dmarkwick

JTD Fire And Smoke

Hi DMarkwick, thank you a lot, your work is really nice and I use since ArmA 1 frist releases.

I ask you in the past the way to config duration of smoke and other things and I really appreciate now the use of the config hpp for tweaking :)

I read here some news in the new release any ETA ? just HYPE about it :)

have a good time

Rubber

how would i do this?

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

Then I'd suggest you have another issue, as CBA is a required addon for Fire and Smoke. Maybe check the order you're loading your addons.

And how would i do this? I just have all my addons in my ArmaII folder. I only have about 4

Hi DMarvick,

when I zoom in the smoke direct around the tank for example get smaller and when I zoom out it get to the original size. Can it be fixed?

Tino

Hi DMarvick,

when I zoom in the smoke direct around the tank for example get smaller and when I zoom out it get to the original size. Can it be fixed?

Tino

This is either a BIS bug or a BIS feature - depending on how you wish to look at it :) A BIS developer called this scaling behavior a feature to prevent "overdraw". Basically a particle is allowed to reach a certain onscreen size, then that size is capped and won't get any bigger with zoom/distance. The particles appear to be shrinking, but it's an optical illusion, they're not changing size at all as far as screen dimensions go.

I call it a bug because it prevents a lot of particle usefulness IMO, and I'm pretty sure the overdraw feature could be disabled without impacting badly on performance.

Sometimes I'd like the opportunity to be able to use larger, but fewer, particles but this behavior means that there will always be a minimum number of particles needed per area.

...mmm...is it my imagination or does JTD fire not spread as quickly and as wildly as it did before? I think I used to get MUCH BIGGER forest fires but now, perhaps only about 3 to 5 trees around the source burns....??

...mmm...is it my imagination or does JTD fire not spread as quickly and as wildly as it did before? I think I used to get MUCH BIGGER forest fires but now, perhaps only about 3 to 5 trees around the source burns....??

Pretty sure all that stuff is configurable in the .hpp file

Wow.

After a 6 month break from Arma2 I decided to install it again today, and the first thing I went looking for was the successor to DMsmoke effects.

This looks incredible, your mod alone made Arma1 20x more enjoyable for me. The total lack of huge, long lasting plumes of smoke killed the atmosphere. The addition of forest fires looks incredible.

Thanks DM, for all the effort you have put in to making the game so much more enjoyable for people like me, it really is appreciated.

Hi Masters,

How I Use JTD im my maps? Is JTD a Module?

I put a MISC JTD object, but I dont see difference from Arma2 Explosions Effects...

Best Regards!!

Hi Masters,

How I Use JTD im my maps? Is JTD a Module?

I put a MISC JTD object, but I dont see difference from Arma2 Explosions Effects...

Best Regards!!

You have to make sure you install it properly and then just start up the game. You don't need to add anything to a map.

You have to make sure you install it properly and then just start up the game. You don't need to add anything to a map.

I use the SixUpdte to install JTD. I created a shortcut with JTD Mod, too...

I think that's easy.

then, when I create a map, the JTD is default mod for explosions?

@Delta, JTD is a simple client side overlay mod. It does not require special initialisation. It will overlay itself onto any explosions or fire that happens ingame.

I use the SixUpdte to install JTD. I created a shortcut with JTD Mod, too...

I think that's easy.

then, when I create a map, the JTD is default mod for explosions?

Don't forget to make sure the ArmA2/userconfig/JTD/JTD_FireAndSmoke_config.hpp file is in place :)

And, I'm not sure what method you start ArmA2 with, but make sure the mod folder is part of the startup parameters. Read the readme for full details, it has a very explicit description of the process.

Don't forget to make sure the ArmA2/userconfig/JTD/JTD_FireAndSmoke_config.hpp file is in place :)

And, I'm not sure what method you start ArmA2 with, but make sure the mod folder is part of the startup parameters. Read the readme for full details, it has a very explicit description of the process.

Yes, the JTD_FireAndSmoke_config.hpp it's ok.

Thanks a lot, guys!!!!

Bye!!!

Yes, the JTD_FireAndSmoke_config.hpp it's ok.

Thanks a lot, guys!!!!

Bye!!!

Does this mean you fixed it? :)

Does this mean you fixed it? :)

Yes!! The Effects are great!!! JTD is nice!!!

Thanks for all.

Sweet Addon :yay: Jumps the level of immersion in Arma2 tremendously !

Thanks you.

@Luap, not only is JTD fire visually pleasing, it also opens up the tactical possibility of using fire against your enemy. Since fire spreads amongst trees quite quickly and kills, I use forest fires to kill enemies that are bunched up all the time. (by destroying vehicles near their position. Most positions have at least an UAZ guarding. :) )

Hi jasonnoguchi,

Funny thing is the AI used your suggestion on me :D

Hi jasonnoguchi,

Funny thing is the AI used your suggestion on me :D

Well, use it back at em and kick their ass! hehehee!

@DM & Post people using this ...

Unless its my setting and I have mixed mods and all seem fine, I keep turning off fires becuase of the burning sound effect used. Its a good sample source but the volume always sounds like its pretty much next to me even though the fire might be 300 or more meters away. I had a fire running and then drove at least 900 meters away on a hill and the sound was distant but only realy sounded like it was 400 meters from me.

My figures maybe wrong as quotes but brain and ear tells me sound level doesnt = distance away. For me this is the case since the first version that had this feature.

Does anyone else have this, and am I repeating something posted ages ago ... and could there be maybe an update to config to maybe set the volume of the sound (check GL4 which has this for radio chatter fx via config) and maybe an on/off switch also (for the sound effect used)?

For now I turn fires off becuase the immersion dies with the burning sound and the sound if multiple can overshadow the rest.

I have Xfi and only run in stereo (no enhancements and no surround), weapons and GL4 effect (that have distance like church bells etc) are all fine.

Edited by mrcash2009

There is a fix for this MrCrash, PM me your email and I'll send off the soundfixed version. There's a few more fixes I wish to implement before making a general release :)

Loving this mod.

When I first installed it, sabot rounds would create that awesome mud plume effect, but wierdly they stopped doing this... I wonder if it has anything to do with ACE.

Also, is there any chance of seeing those awesome grenade explosion effects in a coming update?