Sign in to follow this  
LockDOwn

Multiplayer "HOLD" maps are where the fun is at!!!

Berzerk has great servers and the PvP action is second to none!!

If you have not tried em get to it men! Makes the AI maps seem weak and pathetic!

See ya in game!

The BMF AAS server is epic! i'm an old JO player and I love the AAS gametype. There are some drawbacks to it with ARMA but overall it is alot of fun. I've been on it every night this week.

You can't beat PVP warfare.

AAS would be gold if it fixed the spawn camping requirement. Simply turning it from "red" and "blue" zones into "red zones", "blue zones" and one "black zone", where only the black zone can be capped and opfor/bluefor capping it turns the next blue/red zone into black would make it much better. That way nobody spawns in the zone that is actually being fought over, and thus the spawn camp fest will no longer be worthwhile.

So this gamemode is like Joint Ops? I'm in...

It's exactly like Joint ops AAS, just with ARMA 2 style gameplay.

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

AAS would be gold if it fixed the spawn camping requirement. Simply turning it from "red" and "blue" zones into "red zones", "blue zones" and one "black zone", where only the black zone can be capped and opfor/bluefor capping it turns the next blue/red zone into black would make it much better. That way nobody spawns in the zone that is actually being fought over, and thus the spawn camp fest will no longer be worthwhile.

The spawn camping is ridiculous I'll give you that, but spawning in AAS hot zones has always been available if your team controls the zone. The problem I think is that the spawn armor doesn't last long enough. I've been in many games this week where I am killed before I can even react and move.

Pisses me off to no end.

Also they need to do something about either the vehicles or the anti-vehicle weapons. Tanks, apc's and such are pretty much worthless with every player toting a javelin. It also seems like armor is pretty weak compared to armor in a co-op game.

Also they need to do something about either the vehicles or the anti-vehicle weapons. Tanks, apc's and such are pretty much worthless with every player toting a javelin. It also seems like armor is pretty weak compared to armor in a co-op game.

I was adressing this issue and asking for a solution some time back, with the result that most people seem to like to play the game that way (with every soldier get a anti tank option as default when the round starts ...) and that its in the "responsibility of the mission makers". From that time the game loost a lot of fun for me in PVP matches since at least 3/4 of all public matches do not force any kind of restriction on the player, so far I have not even meet any PVP/PvAI matches with restrictions.

Just a question: Why no "class restrictions"?

meh, they might be good if people actually played tactically but every hold/bezerk server i play on is full of team killing noobs who don't have the first clue or interest in team work. no one sticks together, everybody runs around on their own, its absolute wank.

there are only ever 3 or 4 hold servers in existance, and they are ALL like this.

it has potential but sadly it's the game mode which attracts the most noobs and cretins.

Edited by Moosed

I can only agree with this, the game has been ruined so many times by team killing idiots (not just in PVP engagements) that it really loost a lot of fun.

I sadly barrely play the game anymore cause when ever I get the feeling to have some fun and start the game I get remembered that there is a high chance for idiots which might start a complete mayhem on some server killing shoot your engine while you start a helicopter or just crash a plane in the spawn and it takes anyway enough time to find a server, with people playing on, and that in a setting you feel fine with (I am really not one that is thinking the "capture the flag" modus is something that suits Arma ... but thats just me)

Go with a team. Go on servers that require a password (get from a site). Go on sites where theres proper leaders/admins.

sorry alex, but I am when it comes to that I am more in the mod of a "casual gamer" as said it takes anyway already enough time to find servers with "players" around and I really feel not the need to get on a page, get their password, search for the server which might not even have people on (which is likely).

This community is not very big compared to other games like DoD, CS or even Insurgency where you have the choice of several hundert different servers and thousands of players.

call me lazy if you want, but other Multiplayer games manage quite well to have limitations inside that keep such people and idiots simply away. Red Orchestra for example would automaticaly KICK anyone out of the game that gets more then 2-3 team kills where people dont "forgive" the team killer. When you set a enemy vehicles engine on fire, you would still get a team kill message when it explodes (which seems to not happen in Arma it seems tha the pilot ALWAYS gets the team kills).

hmm. Spawnkilling isn´t really an issue in AAS anymore with the current release Beta 08/ Maps V.04 because there is working spawn-protection now. Of course it can still happen but you have more time to react now as long as you´re invulnerable after spawning instead of getting killed still having a black screen as it was before.

Teamkilling has never been a big issue on our server, however a teamkill-related autokick as we had in JO would be fine. Maybe that´s something for the Wishlist here.

Talking about Class-Restrictions isn´t easy but AAS for ArmA2 is still Beta, so there is more to come...

Edited by BCA Cat Toaster

It doesn't matter if spawn protection is working or not. The fact is that if you want to capture something in AAS, you HAVE to camp the enemy spawn in one way or another, or else they simply spawn faster than you (since you have to travel 1-2 minutes every time while they only wait 10 seconds). With a decent spawn protection I wouldn't be surprised if AAS games would often end in a tie. Spawning into a hot zone is something that should not exist in a game that is even remotely trying to be tactical.

But that´s what AAS is all about! If you outnumber your enemy in his current perimeter, he can´t spawn anymore in the "hot zone". The key is to reach the enemies perimeter with you attack-squad without being seen and enter it in the right moment of weak defense. That can´t be reached by running the direct "lemming-routes" one after another without teamplay, agreed. Of course, if both teams are really on par, it´s not easy to win but isn´t that the fact in all kind of games?

Here is the thread to discuss it in the AAS project space.

What you neglect to acknowledge Cat Toaster is that some people are just saying

a different system would be better for gameplay.

It does no matter how it was in JO or that there are ways to still overcome it.

What people like me are saying, for equal teams it is very hard to capture a zone.

Even more it reduces the gameplay to this very specific aspect rather than to have

both teams make best use of the terrain and their equipment.

Playing in the same area for a long time is boring and defeats somewhat the purpose

of multiple zones.

Very hard to capture a zone, or require spawn camping in the case of no spawn protection. Either way it's very bad gameplay, and the real reason I avoid playing AAS.

Sneaking up to a zone is not always an option. Players should be able to choose whether they want to play sneaky or just kill everything. Killing all defenders once should make capturing a zone a no-brainer. Currently you need to kill defenders faster than one every 10 seconds in order to get a capture, which is pretty much impossible when playing with better players with spawn protection, and requires spawn camping (to kill faster than one every 10 seconds) when there is no spawn protection.

Also, if the suggestions are taken into account, then the respawn timer can safely be removed, as the travel time will be more than enough of an "effective respawn timer", even if the missions are greatly reduced in size.

Makes the AI maps seem weak and pathetic!

All PvE is. I tried a hold style game on a server that had 100 people on it, great fun.

definitely, Hold is the game type for this game, Coop is getting boring(With the super AI on steroids stuff), and there's nothing better than facing humans!!!!

EDIt: Forgot the most important detail, Plus the PERFORMANCE (FPS, Quality) is better since we do not have the damn AIs.

ACE2 will be the only thing that will bring Coop back to this game, plus of course a couple of more patches, and maybe some more and then some more, maybe a little bit more and probably by then.

Edited by Gringo85

Personally I got a bad taste of both Berzerk and AAS... The times I've tried them it wasnt particularly fun.

The Berzerk game sucked because the zones where too far away from the base and in wide open terrain (ie insta-kill from AT). Not to mention everone was acting like morons.

The AAS game sucked because everyone was acting like morons period. There wasnt anything wrong with the gameplay mode really, it was just that there where no one playing it. Well except me and one other guy out of 20+. Everyone had an utterly pointless deathmatch between two uncappable zones and ignored the one they where supposed to go to. Note to AAS mission makers: Dont make mission with zones in a "V" configuration.

Why does everybody rip on CO-Op maps?

Have you ever considered that people take time, out of there busy schedules, to make these great maps, and the PvP community spends all day saying how boring the AI and how overpowered it is.

If you dont like Co-op, keep it to yourselves please, I am an avid Co-Op fan, and belive it or not, Ai can be challenging and fun.

/Rant

P.S. this should be moved to multiplayer...

Respawn was created by the Devil himself. Once there was MP-paradise, then players took bite of respawn. It's now doomed to limb as degenerated form of it's former self.

Edited by Second