Sign in to follow this  
Horus

New patch 1.04

(Removed link) There's the fixed key (Bin.pbo) for all ya Steamers.

All in all, I think this is a pretty good patch release. Way, way better than the 1.03 release :). Keep it up guys!

Mind if I ask where the source of that file is from, a.k.a. the forum and forum topic that link originated from?

Edited by Planck
Not the full patch

Thank you BI!!! The new patch is awesome! It installed with no problems and I get a 5-10 FPS boost!!! The mouse changes are a little wierd at first, but i changed them and its all good now!! Thanks so much! The game already ran very well for me and it runs even better now!!!!!

Just had to come on here and post my experience with the patch so far!

Just ran a test mission under 1.04 using latest code for CBA, ACE2 and it worked just fine.

Why don't you pass alone that ACE2 so I can try it too :P

basicly steakslim if you have a steam version of arma2, they are unable to join sigiture checking enabled servers, they get an error message that says : no entry dta/Bin.pbo and then gets kicked back to the server lobby

I have the Steam version and am unable to join any servers. My error message is different, only says, "Session Lost", then back to server list.

im extreamly dissapointed with the new patch. 1.02 was the best patch for me. ever since 1.03 iv been crashing if i play more then 15 minutes. and that was just for multiplayer. 1.04 makes me now crash in singleplayer

A lot of people paying attention to frame rates when it seems the most important part of the game is how it looks.

Please, I can't understand why it is it has taken this long to bring a patch that fixes the fact that AI soldiers can just walk through walls and fences. What's the point of building a base of they can just run through the walls?

BIS, I love this game but this is very dissapointing. Please can you fix this as soon as possible?

I am on Steam, love the patch. REALLY like the head turning view now. You can see the weap you are holding very nicely. The only issue so far is that the sound effects for vehicles and rounds going off seems alot quieter. Gonna try to turn up the sound FX in the .cfg. They are at 5 right now in the .cfg. Ingame in the audio options I have both sliders maxed but still quiet soundswise ingame.

Otherwise, love the patch so far.

addendum: Finally! I issued an order for the heli to pick me up and drop me off in War Welcome sp scenario. It actually worked. Sweet. Was able to turn up soundFX in the .cfg. Love the way you move now when parachuting. You swing a bit now. Very cool.

Edited by Shataan

Is it just me or does building destruction look better? It doesn't lag when changing the model and it looks like they added pieces of rubble that fly off after a section gets blown up.

Everything seems to look better. Infact, I have hardly any redraw of distant vegetation, building etc etc etc. Almost not noticable to the eye. As well, no more rifle round sounds getting distorted.. I gotta say this is a pretty sweet patch update. Steam version here btw.

Edited by Shataan

I have the Steam version (I just bought the game a few days ago) and now I cannot even enter multiplayer. I click on the multiplayer button and my computer just freezes. Nothing happens for minutes and I cant get out of the screen ctrl-alt-delete or Alt-Tab. Anyone else experiencing this? I am not a big fan of the single player having to micromanage squadmates I am a big fan of the multiplayer. Anyone else experiencing a computer freeze upon clicking the multiplayer button?!? Hope this gets fixed.

Edited by TurkeyBurgers

I have the Steam version (I just bought the game a few days ago) and now I cannot even enter multiplayer. I click on the multiplayer button and my computer just freezes. Nothing happens for minutes and I cant get out of the screen ctrl-alt-delete or Alt-Tab. Anyone else experiencing this? I am not a big fan of the single player having to micromanage squadmates I am a big fan of the multiplayer. Anyone else experiencing a computer freeze upon clicking the multiplayer button?!? Hope this gets fixed.

Does the screen say "Receiving..."?

Well the game just made a liar out of me lol. I just tried it to see if it froze at the receiving message and it went straight to multiplayer right away. I will go test the servers out and see if I can get into any of them.

I just noticed hay bales are destructable now. I guess BIS reads the suggestion forum :)

I just noticed hay bales are destructable now. I guess BIS reads the suggestion forum :)

Weren't they always destructible the same way a fence was? They just sort of go flat and fall over. Maybe that's ArmA I'm thinking of...

---------- Post added at 08:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

Well the game just made a liar out of me lol. I just tried it to see if it froze at the receiving message and it went straight to multiplayer right away. I will go test the servers out and see if I can get into any of them.

Hmm maybe you lost connection for a bit when you attempted to go into the MP 'lobby'. When I lose my internet connection the game freezes and CTDs when I try to access MP. At least it did in 1.02, not sure about 1.04.

Hay Bales used to be completely invincible. Even an M1A2 with a good head of steam running down a mountain would just instantly slam to a halt while attempting to drive into one.

I guess im not suprised there have been no performance fixes, I tried the patch out and it has not increased in fps what so ever. In fact in the larger cities i have lost frames, I swear im having deja vu all over again.

What happened to all the promises from mods stating that BI will be improving performance in this patch?? Am i the only one who cant notice any performance increase?

Patch 1.04= EPIC FAIL

Edited by m5holmez

I think the exact wording was that they were working on it and hoping to get it fixed for this patch, but I think it became more important to get the patch out with fixes for mouse lag and some of the crashes, so hopefully the next patch will have a greater performance increase.

Yeah i highly doubt that even the next patch will include performance fixes, like i said this is deja vu all over again, same exact thing happened back in the arma 1 days and it took 14 patches then to get things sorted out so im tipping in another 10 or so patches we should be right to go for arma2.

BIS has let us down yet again whats new.....

LOL @ BI letting us down again, this patch and the last are awesome imo.

Keep doing what your doing BI, ARMA2 is awesome, as are the updates.

BIS has let us down yet again whats new.....

Yeah, why the hell do they release patches anyway? Such a letdown.

Back on topic, does anyone else have the feeling that they've changed the way particles are rendered, for example smoke? I can't really put my finger on it, but particle effects on the whole seem to be visually improved. Also the performance drops related to particles are greatly reduced for me.