Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Player looking for squad (not for squads to post looking for players!)

Sira

Sniper

Have been playing ARMA 2 for more than a year (tho had a long break due to travels and just returned).

I'm looking for a german or english speaking squad with mature (means no squeaky kids) players.

Edited by Sira

I am 39 years of age. Brand new to ARMA. I played the first one a little but couldn't find a group that suited me. I am looking for someone to show me the ropes using a tactical approach to completing objectives. I have completed all the boot camp scenarios but other than that I am extremely green. But as such I am willing to fill any role that you might need. I live in Houston and do a 9-5 gig. I have been sim racing for many years and can drive pretty well as I have a steering wheel with pedals.

I just want to find a group that is fun to be around. While I do want to be serious and realistic, fun and meeting new online friends are my priority.

Please PM me or if you use yahoo IM add me as a friend if you wish... paulsim71.

Thanks.

30 year old Male, Want a mature group of players who dont' take themselves too seriously but at the same time are looking to accomplish the tasks presented in Arma II/OA/CO with structure and a sense of purpose, direction, and motivation.

I echo this. I don't mind getting serious(ish) but draw the line at calling people Sir or SGT.

Heavy into flight sims so I have my stick, throttle, rudder pedals and Track IR ready for some wop wop action. No auto hover, no mouse and keyboard for me. Don't care if it's transport or attack. Would really enjoy learning from someone with prior real life experience. I can envision flying with a copilot, someone who can check the map and navigate, and scan the air and ground for threats. Wouldn't mind doing that for someone else. Would be cool to have a full dedicated crew. Don't know if that kind of thing exists in the ARMA online world.

On days when a helicopter is not needed my second choice would be in some sort of sniper capacity. Sniper/spotter team kind of stuff.

On days when neither are needed I can hold my own doing something else. I'm prior service so the tactics and communication isn't too foreign to me.

Thanks

I am 39 years of age. [...Post...]

Please PM me or if you use yahoo IM add me as a friend if you wish... paulsim71.

Thanks.

15th MEU Sounds like the place to be my friend. Check us out hop onto our ventrilo we have a great bunch of guys and a relaxed environment when not doing official operations, we get our stuff done when it comes to accomplishing our mission. Check us out @ www.15thmeu.net

I echo this. I don't mind getting serious(ish) but draw the line at calling people Sir or SGT.

[...Post...]

On days when neither are needed I can hold my own doing something else. I'm prior service so the tactics and communication isn't too foreign to me.

Thanks

Same to you my friend, At the moment I don't really know if there are any pilot slots open for our AV-8's,MV-22's,AH-1's, or UH-1Y's, but we seeing as you say your "fairly" acquainted with communications you may be interested in an RTO(Radio Telephone Operator) position. Look into it if you want or find it appealing @ www.15thmeu.net

- Bolano

I really liked Jedo's format so I thought I would use the same.

Name: Corey

Microphone & teamspeak: yes

Languages: English, I can also comprehend some Spanish and French, but don't ask me to attempt to formulate a sentence.

Ready to pay for a server?: I would be willing to pitch in down the road if things work out.

Games: Arma2, Arma2 OA (CO) and BAF dlc

User codename: Dregan

ACE: Yes

Roles preferred: Automatic Rifleman or Designated Marksmen, along with your standard Rifleman or Grenadier.

Time spent with Arma2 and skill/experience: I have been playing Arma 2 on and off for quite sometime. I just recently returned after more than a year away so I am starting fresh. I am getting my barrings back, but I am not back to being a skilled player just yet.

I am looking for a realism unit that isn't too formal. I really don't like having to say sir over and over, but I do enjoy a realistic atmosphere when it comes to communication. I want to find a unit that actually works together as if they are a real fire-team. I am tired of joining servers and seeing everyone doing their own thing and being spread out everywhere. I am more into the infantry side of things and sustained firefights. Compound to Compound fighting against the militia in Takistan is one of my favorite things to do in this game and I would love to find a unit that enjoys doing so. I am not fond of the original Arma 2 setting and I much rather prefer Operation Arrowhead. I also create missions so expect some exclusive missions catered to whatever unit I may land in.

Feel free to pm me any questions you may have.

Mature player looking to join a active tactical realism military unit. i am new to ARMA 2. i have xfire ,Teamspeak3, headset with mic and can download any mods required. I am located in Ohio, USA, EST Timezone. Im looking for a US based 18+ unit

PM me with any info you have about your unit. thank you

hey, I play arma 2 combined ops with British armed forces and am looking for a squad/clan to join. I am a mature gamer that is interested in good tactical gameplay. I prefer the warfare BE gamemode but can play the other missions as well.

send me a private message if interested in recruiting me

Name: Josh

Microphone & teamspeak: not as of yet, need to grab a new mic in a few weeks.

Languages: English

Ready to pay for a server?: In the future if i stayed with the team i wouldn't mind chipping in.

Games: Arma2

User codename: CJ, CanadianJoker

ACE: ?

Roles preferred: Pretty much anything, give me a gun and some orders.

Time spent with Arma2 and skill/experience: I am very new to arm2 but have a little experiences with ofp.

Altho i am new to the world of arma2, i was apart of a unit known as the 23rd MEU back in the battlefield 2/ofp days. I am not looking for a hardcore unit, but realism is welcomed.

As mentioned above i do not current have a mic, but when finance's allow i will be picking one up, also i have a flight stick and am currently practicing in the editor but to be honest its a slow progress lol.

anyways if you want to message me you can do so here (pm) or send me an email at joshreading@gmail.com

Josh.

Name: Sam

Languages: English and Swedish

Ready to pay for a server?: I would be willing to give a few bucks later on if squad suits me

Games: Arma2 OA (CO), OFP (all versions)

User codename: Qwertinator(can be changed to fit squad style)

Roles preferred: Any role required.

Time spent with Arma2 and skill/experience: I haven't played a lot since I recently got the game, but I'm really interested in beginning my playing experience by joining a squad that's willing to accept someone as the rookie private.

As mentioned above I'm not the most skilled player, yet, but I learn fast and I'm willing to try a session with any type of squad. Usually in games like these I like a squad with a semi-serious attitude. No excessive messing around/joking during missions, intent to complete the mission but doesn't have to have real military strategies or similar. Mature play but not necessarily roleplay

Same as drmidnight

lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Name: Dylan

Ready to pay for a server?:yes*If I'm Financially able at the time*

Games:OFP(GOTY), Arma2 and Arma2 OA

User codename: Rime

ACE: NO

Roles preferred:I have experience In all roles and will fill any roles necessary for the mission.

Time spent with Arma2 and skill/experience:I've played OFP for 8 years, then switched to Arma2 when it was released*same with Operation arrowhead* and its been the black hole of any and all my free time since.

What kinda of squad I'm looking for:

Just a group of people that work together and love playing Arma as much as I do. I'm willing to give as much time as needed for training/certification/placement.

lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

PM me if interested

Name: Brady

Microphone & teamspeak: Yes to both.

Ready to pay for a server?: Depends on time spent and players in the server/Clan.

Games: Arma2, OA, OFP

User codename: Birdy/DarkerDark

ACE: Yes, both 1.3, and the latest for OA at all times.

Roles preferred: I prefer to be infantry, but I'll fill any role the squad needs me for.

Time spent with Arma2 and skill/experience: I've been playing OFP since 2002, so for 8.5 years now, and played a bit of Arma1, and now have been playing Arma2 since it came out, and OA for about 3 months. I have a good understanding of how BIS games work, the coding and the physics, I'm also a good pilot with choppers, but I'm not too good with jets. :)

Looking for: A large scale PVP or Coop clan/squad, with coordination and an ordered structure, Preferably a server that is close to me, so I don't get over 120 ping. (any place in europe gives me 140+ ping, which sucks cause that's the most players)

Contact: Birdy_gravel@hotmail.com or Birdy890@gmail.com Or PM me on these forums, I can usually get on after 3PM up till 1AM.

Edited by Birdy890

I realize I need to find a group of like minded players to enjoy this game to it's fullest.

Have been playing BF2:PR for a few years and consider myself quite capable.

Hoping some PR skills will transfer over to ARMA2, and I think they will.

Looking forward to the scale of ARMA2, and I'd like to see what groups are out there for an old guy like me (33yrs old) who wants to commit to realism gaming but might not be able to make every practice / training sessions every week at the same time.

I game every week at some point, but it's hard to predict when. Some weeks I might play 4 times, the next week 1 time.

I have my copy of Combined Operations on it's way to me right now, and will start playing on my own right away, but ideally I'd find a group that could assist in training.

Is there a group here looking for a player like me?

Screen Name: Mauser GDog (hopefully, ARMA2 not installed yet)

Ready to pay for a server?: of course

Games:BF2:PR / ARMA2 very soon :)

ACE: will install any mods, I prefer as much realism as possible.

Roles preferred: any Infantry role, ground vehicles, no air.

Arma2 experience:Zero, but I know tactics and comms. after 3 years of avid BF2:PR play.

What kinda of squad I'm looking for: Preferably a group of old guys like me who understand how hectic RL can be post 20's! Of course, I will gladly play with any group of mature / friendly players.

Additional Interests: VERY interested in using the editor, love creating scenarios & campaigns - Sony Vegas Pro video editing - photoshop -

Thanks for reading. PM if you think you have a spot for me.

MGD

About me:

US Army combat experience

Tactical Realism clan experience

ARMA2/OA+ACE experience

Capable and comfortable leading and training infantry including:

weapon systems, land navigation, radio procedure, tactics and more

Capable of shutting my pie hole and following orders

What I seek:

50+ active members

Weekly training events (minimum 1/week)

ACE + ACRE (additional mods OK)

Coop and TvT operations

Custom maps / Interesting challenges

Sharp members who can teach me something

Opportunities to teach others

9 man infantry squads and realistic tactics

What I do not seek:

Lack of maturity among leadership / members

Arbitrary enforcement of rules / Favoritism

Are there groups looking for this kind of player?

Name: Alexander

Languages: English, Russian, French.

Ready to pay for a server?: Why not if I'll like squad and it is not very expensive.

Games: Arma2, Arma2 OA (CO) and BAF (ie all).

User codename: Alex

ACE: yes

Roles preferred:

- Pilot (fix or not fix wing);

- Infantry or any others.

Time spent with Arma2: I can take in game about 1-2 times per week mostly Mon-Fri after 21.00 of weekend morning up to 11.00 my local time.

Skill/experience: Long time.

Looking for:

- English speaking friendly squad - it is very important I would say I looking for online friends for play;

- Much realism as possible in the game session but without excessive paranoya or burocracy in general;

- I'm very interesting in strong interaction in the game, working together, coordinating actions between all kind forces (like - spotting targets by infantry for aviation etc);

- Also interesting to take part by team in different servers like Dao.nu against other players (not only against stupid AI).

Additional info:

- very small military experience as medical officer (lieutenant). Not army, not take part in military action - only military training theory and maneuvers - organize med help and evacuation system from front line to hospitals, firing range (only firearms and grenades).

- Ultralight flight experience - paragliding's pilot and as flight control officer for paragliding and hungliding about 10 years.

- Can follow orders in the game but without excessive "sir" in every 30 seconds :) .

Name: Zack

Microphone & teamspeak: yes (ventrilo as well)

Ready to pay for a server?: Not yet.

Games: Arma2

User codename: saedrin

ACE: No, but I can install whatever you require or suggest.

Roles preferred: Sniper/marksman

Time spent with Arma2 and skill/experience: Very little in game. I played quite a bit after release and then I became busy with school and work, leaving little time for FPS. I have RL long-range rifle experience, and I prefer long distance shooting.

I'm a smart, quick witted guy and dead reliable. Just looking for a squad that needs some sniper support on their ops. Feel free to PM me if you'd like.

Hi

Abit Bout My Previous

Ive played operation flashpoint since it cam out back in 2001 Loved the lan games i use to play with my friends from college, i then waited until number two came out, Disapointment!

Ive had arma 2 for around 2 months now and have only just started getting back into the controlled movement i had when i played flashpoint 1.

Im looking for a squad thats UK based, have a postive attitude to gaming, A squad willing to learn me tactics as this is something iver never done.

Im 21 years old, im an airsofter for anyone who does it :)

Im a student at staffordshire university with a part time job and have alot of free time to practice on arma 2

Thank You

Dark.

Name: Steve

Microphone & TeamSpeak: Yes

Languages: English and some bad French

Ready to pay for a server? Sure will be happy to chip in

Games: ArmA, ArmA2, OA, BAF

Roles preferred: Happy to be whatever is needed

Time spent with Arma2 and skill/experience: Clocked up way to many hours on ArmA, not so much on ArmA2, but still am quite skilled at it. I am currently at Uni so cannot guaranty that I will be able to be online at the same time every week.

I'm looking for a mature group who enjoy a laugh but will still work as a team. Preferable UK based but I am flexible.

Feel free to PM me if you'd like.

Name: lightninguk

Microphone & TeamSpeak: Yes

Ready to pay for a server? Sure will be happy to chip in

Games: ArmA, ArmA2, OA, BAF

Roles preferred: Happy to be whatever is needed

Time spent with Arma2 and skill/experience: been playing arma since start been making mission since start here a few i made

Operation Herrick MMX - Part1/6

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11662

Operation Moshtarak - Phase 1/3

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=10279

Operation Blood Diamonds - Part1 Co-12 (@)

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9718

Operation Blood Diamonds - Part 2

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9722

UKF Operation Shahi Tandar

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11007

so if i find the right group of players i would love to build missions again

Hi all, I'm interested in joining or gaming with a squad for ArmA II (OA and BAF also) I've always liked the game but the online aspect is a very difficult aspect to be thrown into.

Although I've never played online I mess around with the SP missions and the armory (helicopters/aircraft are an obsession I follow in games) so I'm not a total newbie.

So if there are any mature squads around looking for more players, hit me up!

steam: [MIA] GIR(SQUIRREL)Carl

I liked this format also, sorry if I get double posted

Name: Niko

Microphone & Teamspeak: yes, also ventrillo and mumble

Languages: English, German (a little bit)

Ready to pay for a server?:If I have the extra cash.

Games: Arma2, Arma2 OA (CO), BAF-dlc, BF2:PR

User codename: DropoftheGun

ACE: yes, haven't played much or updated lately

Roles preferred: currently-ground with a leader giving order/air (not great but I'm practicing)

Time spent with Arma2 and skill/experience: Very little, I played online for a few games but couldn't really deal with the steam/lag issues (steam bought user) I've played BF2:PR for about 6 months and thoroughly enjoy it, setting up ambushes and preventing friendly deaths are two things I seem to be good at.

What I'm looking for:a friendly, mature (with little cussing), US based squad ready to teach a new player the ropes. Teamwork is a great thing to happen and it rarely does in FPSs today. A semi-hardcore squad that isn't so intense that if I miss a few games I'm gone and banned, but isn't so casual that I'd have better luck looking for players in TF2.

Thanks for reading!

-Niko

Name: Fuzzy

Microphone & TeamSpeak: (Eventually Will Get One)

Languages: English, limited Korean

Ready to pay for a server? Depends

Games: ArmA2, OA

ACE: I can use it or not.

Roles preferred: Open to anything!

Time spent with Arma2 and skill/experience: A bit raw, but I do play some time with ARMA. I just need a squad to develop in.

Name: Steve "Chief"

Ready to pay for a server?: I am willing to donate to play with active people

Games: Arma2, Arma2 OA (CO) and BAF (ie all).

User codename: Chief

ACE: yes

Roles preferred:

- Pilot (Rotary Wing Only);

- Infantry.

Time spent with Arma2: I can play most times, especially in the winter

Skill/experience: I have played ARMA and ARMA 2 for many months

Looking for:

- English speaking friendly squad - it is very important I would say I looking for online friends for play;

- As much realism as possible in the game session;

- I'm very interesting in strong interaction in the game, working together, coordinating actions between all kind forces (like - spotting targets by infantry for aviation etc);

- Also interesting in PvP and Co-Op Play. Co-Op is my preferred method of choice.

Additional info:

- Military Experience for almost 10 years.

- Software Engineer (Internet Applications and HandHeld Devices)

- Arma 2 mission maker. I have been working mostly Warfare and Insurgency type maps.

- Can follow orders and think on my feet.

- I enjoy ACE, ACRE and hard AI, but I can leave most MODS behind.

Hey guys. My name is christoffer from sweden. im 17 years old and looking for a squad.

I cant play on Wednesday and Sunday. My favorite is sniper but im a all around guy so i can play the most things and i can learn new things fast.

reply here or send a PM if ur intressted and then we can talk more.

// bushkiller

Hey guys , i'm looking for a squad to enjoy ArmA 2 :D

I only have ArmA 2 with no mods but i'll install everything :D

I'm looking for something to join in the free time and maybe arrange some gametime but nothing toooooo serious :p

Name: Martin

Microphone & Teamspeak: I have ts but no mic.

Languages: English, swedish and some japanese.

Ready to pay for a server?: No.

Games: Arma, Arma: Queens gambit, Arma 2 and Arma 2: OA

User codename: Silverstar

Roles preferred: Unsure.

Time spent with Arma2 and skill/experience: Ive been playing arma 2 on and off since its release. same with arma.

What I'm looking for: Really just looking for people to play and have fun with. Preferably european.