Sign in to follow this  
Horus

New patch 1.04

I just bought ArmA2 and patch to v1.04 and everything works fine. I have just one question. Do I have to every time I want to play ArmA2 put DVD into DVD rom, because it is so annoying . Can I use some no cd crack or something?

Since 1.04 I got more LOD switching in towns and with plants and flickering sky (HDR issue?). Intel Duo Core 8400 @ 3.0Ghz, 9800GTX+ on Asus PQ5 Pro

Viewdistance max 2500m other settings on low/normal. Any suggestions aside from buying new hardware and waiting for next beta/full patch?

Btw which newer gfx card or CPU would be the best choice?

I just bought ArmA2 and patch to v1.04 and everything works fine. I have just one question. Do I have to every time I want to play ArmA2 put DVD into DVD rom, because it is so annoying . Can I use some no cd crack or something?

Man it takes a few seconds to put the dvd in... I always have my copy in the drive but even when I take it out I leave it on top of my tower.

The past 2 days I've seen at least 8 posts asking about no-dvd patches? Conspiracy?

eh, I'll just answer the same thing I always answer them with ... search for "FADE"

The answer in this aspect is "NO". If you attempt to use any No-CD method or alter the arma2.exe in any way, it'll activate a game crippling feature called FADE which pretty much makes the game unplayable while the "illegal" alteration of the exe is still in effect.

However, there is a way around this if you were to download and use the beta patches. The catch is...they are beta patches, so somebthings may be broken, and in some cases the game runs better in many aspects, but the beta itself uses a unique exe that should not require a cd. This also means it circumvents Steam as well for those who use their service.

Also one last bit of advice. Such talk of using No-CD cracks in general are against the forum rules, even if you legitimately own the game, it is still a discussion of piracy software and the mods enforce this rule with an iron fist, even if your intentions are not bad. So expect your post to be deleted soon.

Ok guys thanks for the responses. I asked because it really does not like this method of putting DVD when I want to play. This seems to me somehow outdated and I would not like to damage my DVD on this way. Its more normal to me to install the game and keep it in on the safe place. :D

GPU overheating? Clean it by removing the dust.

Nope.

I guess if I hadnt of bought the steam version I'd just reinstall up to 1.03 - but this is 1st time Ive used steam so I'll go see if their is an option to to that with steam. I'll try the beta patch's first to see if that helps but otherwise the problem remains with 1.04 for me. Zoom/scope usually hastens onset of it.

Does the grphics corruption look like the video in This Thread?

If it does then it may be misdetected localVRAM caused by using Video Memory = Default (with 4Gb or more of RAM)...

Read towards the end of the thread, theres a bit more detail...

B

Does the grphics corruption look like the video in This Thread?

If it does then it may be misdetected localVRAM caused by using Video Memory = Default (with 4Gb or more of RAM)...

Read towards the end of the thread, theres a bit more detail...

B

Thanks, basically same I guess, without the CTD's though.

Hmmm...

Just noticed in your sig you have SLI - that has issues all of it's own sometimes... theres a thread about that somewhere in Troubleshooting...

I was getting corruption like the video in that other thread and traced it to having Video Memory set to "Default" - which autodetects - sometimes wrongly... (this seems to happen mostly to people with 4GB or more of System RAM).

This leads the game to believe you have more videoram on your card than you actually do - eventually you get overflow and it starts corrupting...

Only the "Default" setting uses autodetection - the other Low/Normal/High/Very High settings used fixed amounts - the trouble being we don't actually know what those amounts are...

I fixed my corruption issue simply by using a "fixed amount" setting...

I guess you could try setting Video Memory (in Video Options) to "High" - play for a while and see if the corruption still occurs...

But defo also search "Troubleshooting" for SLI - theres probably specific advice about that you should be checking out...

B

Edited by Bushlurker

"Only the "Default" setting uses autodetection - the other Low/Normal/High/Very High settings used fixed amounts - the trouble being we don't actually know what those amounts are..."

surely this should have been a priority fix by now????

Hello all.

Thought id drop my 2ct as well.

For me, the Game/SIM is just perfect. Its more then the usual run and gun!

Performance is very good on my end, considering whats being served on your screen:

FPS = 27-50 ( so playable all the time )

Settings:

All very High, Except:

Post processing = off

Anti aliasing and AF =off

I use nHancer on my nVidia card to force 4xs AA. AF i leave of, because the combined AA modes in nHancer include AF.

The goal of the game is to spot the enemy, before they spot you.

So instead of running around, try moving slower! walking, and scanning your surroundings.

I have noticed, playing the fantastic Cipher v1.35 mission, created by wiper,

If you rush, you're dead pretty quick, and yes, you might have the impression the AI is cheating, BUT ITS NOT.

its just doing, what you should do as well, move slowly, and scan your surroundings.

Playing with my buddy's, we tried taking them by storm, and failed miserably.

when going slow, and covering each other, we get there every time, no funny surprise kills.

For me, played right arma is just fantastic. Played wrong ( too fast, too COD /BF style, too run and gun ) and you might get disappointed.

Patch fixed several issues incl. sound. performance as said is very good here.

Thanx for your hard work BIS :-)

Edited by markushaze

or you lot could use the "offisial" no-cd patch ;)

just partisipate in the beta program, and you can run the game without the dvd in the drive. ( or by digital download, and it's all sorted :P )

Turns out my video cards were on the way to a bbq, hence my problems reported above. Thanks for respones and to BIS for my fav game.

§10) Do not dig up old threads

Threads older than 4 months should not be dug up unless something significant is being added. If in doubt as to what is "significant", contact a moderator and they will give you their opinion. As always old threads will remain open or be closed at the moderator's discretion.

Patch 1.05 is out since months back so there is no reason in digging this old thread up.

JayTack: Turns out my video cards were on the way to a bbq, hence my problems reported above. Thanks for respones and to BIS for my fav game.