Sign in to follow this  
SASrecon

Patch 1.05 suggestions

My suggestion for patch 1.05 is to release it. Have been holding off uploading the 8+GB to our dedicated server for weeks now thinking it'd be just around the corner, little did I know...

Why not just use ACE mod then?

Because a mod as big as ace does great things and also annoying fail things like remove terrain textures from the map so you have no idea where the tree-line ends and can't conduct AI correctly.

The better off the regular game is the less mod's like ace, awp, benny, JTD, VOP etc have to mess with it.

hmmm... you'd lower your weapon, let it dangle around, fiddle with your binoculars and all that without turning the safety on?

no, but i may do if i were prone with a rifle

adminp1.jpg

please add here following:

Lock/unlock the Server

Monitor 1/0

and when i enter my passwort and hit return nothing happens :confused:

and my pingcheck

perhaps its mentioned before.

Now these day's we got major flatscreens 22 to 27", but still when u are in the mission select screen u hardly see mission details:

arma2_missionselect.jpg

Perhaps its possible to expand this.

So make mission name wider, so u can read more in mission select screen.

And 2nd remark: a bigger list with connected users. Now u can only see a few depending on the nickname length

Edited by Killg0re
Picture instead of link to picture

perhaps its mentioned before.

Now these day's we got major flatscreens 22 to 27", but still when u are in the mission select screen u hardly see mission details:

Perhaps its possible to expand this.

So make mission name wider, so u can read more in mission select screen.

And 2nd remark: a bigger list with connected users. Now u can only see a few depending on the nickname length

Thats a problem on Interface design, not aspect ratio or monitor size.

Perhaps BIS will soon work on a more polished interface.

Bug #6460 : Mission selection screen is not wide enough, mission names cant' be read

Bug #6459 : Server browser window is too narrow, server and mission names are not displayed properly

Vote for it!

---------- Post added at 05:03 ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 ----------

please add here following:

Lock/unlock the Server

Monitor 1/0

I agree with this, lock/unlock and monitor are most used commands as well.

Edited by Lonestar

Sign up for dev-heaven and click on the green arrow up to vote for a bug/feature.

Edited by Lonestar
add link

heres 3 suggestions that might improve arma2 alot

1: make it so you can see people in the distance as easy with post processing on as it is when its off i really like post processing effects on trees and foliage especially upclose rather than looking pixilated they look more realistic but if it were possible to reduce the effect of the post processing as the image gets futher away from you i think it would keep it from bluring up in the background so much making it easier to distiguish enemy soldiers from forrest and otherthings as it stands i turn post processing off completly so i can see everything clearly.

2. I heard that this game doesnt utilise quadcore processors and you will never have close to a full load on all 4 cores more like half on each of the 4 if thats true it would be good to make it more efficient the use of quads.

3. The game doesnt use more than 2gb of ram becuase it was developed for 32bit operating systems so those of us with 4gb or more have resorted to using third party software like ramdisk to get better performance with armaII which i can say has made a huge difference in my gameplay for me from alot of pop in to pretty much none thats noticable.

I'd love some 40mm that doesn't go off when it hits a leaf.

How about giveing the commandvehicles room for some infantry in the cargo...? - or at least make a slot for a commander... hm! :)

Edited by Major Woody

Will any Windows' Dedicated Server executable file be released for version 1.05 ?

(actually there's only the Linux server)