beautiful valley with a nice little lake between the mountains, got me wanting to hike around the world immediately:P

But while i was walking on the road next to the lake, i saw that the water flows onto the road every now and then on coordinates 057 064.

Not a big deal, it just struck me a bit odd. Just thought i'd mention it :)