1. 1. Will you be buy Dragon Rising?

• Yes, I definitely will buy it.
    • No, I definitely won't buy it.
    • I will decide based on the demo.
    • I will decide based on reviews.

But it runs at 60 FPS on a console!

Edited by Baff1

But it runs at 60 FPS on a console!

Though upscaled from 1024x600 in order to run at that framerate.

ok further to my previous post I went back to EB in Adelaide today 24/04/09 and took some pictures of what I found :)

DSC00118.JPG

and

DSC00119.JPG

DSC00120.JPG

Well, if it's only a display model, there's the chance that they were made before the decision to drop the editor in the console was made. If you have tens of thousands of display models made for the stores, it's somewhat impractical to dispose of them all and replace them because of one erroneous feature listed on the back.

Now, if they include the same mistake with the actual box, then they have themselves a problem!

Hehe, using pre-rendered images on the box, how "surprising" :h:

Will they offer support to play the game in other applications too, like 3DS MAX, Maya and Blender? :j:

They have to watch displaying that type of stuff over here in the States, we have 'Truth in Advertising' and 'product misrepresentation' laws. (too bad we don't have 'truth in politics' laws, but that is another matter entirely)

Yeah im really happy about the OFP2 box art, it looks fantastic and will stand out in the store for sure.

They have to watch displaying that type of stuff over here in the States, we have 'Truth in Advertising' and 'product misrepresentation' laws. (too bad we don't have 'truth in politics' laws, but that is another matter entirely)

The pics on the box look fine...

I dont see anything that shouts 'omg thats not what its gona be like !!!'.

Now if those exact screens were on the back of the OFP: Cold War Crisis thingy's box back in the day then there may be a case haha.

Edited by Placebo

Now if those exact screens were on the back of the OFP: Cold War Crisis thingy's box back in the day then there may be a case haha.

Actually it was more common to use renders or hand-drawn artwork "back in the day" since the graphics were somewhat limited.

Infact its still pretty common to have renders or hand drawn artwork on boxes, so really theres not much point bitching about it.

Boomar edit your posts instead of double posting please.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfvn8_gM1os&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcommunity.codemasters.com%2Fforum%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D349912&feature=player_embedded

Pretty sure most of you have seen this, but I want to say again, that the narrator is Petra known to putting arma on it's knees, but she seemed to like what she saw(praised atleast GUI, which she wanted to show)

So, I really wouldn't worry about CM screwing this up, until Petra wrecks the shreds...

PS. And to be fair, from what I've seen it does actually look much better than Arma 2 :'/

(Althought, I am still bying Arma 2 for the sake of Flashpoint even if it's a miss, so Arma 3 will be a hit or a miss)

Edited by Raphier

At last, a prolonged sequence of in game footage (some of which having already been displayed) by which to further etch an opinion for this game. From the looks of it, there appears to be a solid game in the works, though I still see so many disappointing things.

The animations are inhuman, and the movement speed also defines this quality (for arcade games).

The turret on the tank also moves quite faster than I would think plausible.

And I still dont really see any particular feature which looks better than ArmA (since you guys are so dependent on graphical analysis)

On the other hand, it looked like the AI has undergone improvement from the earlier vids, and the damage model for vehicles is bittersweet. For being so detailed, and illustrating individual components departing from the structure of the tank. But still burning out, having that large of an explosion anyway, unless that missile is confirmed to be a javelin or something.

In the end however, I'm sure this footage is pretty old, and DR has undergone some work since then. From what Petra said, there appears to be another shooter being released (hopefully not too early as she believes there is much more work ahead).

They should have an lcd screen for a box cover with a high powered micro-compter so you can play the game in the store on the box. Only then can game companies avoid false advertising suits. :j:

The animations are inhuman, and the movement speed also defines this quality (for arcade games).

Are you talking about Armed Assault & ArmA2?

And I still dont really see any particular feature which looks better than ArmA (since you guys are so dependent on graphical analysis)

I saw a tank drive over a car without being stopped by it, thats an improvement over Armed Assault, even if it is a little one.

OFP2 and ArmA2 are not out but from what I have seen they look pretty close in terms of being realistic and enjoyable. OFP2 has the advantage of improved damage models from what we can see, their sound is most likely going to be better (in fact I would bet on it) and their vehicles may befit from the fact the engine was made with racing games in mind - surface effects, breaking, steering, suspension, ect may effect ground vehicles for example where as ArmA as we know it is just a Johnny 5 style of movement (forward, backwards, turn, slide down light banked hills for no reason). CM can't be as bad as BIS when supporting the game too, their deeper pockets may be what puts them ahead.

Lets just hope they are both tip-top.

their sound is most likely going to be better (in fact I would bet on it

I'll bet you on that, from the videos I've seen the sound has been 3rd class.

Hope they worked on the AI since that vid.. One layed down, and the other sprinted right past cover to it's death. Sounds familiar? We shall see, both teams are tweaking and inventing... I just hope CM reigns in the AI that in one vid assaults an enemy already firing on them by (you guessed it) sprinting through the hail of bullets and even jumping over a rock straight to the enemy position.

at ~2:00

I guess I can only disagree, about the sound, and the support. From the examples of the new sound engine being cooked up for ArmA 2, I highly doubt they would leave weapon sounds out of the loop, as for now many that have been displayed are placeholders. BIS already does a great job supporting this picky community. And of course I'm talking about DR's animations being like pro runners on steroids while crouched with 90 pounds + of military equipment.

The OFP2 vids are extremely old, they are keeping tight lipped about the game. Good news is they are working on a game movie and should be out soon. Then we can judgde, since its recent work and represents what the game is like. Well i hope so.

and their vehicles may befit from the fact the engine was made with racing games in mind

See my post here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1271702#post1271702 where a previewer who actually got to drive some vehicles was rather underwhelemd by them...

CM can't be as bad as BIS when supporting the game too, their deeper pockets may be what puts them ahead.

Actually, because of their size, history and company type, CM are more likely to take the EA approach to game support - release 1 or 2 patches, then an expansion pack which you HAVE to purchase before you can get the next patch, then further payware content. Infact, it was the same model CM used when they published OFP and OFP:R. BI were ust good enough to provide some free content off their own bacs inbetween (if you check the patch history, pretty much all the free patches didnt have any CM involvement)

Lets just hope they are both tip-top.

Yup, fingers crossed...

OFP:DR is a laugh, look, not even the forum software can take it seriously :p

Honestly though, Its too bad they refuse journalist to record the gameplay footage they make.

I would love to seen more details, especially in regards of weaponsystems.

What's with the pics of soldiers using NV goggles during daytime? :confused:

Hi all

Why are CM still putting out pre renders rather than in game footage?

Why do we see nothing larger than a section?

Why is the entity count as low as 30?

Is it true that MP looks like it will be a maximum of 20 players; if that?

Why are there Still no Civilians?

Why are there Still no Jets?

When are we going to see some real in game footage?

Why are all the shots from a low angle?

Why are all the shots overlayed with a grain filter?

What embaresment are they hiding?

More questions Walker

The destrucion of the tank looked nice, but im afraid im not going to like the style of the rest of the game. (Alpha or not, the core of the gameplay is already defined)

Hi all

Why are CM still putting out pre renders rather than in game footage?

Why do we see nothing larger than a section?

Why is the entity count as low as 30?

Is it true that MP looks like it will be a maximum of 20 players; if that?

Why are there Still no Civilians?

Why are there Still no Jets?

When are we going to see some real in game footage?

Why are all the shots from a low angle?

Why are all the shots overlayed with a grain filter?

What embaresment are they hiding?

More questions Walker

Just referring to Walkers questions.

I am getting so annoyed at CM's ability to show this game as it is.

For over 6 months we have been getting renders and renders and CGI movies. We want to see the proper game and not photoshop.

One of the things that made me attached to ArmA II was the fact that BI released ingame material from the start, no renders, proper in game material, it may have been a bit edited to look nice, but it was still in game.

It's April almost May 2009, OPFDR is apparently going to be released in less than 6 months, but they still have not shown us proper in game material. Another thing is they have not made Civilians, Civilians were what made OPF and ArmA for me, they allowed Sahrani life which has entertained me through out the past 2 years. ArmA II's Civilians look even better than the previous two games.

And Jets, Don't even get me started on them, lets just say that they were so cool in Multi-player, to have a player as Close Air Support, and if he screws up, the main team dies. OPFDR just has a scripted air strike - not impressive.

Codemasters seem to be lazy and they are just making excuses not to have certain features in the game.

"But, its a relatively uninhabited island, and they were all evacuated, so no civilians."

"Uhm...you have a nice scripted airstrike to use on your command, so no flyable jets."

These are two examples where so many mission possibilities or simply possibilities in general, have been removed.