Sign in to follow this  
SASrecon

Patch 1.05 suggestions

no, but you can see them clear as day thru a scope (when you fire it or are directly behind the firer)

and a few particles arnt going to make a whole lot of difference, they would only last about 2..3 frames, i run an ancient PoS computer and i can crank the smoke effects right up to 500% with no trouble, thats hundreds/thousands of extra particles

it would be good if weapons would remember the fire mode they were left in, switch to auto, get in a car and back out again, pish, gun is back in semi mode!?

Usually soldiers switch their weapon into the safe mode when in vehicles, so it's logical to have the firing mode "reset" when you disembark.

Usually soldiers switch their weapon into the safe mode when in vehicles, so it's logical to have the firing mode "reset" when you disembark.

It would be logical if the game had a safe mode in weapons and if you could change firing mode in vehicles. Even then why would you set the weapon from safe mode to single fire when you had it on full auto before?

one feature i loved in ofp that doesn't work in arma is moving while in the map screen. If i had a lot of area to cover and had to run through bushes trees and all kinds of other stuff that would slow down fps i would change to the map screen and speed up the game but in arma your character stops and cannot move when in map screen

Maybe, but from gamer's perspective it's just annoying. Especially if you are using AK class weapons that for some reason use full auto as default.

k, valid point, but... they reset at the drop of a hat, do as little as switch weapon and they reset.... hell, even pulling the binoculars causes them to reset :/

moving while in the map screen

that works here, the guy will 'take a knee' while he gets the map out (thus will stop briefly), but i can still run around after that pause.

are you using some control other than keyboard for movement?

1. Weapon lowers itself sometimes when kneeling down. Please fix this.

2. Fix animation transition...we should not have to stop to get from sprinting to jogging.

Any idea when we can expect 1.05 then? I didnt want to create a new thread about it as I know how funny people can get on here, but we have kinda been waiting a while now & I know theres been a lot of beta patches & updates floating around, so any clues? :)

Any idea when we can expect 1.05 then? I didnt want to create a new thread about it as I know how funny people can get on here, but we have kinda been waiting a while now & I know theres been a lot of beta patches & updates floating around, so any clues? :)

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

(current patch candidate)

[60588] Fixed: MP client could not use laser designator in vehicles.

[60525] Fixed: Changing window size is no longer possible inside of video options screen.

[60522] Improved: Longer view distance for objects when high view distance is used.

[60457] New: FreeTrack support using FreeTrackClient.dll

[60323] Changed: Formation direction now adjusts to human leader body direction, not a movement direction.

[60260] Fixed: AI soldiers moving in Safe/Aware could sometimes be stuck near a bush or other objects.

[60234] New: Scripting function enableAIFeature to disable new AI features when old behaviour is required.

[60220] Improved: AI covering units tend to stay close to each other.

[60155] Fixed: MultiPlayer client crash caused by certain custom sound

[60129] Fixed: AI subordinates now move faster (use less cover) to catch up when leader is way ahead of them.

[60102] Fixed: AI subordinates should now respect formation more when moving in combat.

[60101] Fixed: Group leader was often running far ahead alone in combat.

[60092] Fixed: AI leader did not wait for a player to cover him when moving in combat.

[60090] Fixed: Improved vehicles and motorcycles driving.

[60068] New: Alt-Enter can be used to switch window/fullscreen while paused.

[60015] New: Execute action with LMB can be unmapped.

[60013] Fixed: Possible freeze under Vista/Win7 when Alt-Tabing out of the game during progress screen.

[59999] Fixed: Player is no more target when commanding in external view.

[59988] New: Windowed/Fullscreen can now be switched ingame (in Video options).

[59924] Fixed: More 32b overflows caused by 8 GB RAM + large VRAM.

[59906] Fixed: Most vehicle gunners did not provide suppressive fire.

[59899] Fixed: AI did not use suppressive fire against enemies seen while holding fire.

[59898] Fixed: Spatial explosions sounds

[59884] Fixed: Suppress in the commanding menu did nothing.

[59875] New: Suppressive fire against known enemies can be scripted using unit suppressFor time.

[59873] Fixed: After spawning new types of entities via script, game could randomly freeze or crash.

[59872] Fixed: Airplane, helicopter, car and ship control was lost while map was active.

[59808] Fixed: DOF in 3D scope view

[59741] Analogue throttle working for helicopters as well.

[59736] Fixed: Startup sounds are not spatial and stick to audio channels

[59715] Covering soldier in grass ("Grass layer")

[59691] Improved: Small hit be ignored by hitpoints (configurable by minimalHit)

[59668] Improved: Hitpoint can pass only a part of the hit to the total damage (passthrough setting no longer ignored).

[59446] New: IK weapon animations are now blending with primary animations.

[59351] Fixed: VoN direct speaking distance fade out

[59318] Fixed: support the highest Matrox TrippleHead2Go resolutions

[59279] Fixed: FPS on Dedicated server is not affected by server window manipulation (such as move or scroll).

[59088] Mouse lag can caused by GPU render ahead buffer be limited using GPU_MaxFramesAhead=N in ArmA2.cfg.

[59047] Fix: When player was a helicopter pilot, the AI gunner sometimes had no weapon selected on mission start

[59030] Fix: Helicopters - when manual fire on, do not allow AI gunner to switch weapons

Is there a way to check the damage of a unit's individual selections (hands, wheel, turret) with a command? If I haven't missed anything, it would be a very useful command because setDamage alone distributes damage all over the unit and using setHit to counter that is useless without a way to know the current damage.

Make playSound sounds unaffected by HDR. They're almost always either too loud or too quiet, depending on the loudness of other sounds you've heard recently.

The reload animation is not working for another if watching on soldier, thats mean if i reload my m8 cant see it. This bug is from release of arma2, and it was not fixed with new patches, fix it. sorry for my bad english.

Is it possible for BIS to make reloading sequence like they did in Call of Duty 4 and OFP: DR (ArmA is still a whole lot more realistic than they are and I only watched them in videos)? If they can do it, why not you? :)

Edited by jasonnoguchi

The thing that needs changing since OFP is switching to secondary weapon. Pistol is usually taken out from holster when u have no time or ability to reload main weapon. In reality it happens very fast often with throwing main weapon on the ground. Otherwise it has no sense to carry pistol.

Of course u shouldnt make throwing rifle but u can make anim similar to taking out binocular when rifle rests at the stomach or chest area.

So the main idea is to make changing weapons faster.

In reality it happens very fast often with throwing main weapon on the ground.

In reality your rifle hangs on your body with a sling.

Yea, you'd have to be insane to just toss your weapon.

Maybe, but from gamer's perspective it's just annoying. Especially if you are using AK class weapons that for some reason use full auto as default.

It's because AK weapons are designed as machine guns. The selector is Safe-Auto-Semi unlike the Safe-Semi-Auto/Burst of the M16 family

Well I have seen lots of movies and tv programmes and never seen using sling in combat mode mode because it impedes to act with rifle. Sling is used in safe mode usually. And if an enemy appears in front of u the main goal is to shoot him quickly without thinking of your rifle safety.

Yea, you'd have to be insane to just toss your weapon.

Most weapons, but I'd happily toss a fired AT4 and it takes an eternity to switch from an empty tube to your rifle in ARMA.

Most weapons, but I'd happily toss a fired AT4 and it takes an eternity to switch from an empty tube to your rifle in ARMA.

Get ACE2 :cool:

Well I have seen lots of movies and tv programmes and never seen using sling in combat mode

shock horror!... TV lies!?!?!?

trust us... pretty much every primary weapon in any warzone in the world is strapped onto its human under normal operation (at least, western/professional militaries). you may simply not notice the slings as they are well designed and no matter what position they are in, will remain close/tight to the body (so they dont get caught on anything)

We're getting the AH-64 and a mini campaign in the new patch!

0Fm109x-4RQ

- Add "addKill" command for scripting to handle custom kills not directly caused by player

- Include LittleBirds mod by Cyborg in Patch to have this great mod spread

__