FP : DR - News & Discussion

Will you be buy Dragon Rising?  

318 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be buy Dragon Rising?

• Yes, I definitely will buy it.
    • No, I definitely won't buy it.
    • I will decide based on the demo.
    • I will decide based on reviews.

I agree, the story is stupid. USA "savior of the world", i'm really fed up with that. USA are not the only market for video games.

I am European and I dream of a game, with a European army kicking in the arse of the United States:D

i really wonder what You saw then :)

Things that fanboys cannot see through their BIS glasses.:)

Talking about BIS/CM glasses isn't constructive.

It would be better if you would list OFPDR features which show OFPDR>ArmA2

Things that fanboys cannot see through their BIS glasses.:)

Like?

Just saying "fanbois fanbois fanbois fanbois fanbois fanbois fanbois fanbois " and not actually providing any points sounds just as bad as the "fanboys" you're talking about...

For the record, I still have problems with OFP:DR for:

Muddy terrain

Overall blury feel (kinda like BF2 - where everything just looks smooth/blurred into its self - especially with the troops and weapons, theres no hard definition to anything)

Low detail on the terrain, theres vast areas populated with 3 or 4 bushes and not much else (no procedural grass etc)

"Fake" weapons - cheap code that has the bullets spawn from the soldier in the direction of his target and NOT in the direction of his weapon.

and many more I cba to list here...

Like?

Just saying "fanbois fanbois fanbois fanbois fanbois fanbois fanbois fanbois " and not actually providing any points sounds just as bad as the "fanboys" you're talking about...

For the record, I still have problems with OFP:DR for:

Muddy terrain

Overall blury feel (kinda like BF2 - where everything just looks smooth/blurred into its self - especially with the troops and weapons, theres no hard definition to anything)

Low detail on the terrain, theres vast areas populated with 3 or 4 bushes and not much else (no procedural grass etc)

"Fake" weapons - cheap code that has the bullets spawn from the soldier in the direction of his target and NOT in the direction of his weapon.

and many more I cba to list here...

ArmA2

http://www.armaholic.com/pfs.php?m=view&v=4-arma2_preview_gamestar_april_19.jpg

OFP2

http://www.ofp2.info/ftp/pics/news/pics1/pcgofp5.jpg

ArmA2

http://www.armaholic.com/pfs.php?m=view&v=4-arma2_preview_april_pcdome_44.jpg

OFP2

http://www.ofp2.info/ftp/pics/news/pics1/pcgofp8.jpg

ArmA2 (Hand in Gun)

http://www.armaholic.com/pfs.php?m=view&v=4-arma2_preview_april_pcdome_33.jpg

OFP2 (No hand in gun)

http://www.ofp2.info/ftp/pics/news/pics1/pcgofp4.jpg

ArmA2 (NV)

http://www.armaholic.com/pfs.php?m=view&v=4-arma2_preview_pcgames_april_1.jpg

OFP2 (NV)

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/5797/2r4ph1t.jpg

Also

Better Physics,Animations,Destructible Enviroment,Destruction system of Vehicles,Control of 40soldiers (4 squads of 10 men),35km viewdistance you need more?:)

Better Physics,Animations,Destructible Enviroment,Destruction system of Vehicles,Control of 40soldiers (4 squads of 10 men),35km viewdistance you need more?:)

Maybe it's time for you to take off CM fanboy glasses?

and lol at 35km viewdistance

i really wonder what You saw then :)

I saw that the press is handling it as the sequel while they cal your work "theyr own thing", so you can call your lawyer :). But sad that the writer of the preview haven't play OFP, it seems he even don't know it.

About the preview: Sounds nice. The wounding system and the respective effects seems to be interesting. Also there are difficulty option that affect the UI-information. And a built-in artillery strike. 35km visibility, bullet penetration system that simulate the different calibre and even the lead AI designer aren't able do walk 100m without beeing shoot by someone :).

Yes that is what i've expected from OFP2. Not a 1 to 1 copy of the original, but an interpretation of it by CM.

Now i just hope that both "fractions" will release soon a demo, almost just as "hardware check", because it's out of question that i will buy both games :).

Edited by Fumo

Maybe it's time for you to take off CM fanboy glasses?

and lol at 35km viewdistance

I dont even have a single CM game.So your post is ridiculus at least.:)

P.S. : And to be honest I really dislike CM when they cancelled the Sensible World of Soccer remake for PCs.

Edited by KorpeN

Here is a new preview of Operation Flashpoint 2

http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/operation_flashpoint_2/preview-1640.html

IMO from what I read and saw OFP2>ArmA2

What have you seen to convince you of that, I'm not flaming, I just want to see more media to help form my opinion. At this point all the previews outline basically the same things, and the videos don't even come close to ArmA 2 in my, however biased, opinion.

What have you seen to convince you of that, I'm not flaming, I just want to see more media to help form my opinion. At this point all the previews outline basically the same things, and the videos don't even come close to ArmA 2 in my, however biased, opinion.

Take a look some posts above to see.

Also take a look at fumo's post.

I did, and I'm further convinced that ArmA2 is still the proper quality from this type of game. But no matter what I say I'm just a fanboi like the rest m i rite?? omg!?!

Nice of you to choose some of the worse looking ArmA screens, serves competition purposes.

@Ptolemaios: The screens that you provided to compare the games are like comparing apples and bananas. CM's screens are edited, BIS' screens are not. CM's screens use anti-aliasing, BIS' screens do not. BIS screens are obviously ingame, but are CM's ingame as well? We can't tell.

Comparing games by their look and by what the game developers tell or have shown in render videos is nonsense anyway. I'm no fan of either of the games and will buy those that are fun. But calling others "fanbois" without having any valid argument supporting your point is really weak.

I did, and I'm further convinced that ArmA2 is still the proper quality from this type of game. But no matter what I say I'm just a fanboi like the rest m i rite?? omg!?!

Nice of you to choose some of the worse looking ArmA screens, serves competition purposes.

Come on pick some of the worst OFP2 pics.Make my day.

Also at hardrock.You are wrong the pics I posted are from videos ingame.

Any other excuse?If yes find a good one plz.:)

Edit: As the pics of ArmA2 I put arent ArmA2 in game.Am I wrong?

Aside from the muzzle flashes, which are supremely overdone in both, these shots dont really compare, one from 1st person one from 3rd person.

The ArmA shot does suffer from alpha sorting bugs

4-arma2_preview_gamestar_april_19.jpg

Aside from the overdone noise, there isnt really much to comment on in the ofp2 screenshot. Its not that special either. CoD4 looks nicer in some outdoor maps.

4-arma2_preview_april_pcdome_44.jpg

Overdone bloom in ArmA, and a viw distance set very low. We can also assume that Aniso and AA were set to low/off, and object detail is set to medium/low.

pcgofp8.jpg

Overdone noise again in ofp2, and a rotor blur you'd only ever see through a camera (so since its supposed to be simulating your eyes ingame, its wrong)

Theres lots of conflicting screenshots from ArmA2 about hands in weapons/hands place properly. In some the hands are right, in others they are not. BI say they've fixed IK, will believe that when I see it in the release.

Nothing special to write home about in the OFP2 shot tho, other than its again nowhere near this "35km view distance" and there is little to no detail in the background.

Not really a huge amout of difference between the two shots, dodgy fire in the ArmA2 one, but thats about it.

To be honest, most of these shots are really not comparable. You'd need shots from the same perspective looking at the same thing to be able to make proper comparisons.

Its also very hard to trust what is in-game and what is pre-rendered from CM, since the videos often look a lot less detailed than the "screenshots" they provide. I'd be tempted to call shenanigans on all but the NVG screenshot (since that is a cap from a video)

Also

Physics maybe. ArmA2 also has destructible environment? I've yet to see anything other than PR hype about OFP2's vehicle destruction. ArmA lets you control an unlimited number of soldiers, or 144 groups of unlimited soldiers per side. And I highly doubt 35km, maybe 3 to 5km...

So yes, I need more...

Come on pick some of the worst OFP2 pics.Make my day.

Like you've picked some of the worst screens of ArmA2?

Talk about double standards...

Also, ALL the OFP2 shots here are from CM's promotional material - i.e. setup to look its best. ALL of the ArmA2 shots are from a third party.

Maybe it would be better to compare BI's official screenshots to CM's official screenshots?

I don't see the point in arguing about it, especially when you cannot provide us with legitimate cause to believe your case. And there is no need to choose any DR pics, since I entertain delusions about even ArmA 1 looking better than the best DR pics, I would only be construed as a fanboy. I however am too lazy to compose side by side comparisons with which to demonstrate graphical superiority of a game from nearly 3 years ago. And besides, that would lead nowhere seeing as to how they're only still screens and do not necessarily represent how the game will be in motion. And besides all of that, the only points that you really consider to be valid are graphical. I'm out for whichever has the best gameplay in congruence with graphical prowess. Since I love the play style of OFP, which carried on (though a myriad of differences can be observed) to ArmA, and finally ArmA 2 it is a no brainer that I will most likely love ArmA 2 as well. With DR, its a wild card seeing as to how there is maybe 5 minutes of actual gameplay in motion to be seen, and the only info being from PR heavy previews, I just cant make a good opinion of the game. So after all this, the argument as a whole is pretty much void, with little to no info to really assess the quality. No definition of features is enough until its represented in real time. Such is where I stand, not in the faith that CM's 200 + team can carry out technological miracles within the span of time in which they plan to release DR.

Not to say that DR won't be the game to trounce ArmA in the genre war, but since ArmA has a proven dev team behind it, who know what they're working with, and update the community frequently with appropriate proof along the side of the feats they claim to have achieved (barring some of the downfalls of the preview version sent to journalists, and the old WIP excuse). If CM followed a similar code instead of throwing tofu biscuits to be devoured by info depraved fans, then maybe this argument could take place. :)

I dont give a damn If you believe my case or not.

I just posted my opinion and then the BIS bodyguards (if you bored of fanboys)

attacked me as I said something bad.Can anyone here have his opinion?

You know there are positive and negative opinions.

If you dont like negative ones pass over them.

Okay I'm sorry, but its not as if you weren't aware that you were probably instigating a retaliation. But what is the point of posing an argument in which your expected outcome is regarded with indifference?

Please, I implore, give us a feasible reason to look at DR as a worthy competitor!

I just posted my opinion and then the BIS bodyguards (if you bored of fanboys)

Ahh, the good ole "fanboys" defence...

On the flipside, why are people not allowed to have the "ArmA2 looks better" opinion? Why must everyone bow down to the "OFP2 is better" opinion and not post in reply to it?

Why is it that as soon as anyone is of the opinion that the competing product is better, everyone who disagress is instantly labled as a "fanboy"?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

Ahh, the good ole "fanboys" defence...

On the flipside, why are people not allowed to have the "ArmA2 looks better" opinion? Why must everyone bow down to the "OFP2 is better" opinion and not post in reply to it?

Why is it that as soon as anyone is of the opinion that the competing product is better, everyone who disagress is instantly labled as a "fanboy"?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

I wont deny harboring the least trace of being a fanboy, because I am in fact a great fan of BIS. But that is part of being opinionated, and being opinionated is part of being human.

Here is to solid DR info!:yay:

Look my post and then see the Dwarden's post.

I posted my opinion and then the mocking starts.

To make it clear I dont give a shit about CM or BIS.

I ll just play what I believe is better.Until now I play ArmA cause it the best FPS in my opinion.Until now.

Make it bold you think its better or more convising?