FP : DR - News & Discussion

Will you be buy Dragon Rising?  

318 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be buy Dragon Rising?

• Yes, I definitely will buy it.
    • No, I definitely won't buy it.
    • I will decide based on the demo.
    • I will decide based on reviews.

Are boomer and walker the total opposites but just as bad?

I suppose you could say they're the extreme right and left, in terms of politics. Just in the case of DR and ArmA II. :D

Are boomer and walker the total opposites but just as bad?

I will have you know I am far worse than him! :mad:

Dreck ?

Hi All

Definition: Dreck

n. Slang

Trash, especially inferior merchandise.

[German, dirt, trash and Yiddish drek, excrement, both from Middle High German drec, from Old High German; see sker-3 in Indo-European roots.]

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/dreck

Words are so much fun!

Kind Regards walker

I'm surprised people didn't like the models and animations in BF2.

I can understand them getting bored of the gameplay but graphically it was excellent.

I particularly liked the reload animation for the AK and the smoke dispensers on the tanks.

Any game that is able to match the graphics standard of BF2 is on my watch list.

Edited by Baff1

Hi ch_123

Yes it had that Wreck connotation as well.

Forums are a place of diverse viewpoints and educational too.

As you can tell I enjoy word play.

DReck seemed so apropriate somehow.

Kind Regards Walker

Edited by walker

Its funny how the BIS moderators warn only ppl who "defend" OFP2:DR after all that spam and off-topic by some members who are defending ArmA2 to the last breath.

Its funny how the BIS moderators warn only ppl who "defend" OFP2:DR after all that spam and off-topic by some members who are defending ArmA2 to the last breath.

So? Forums aren't democracies.

So? Forums aren't democracies.

I know by first hand ;)

Also I know that I am off-topic too so a warn should be fair.

Hi all

Is DReck just an attempt to sell a badly made BF clone in a BOX with the OFP name?

Consider the pictures in the previous threads.

Are CM just selling people a pig in a poke?

How can DReck be considered as anything other than an attempt to fool customers with a shoddy product wrapped up in a name, when it is missing so much of what was in BIS's original OFP1?

Is DReck underpowered?

Is the reason the DReck specification keeps being downgraded that the old fashioned DReck engine is fundamentally under powered?

Why else are CM: reducing the number of multi-player spots, cutting the entity count, removing civilians and Flyable Jets?

Why else have; CM decided not to have Wildlife, remove the Editor for the consoles, and make it external to the game rather than part of the game for PC's; than that DReck is just not up to the task of being a military simulation?

Am I the only one who thinks CM bit off more than they could chew?

And if the code in DReck is so badly written that it cannot even come up to the specs of BIS's OFP1, a game that is ten years older, then it is clearly going to be a hard sell, is it not?

Regards walker

Hi Ptolemaios

Nothing offtopic about that perfectly reasonable questions about; why DReck seems to have reduced the capabilities of DReck below those of BIS's ten year old OFP1?

Followed by questions about the DReck engines capability and why it is less capable than ArmA?

I then gave a piece of illuminating information on the definitions of "dreck" and a slight digression on its other connotations.

Normal everyday forum banter.

Kind Regards walker

There's a difference between a relatively light-hearted pisstake of a game mixed in with some serious arguments, and a guy who just posts lolcats and openly admits to flaming for the sake of flaming. :)

I have watched all the bashing back and forth and I gotta tell you I am with a majority out here that will play probably both no matter who made what.My money will go towards probably both but We will see which one stays installed. If one of em starts going down the 20 patch path like ArmA it will be added to the rejected closet.

hi njmatrix

With:

No Civilians

No Flyable Jets

Micro Battles

Micro Multiplayer

No Wildlife.

No Editor for the consoles.

Only an external editor in PC.

Limited urban environment.

I agree DReck will need a lot of patching untill those bugs get fixed.

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

Walker you really ought to just make a sig out of all that, its probably the 7th time you've listed what DR won't have.

Or are you just attempting to teach us all something using the method of repetition?

Theres seem to exist some people that just don't get the point.

If i was Walker i would say it again for those who don't understand.

And for those who still think that OFP2: Dragon Rice is the true sequel of what we all know.

edit: typo.

I'm surprised people didn't like the models and animations in BF2.

I like them also.....or use to, should I say.

But, they are far better looking than the few videos/screenshots I've seen OFP2 release.

If one of em starts going down the 20 patch path like ArmA it will be added to the rejected closet.

Better 20 patches to make it better (like OFP 1.46 -> 1.96) than 1 or 2 patches and then abandoning the product and it's customers because sequals/expansions generate cash, and patches don't.

Better 20 patches to make it better (like OFP 1.46 -> 1.96) than 1 or 2 patches and then abandoning the product and it's customers because sequals/expansions generate cash, and patches don't.

Sounds like Brothers in Arms 3

hi njmatrix

With:

No Civilians

No Flyable Jets

Micro Battles

Micro Multiplayer

No Wildlife.

Kind Regards walker

Hi right back to you.

What you mentioned aren't "bugs" They are considered content. Because they aren't there doesn't mean they were supposed to be.

Civilians must be extremely difficult because BI sure didn't get em right either unless zombies was your intentions. I personally could careless about if I seen another stick figure walk by in a semi unconcious state.

As for all the rest I am honestly not looking for 300 man warfare because I have yet to see it supported by ArmA community. I mean sure you all make these huge ass missions and except for Warfare and Evolution no one plays it . I have a family, a wife and a child and a job i can't waste 6 hours of time devoting to 1 all day mission. If I did I would play Joint Ops International Conflict. They have 200+ players each campaign.

Jets I could careless about as well. I don't fly and if I did it would be LOMAC not Arma series I would fly in.

As for Animals I have em in VBS1 so nothing new for me and another ho hum addition. I mean a puppy running around in circles just doesn't do anything for me. Now if they attacked you like COD5 THAT would be a hell of an edition and I would be like THAT is awesome. Would make UO interesting anyways if you could send dogs in first.

Anything console I really could careless about as well. I own one and rarely play it. My 4 yr old plays it more than I do (and she agrees Spyro is more fun than ArmA).But for conversations sake just how many console games come with map makers? 2 maybe? Do you play either one?

Micro multiplayer is awesome due to the fact again i am not unemployed,single and have no life nor childless. I can get one with a few friends play a couple rounds (Like i do now in OFP,Vegas,GR whatever) Before or after dinner and i get some good times in with friends and we didn't have to devote half the night to finish 1 mission. I love CTI and CCE2 and Evolution but if we play there is usually just a few of us and we play mostly smaller self made missions.

External Editor doesn't faze me. I used externals for GR,Doom,Duke Nukem 3d blah blah blah so i can adapt.

Limited Urban Inviroment is one I am not sure what you are talking about. Because as most of the stock islands I have played in OFP,VBS1 and ArmA were ALL limited Urban Warfare. I mean that statement contradicts your "we want big battles" mentality you stated.I mean if someone added up all the little cities in a stock map (a church,fountain and a fence ISN'T a city btw). I am sure the total will be quite low compared to the open areas.

Anyways not defending OFDR vs ArmA 2 just not closing my mind to either for consideration. I am sure both will have their problems and setbacks. They won't be perfect. I mean they will never be Ghost Recon :D

Hi njmatrix

In the words of the late great Freddie Mercury

I want it all

And DReck has none of it.

Heck it does not even have what BIS's OFP1 had.

Why the heck would anyone want a game like DReck that does not even have the capabilities a 10 year old game like BIS's OFP1 has?

Why the heck would anyone want a game like DReck that can not even compete with a game like BIS's ArmA I for functionality?

Why the heck would anyone want an old fashioned game engine like DReck that has made no attempt to match the modern capabilities and quality that ArmA II is attempting?

Are CM trying to sell their customers a pig in a poke?

Why would anyone want to buy DReck dressed up in another products name?

You do not buy watches in a Bangkok street market for 50 baht because they have Rolex and Cartier printed on them so why would anyone buy DReck?

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

hi njmatrix

With:

No Civilians

No Flyable Jets

Micro Battles

Micro Multiplayer

No Wildlife.

Kind Regards walker

Those arent bugs, those are (non)features and wont get patched. ;)

EDIT: Too late.

Are CM trying to sell their customers a pig in a poke?

Why would anyone want to buy DReck dressed up in another products name?

You mean like BI selling Arma as game then saying they weren't motivated to finish it and it was just a money maker for ArmA2?

Edited by njmatrix

Walker you can stop with the DReck thing, really.