theavonlady

OFP Addon request thread

Here's a bundle of addons for you guys to research.

"6G30" is an official BIS addons - if you have 1.96 installed, you should have this one...it's the 6 round grenade launcher that East -> Heavy Grenadier uses...

Placebo,

THANK YOU for your feedback regarding the "missing addon" problem I've been having with the littlebird demo mission. I'm happy that you were kind enough to supply a download link, but it leads to the "Littlebirds & Rangers" demo mission, and thus avoids triggering the download of v. 1.10 of the pavehawk (which is what I assumed the link was supposed to do). Your effort & gesture are appreciated, and I have already downloaded/installed v. 1.10 of the pavehawk (which MAY be DIFFERENT from yours, keep reading below).

Today I ended up redownloading and reinstalling ALL of the BAS files from the BAS Classic website found here: http://www.ballisticaddonstudios.com/classic.php

Immediately below is an image I took showing that the redownloaded files were reinstalled into my Res/AddOns folder. I presume that the "BAS" files that aren't highlighted in blue are the ones that were placed there when I installed BAS' Tonal Island.

b] installed properly. Of course Ihttp://forums.bistudio.com/oldsmileys/sad_o.gif' alt='sad_o.gif'>

That being said, there is something VERY interesting that I noticed with your posting of YOUR version of the pavehawk 1.10's Read Me text. Even though my downloads of the pavehawk 1.10 were from two different sites, the Read Me's text is different from yours, even though both your version and my version of the Read Me are titled the same. Your version of the Read Me states:

VERSION HISTORY

===============

1.1 (20-Feb-2003)

- TJP MH-60G Pavehawk addon redeclared in the mission.sqm file's Addons declaration section. The addon is referenced in an existing script used by the mission.

This is what MY version states:

BAS PAVEHAWKS

=============

Version: 1-1

Developer: Ballistic Addon Studios (http://www.ballistic-studios.com/)

Publisher: Ballistic Addon Studios (http://www.ballistic-studios.com/)

OFP Ed Center Code: BAS

Description: HH-60G variants for Operation Flashpoint (v1.85+).

README CONTENTS

===============

1. VERSION HISTORY

2. CREDITS

3. COPYRIGHT STATEMENT

4. TERMS OF USE

5. LEGAL DISCLAIMER

6. DISTRIBUTING GAME CONTENT CREATED WITH THE ADDON

7. SUPPORT INFORMATION

8. REQUIRED ADDONS

9. INSTALLATION

10. ADDED UNITS

11. SPECIAL FEATURES: QUICK REFERENCE (SCRIPTING)

12. SPECIAL FEATURES: PAVEHAWK DETAILS

13. NOTES

1. VERSION HISTORY

==================

Version: Date: Notes:

1-1 06-JULY-2004 Added: Flag proxies for improved CTF play

Added: Desert textures, many thanks to Silent Pro for the textures.

Fixed: Error in texture mapping on the tail stabilizor.

Fixed: Stick the refueling probe in the ground at your peril...

1-0 01-APR-2004 First Release

Note that my version of the text makes NO mention of what you posted earlier, "1.1 (20-Feb-2003)

- TJP MH-60G Pavehawk addon redeclared in the mission.sqm file's Addons declaration section. The addon is referenced in an existing script used by the mission."

Is it possible that both The Avon Lady's and BAS Classic's websites are hosting a version of the pavehawk that is only titled "v.1.10" when in reality said downloads are missing the all important fix that's detailed in your version?

There's only one way to know for sure, and that's by comparing the download you have versus the ones from the other sites.

Is there any way you could supply a download link to [/i]your version of the pavehawk? I've already checked Operation Flashpoin Files' site, and sadly the only download they have is for v. 1.0, found here: http://operationflashpoint.filefront.com/file/Pavehawks_Addon;34048

I'm kind of stuck, for the two sites that I've found that do feature a v1.10 of the pavehawk is a version that's different from yours. How many other sites are hosting the same version of the file I've already downloaded twice?

Thanks for all your help on this matter!

Yours,

Kyle

smile_o.gif

THANK YOU for your feedback regarding the "missing addon" problem I've been having with the littlebird demo mission. I'm happy that you were kind enough to supply a download link, but it leads to the "Littlebirds & Rangers" demo mission

The link was supposed to lead you to the demo mission, as I was trying to point out it's usually the fault of the mission when you get a missing addon error message despite the fact you do have the addon.

You should delete the mission locally and instead download the one from the link I posted.

@architekt

sorry for my inapprobiate first answer, but they all addons that are quite common so i really thought you were kidding. Sorry for that.

All you needed in the last post were the dkm stuff that you can get from the new DKM Website

The DKM_Rsc should be version 1.4 the newest i think, the DKM PSG is so old that they dont host it no more, ofp.info will have it i think.

edit:

DKM PSG1 Res

Quote[/b] ]Needed:

ORCS Russian weapon pack v.3.1 [11,9 MB] from FTP#1 or FTP#2

ORCS Russian RPG Launchers v. 3.5 [4,77 MB] from FTP#1 or FTP#2

Thanks, but that only includes:

class ICPRPG2

class ICPRPG7

class ICPRPG7V

class ICPRPG16d

class ICPRPG18

class ICPRPG_18

class ICPRPG26

class ICPRPG29

not ICPRPG27 :/

Placebo,

Boy am I embarrassed! Now I get it, the problem with the "missing addon" is NOT with the addon itself, but rather with the mission requesting said addon. tounge2.gif

My apologies for being so slow on getting what you were talking about, I've got "baby brain" due to having to a one month old firstborn to take care of. It makes one goofy in the head.

Alright, so here's what I did, I deleted the original "littlebird demo" mission, and installed your version of the "LittleBirdRaidRangers" mission into the Mission/Ballistic folder. It didn't work sad_o.gif and it still keeps showing the "missing addon" error message. I've combed through my files, and I don't have the littlebird demo mission anywhere else within my OFP's directory.

I hate to ask it, but what should I do now?

Yours,

Kyle

confused_o.gif

the dkm_rsc.pbo is no specific addon, its there scripts and effects. The newest Version should be with any their vehicle addons. Mi-28, VitApc 1.4 should both contain that file.

Help! I was making a zombie mission, had to "tidy up my hard drive" alittle, and was sure I got everything in the right place. In the editor it now tells me I'm missing:

artcharacters

which I think is related to artbusinessman (found the name in the mission.sqm),

but I'll be darned if I can find the PBO that it refers to.

Any bells ringing out there?

Thanks!

Eddie

I trying to play the vietnam 1969 campaign but I keep getting this error message. cannot load mission; missing addons: groups. what the heck is that i can't find a groups add-on anywhere.

Anyone know what "gwerm1" is or is part of.I get the missing addon message with a campaign i just downloaded from OFP info,and i can't play it. Thanks!

Damn i should take money for that.

I dont know how old the campaign is you downloaded, but the addon was the first WW2 Infantry Pack for ofp made by Monti back in 2002. gwerm1 is a part of that pack. But if gwerm1 is missing there should be gwerm2,3,4 missing aswell, cause they all were in one .pbo. Anyway, even if it doesnt is in Addonname, gwerm1 is part of this.

Why can i remember such stuff, but forget my pin for my creditcard regulary?? huh.gif

YEAH baby  yay.gif u iz da man. thank you very much biggrin_o.gif The campaign is called "red sky" and it was made in 2003, i hope it's going to be worth the trouble.It dosn't mention the addons in the read me

Anyone know this addon "throwkok", very rare addon like a pokemon I think smile_o.gif

throwkok is a weaponclass definded in the flashfx effect pack.

Get latest version of flashfx and you should be ready to go.

Get Flashfx here

Scars09, i think you must be the OFP angel sent down from that big virtual battlefield in the sky biggrin_o.gif  I also think you must play with this game even more than i do(and that is two or three hours a day every day) p.s you were right with my addon question

thx scars09, I found the solution with your help, the addon is with the pack flashFX, but not need to be loaded in the mission, only with effects.

Thank you very much. tounge2.gif

Good to hear i could help.

Quote[/b] ]Scars09, i think you must be the OFP angel sent down from that big virtual battlefield in the sky

rofl.gif sent down?? Guess it could be described like that band.gif they kicked me, those damn angel n00bs tounge2.gif

I trying to play the vietnam 1969 campaign but I keep getting this error message. cannot load mission; missing addons: groups. what the heck is that i can't find a groups add-on anywhere.

Anybody

there is 100% no groups addon. Why? Groups is a definition used by the game itself, addon with that name would cause major problems.

Only tip i can give you is to reinstall sebnam pack. Maybe look around for a version of sebnam pack wich is from same timeperiod then the campaign is. Could be that a update use different groups and maybe thats the reason for the error. Good Luck

Not really mising an addon for a particular mission , just wondering what the best JAM compliant Modern Russian winterised troops are and where i might find them