Sign in to follow this  
Binkowski

US Army 2009 Units

Just make a text file and keep it on your desktop. Copy and paste different loadouts into it for easy reference when mission making. Something like:

Riflemen:
removeAllWeapons this; this addMagazine "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"; this addMagazine "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"; this addMagazine "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"; this addMagazine "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"; this addMagazine "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"; this addMagazine "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"; this addMagazine "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"; this addMagazine "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"; this addMagazine "HandGrenade_West"; this addMagazine "HandGrenade_West"; this addMagazine "HandGrenade_West"; this addMagazine "SmokeShell"; this selectWeapon "ACE_M4A1_ACOG"; this addWeapon "ACE_M4A1_ACOG";

And then just paste it into Arma 2 when you need it. Speeds things up a lot. ;)

Everything.

To name a few,

- Improved textures, models, the works.

- Optimized for performance, with the largest model having 4 sections.

- New ACU pattern. :yay:

;).

Will they still have the old ACU patterns as well or is it obsolete now?

Yeah the textures look great hope they look like that in First person because I rarely use 3rd person. :)

I donno if you have implemented your new UCP texture yet, but those still look way too light/faded. those look like the first generation of lighter ACUs that have been badly over used and are in dire need of DXing

let me empathize: WAAAY to light. WAY

Edited by That guy

I gotta agree. They do look quite light. Why dont you use the ACU texture from your SF units? It looks awesome.

So much to do, so little time. :confused_o:

Take your time.

It was just a suggestion. Instead of messing around making new textures right now. Just use your Generic SF ACU Camo.

well, instead of giving advice, i suggest to the people who want the units in their own taste , can try to make their own units. he is a man of taste, if he does something, be sure that he does it for his own taste.

Also, he's a busy dood. You know the arma community, you can't satisfy every person with just an addon. There are hundreds of addons which addresses different tastes. try those.

Edited by Gungoren

The camo swatch Bink is using is 100% accurate. The problem lies in the ArmA lighting mangling the colours beautifully - it's just the way it is. I think you can all rest easy that Bink will darken his units when he gets time... he does serve, after all.

The camo swatch Bink is using is 100% accurate. The problem lies in the ArmA lighting mangling the colours beautifully - it's just the way it is. I think you can all rest easy that Bink will darken his units when he gets time... he does serve, after all.

Spot on mate. Thank you.

Anywhey,

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1543770#post1543770

Continue your bickering there :rolleyes:

Just wondering if there will be an "ACE compatible" (no backpacks) version of the '09 US Army units like the '08 ones?

No need for the standalone version of ACE compatible ones. But those icluded in ACEX could be without backpacks...

Edited by Max255[PL]

Hey are I the only one that have problems with the replacements. The problem is that not all my soldiers will be replaced. If they are in my group most often the MG unit will not change. Or if a soldier is only by himself, not in my group and another group only self. he's not change either. I have ACE2 and arma 2 patch 1.05.

---------- Post added at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

The soldiers that not change are MG, Automatic rifleman, Offduty soldier and the officer.

Hey bink, wondering if you can help me ...

Im using your soldier_p3d from the sample soldier you put out for download!

can you tell me the paths where they need to be please? i keep getting this error!

Also what is the hll file? i cant find that anywhere!

help-3.jpg

Thank man.

Edit: hope you can give me as much detail as possible, ive tried and tried and still with nothing!

someone needs to make a tut with how and where to put the files for each of the paths, not only for this but with maps etc.

Edited by DarkXess

Its official now. New camo for US army, looks nice though. Be cool if we could see an reskin for the units Bink, i know ya bizzy and all so when the time comes be cool to see them in this camo. Here the link http://www.army.mil/-news/2010/02/20/34738-soldiers-to-get-new-cammo-pattern-for-wear-in-afghanistan/index.html?ref=home-headline-title0

Its official now. New camo for US army, looks nice though. Be cool if we could see an reskin for the units Bink, i know ya bizzy and all so when the time comes be cool to see them in this camo. Here the link http://www.army.mil/-news/2010/02/20/34738-soldiers-to-get-new-cammo-pattern-for-wear-in-afghanistan/index.html?ref=home-headline-title0

Woah, they officially adopted multicam?!

I know Bink hates multicam, but interesting news nonetheless. I wonder if the Army soldiers in OA will get multicam now as Takistan=Afghanistan basically, and the screenshots showed them in ACU :rolleyes:

Woah, they officially adopted multicam?

Say it ain't so, mate! :(

At least the U.S. Army isn't too shy about throwing money around, unlike the U.S. Navy, but that's another story.

hmm didnt see that coming... just copying us brits :)

You guys aint using real multicam ;)

Plus the Army has been testing multicam in the stan since December, along with an ugly ACU with Coyote Brown mixed in, called UCP-Delta, which looks like an ACU uniform rolled around in mud lol.

Gotta say I always knew multicam was the future ;)

You guys aint using real multicam

haha we officially adopted a pattern by crye first lol

as has been said, it will be interesting to see what BIS do with regards to Op:A

Ya i think its an step forward in the camo for the US Army. That ACU realy did stand out in the woodland parts and open fields. Its very different and does make them blend in the environment. Would also like to see how BIS will go about the camo.

Edited by 1in1class
need

Okay for the last time, I'm sick of Multicam. Personally, I hate the pattern. But not as much as I hate UCP-D. So, yeah. Only dudes that wear Multicam that I make will be any type of future SF.

Lol did not know you dident like the new camo bink, till AnimalMother92 said that your not to the likings of the new multicam. Any way nice to hear you put the new camo to the SF units.