vilas

VILAS addons release thread

I don't think so. Looks like you have to duplicate, rename and repath the .pbos to use your skins. But that would require to create an addon.

I don't think so. Looks like you have to duplicate, rename and repath the .pbos to use your skins. But that would require to create an addon.

urghhhh

is there a list of binarized and non-binarized units so I know which ones to not waste time with?

All ArmA2 files are binarized, with the exception of the sample models that are available somewhere on this forum.

I don't know a list of models that support hiddenSelectionsTextures either. Easiest way to find out probably is to unpack the ArmA2s.pbos and have a look at the configs.

All ArmA2 files are binarized, with the exception of the sample models that are available somewhere on this forum.

I don't know a list of models that support hiddenSelectionsTextures either. Easiest way to find out probably is to unpack the ArmA2s.pbos and have a look at the configs.

so this is why vilas included a new model for the AH-1Z I guess. He retextured it there or allowed the model to be retextured

where can I find the open source arma 1 models again?

You'll find them here. Armaholic has them mirrored, and I believe armedassault.info does as well.

AH1 in Arma is 2 engines modern version, in P85 it is 1 engine older version for 1985

p.s.: you guys should decide on one developer forum...

i stated forum, i am surprised that other people try to make own "P85" forum

GossamerS please do not double forums

Edited by vilas

Work is going well on the upcoming P'85 update :)

Some questions: Mi-24D, Mi-24V and Mi24P are all suitable for both USSR and DDR, no? As is the Su-25 for the Soviets, I guess.

I'd also like to know if Poland and DDR used the BRDM-2 ATGM.

D.

Work is going well on the upcoming P'85 update :)

Some questions: Mi-24D, Mi-24V and Mi24P are all suitable for both USSR and DDR, no? As is the Su-25 for the Soviets, I guess.

I'd also like to know if Poland and DDR used the BRDM-2 ATGM.

D.

Excellent!

One good resource to use is WinSPMBT, a free updated version of Steel Panthers with a detailed encyclopedia based on serious grognard research. There's an absolute wealth of information regarding weapon designations, ammo capacities, relative armour strenghts etc.

DDR:

BRDM-2 designation is SPW-40P2 - image here. There's a site about the NVA here.

• SPW-40P2 AT-3 (6rnds), 1971-1990
  • SPW-40P2 AT-5 (15rnds), 1989-1990
  • Mi-24 Hind-A, 1971-1990
  • Mi-24D Hind D, 1977-1990 (AT-2 Falanga-M), 1986-1990 (AT-6 Kokon)
  • Mi-24V Hind E, 1986-1990

Poland:

• BRDM-2 Fal-M1 (AT-2 Falanga-M1, 8rnds), 1967-1985
  • BRDM-2 Malutka (AT-3, 12rnds), 1970-2004
  • BRDM-2 Konkurs (AT-5, 10rnds), 1979-2004
  • Mi-24D Hind D AT-2 Falanga-M1, 1977-1991
  • Mi-24V Hind E / AT-6 Spiral, 1984-? (Mi-24w is Polish designation, WinSPMBT incorrectly says AT-5)

Interesting - Poland also appeared to mount ATGMs on Mi-8s.

Hope that helps!

Pete

:)

Many thanks!

Ok, so no ATGM for the DDR (because the one we have is AT-5) and no Mi-24V too (out of time frame).

But all seem to be suitable for Poland.

But Vilas has the final say on these matters of course.

How bout doing 2 core vehicle configs and just using the AT-5 model?

* 9P133 with 9M14P "Malyutka-P" (AT-3c)

* 9P148 with 9M113 "Konkurs" (AT-5)

Better to have the unit than not - you don't normally see the ATGM in flight! :)

Ah - this brings back the old days of working on CAVS for OFP . . . stashed away a lot of weapons/vehicle data for reference.

We should prob move this to Vila's dev forum . . .

Edited by TermiPete

We should prob move this to Vila's dev forum . . .

yes, because we already messed BIS forums with ideas about what sound , what mode , what class to use

and i messed BIS forums with "usual everyday update of addon after bug found by community" (cause i try to update and fix every noticed bug as soon as i can and in effect i mess with 5 versions in 5 days)

so there we can do bug tracking, votes and here inform when final effect is achieved :)

http://www.createforum.com/vilas/

cause people who visit this tread will lost in information , while here i can keep more clear information politics

bugs and ideas from here of course will be copy-pasted there (as people ideas of new backpack for P85 German troops, icons work on P85, even after struggle about shape of helmet to be 100% sure that helmet is okay)

ideas for config classes aka "add medic for ABC troops" etc.

Edited by vilas

You're absolutely right, Vilas. Thanks!

@moderators: please look after the clear seperation of addons complete and discussion forums. Thanks!

*vilas

In recent time in other mod thread's you have said that you have some russian tanks.I know them werry well and I am using them since the release day. I just didn't want to "trash" offtopic on the other mod's threads.

Since I tested alot Soviet armour from P85 by Vilas.

I found some let's say bug that need some work in next patch/fix etc.

- All thanks have "shining" caterpillars tracks in shadow's. They look more bright. Then commander of T-55&T-62 cant look around while insude the turet.

And It would be nice feature if you and team could make tank barrel kick when shoot fired. And some new engine sounds!

Overal this is great addon and this minor fixes would make it even better.

So sorry and thank's Vilas!

2015 seems optimistic...

why post here anyway ;)

Edited by caprera

maybe to do such addon :D

but i am full of work now and of course T50 would deserve addon, but better addonmakers who do jets very high quality will do it

it looks like mig29 on steroids lol

Or the bastard lovechild of a Mig29, F22 Raptor, and YF23 Black Widow II. Very cool either way!

YF23 Black Widow II

Mainly because of the rudders ;) beautiful bird

Hey vilas, props on the weapons pack. Its a pitty ace doesn't use them. Anyways, what about an RPG-16?

Hey vilas, props on the weapons pack. Its a pitty ace doesn't use them. Anyways, what about an RPG-16?

Yeah hopefully one day we will have a super mod for ARMA 2,

after all Variety is the spice of life.

BIS should have implimented ACE systems from the start anyhow.