vilas

VILAS addons release thread

Pretty amazing SVDs you got there and the NSPU3 also looks pretty awesome, looking forward to those

1P21 will be done too

i guess i will equip older with 1PN58, newer in 1PN51

example:

AK74 + NSPU2 (AKMSB too)

VSS + NSPU3 (maybe AK74M too)

SVDM + 1P21

edit:

w.i.p. screens

NSPU-3 and 1P21 (zoom 3-9x)

http://www.armaholic.eu/vilas/scr/nspu3.jpg

http://www.armaholic.eu/vilas/scr/1p21.jpg

Edited by vilas

question to people:

as i have no time to make all myself, i ask - is there a person who want to do CDF and Chedaki reskins of BMP1 or T-80 or T-64 or 2S1 or BTR60 ?

i am planning to release soon east vehicles pack

i will try to prepare models with hiddenselections as BIS to easy change texture (i hope i can do it, i am poor coder)

but i will try , i don't plan to do CDF or insurgents reskins , but i think it would be good to have some BMP1, 2S1 and others in other camo than Green color or Russian camo

my help will be giving UV outlines to easy show edges of elements, thanks to UV map you see elements how they are on model

Edited by vilas

I'd certainly be interested :)

But my texturing skills are lousy at best (as you will soon see in the next version of my Afican units...).

But I think many people would be very grateful if you release your vehicles with hiddenSelections and UV outlines.

question to people:

as i have no time to make all myself, i ask - is there a person who want to do CDF and Chedaki reskins of BMP1 or T-80 or T-64 or 2S1 or BTR60 ?

i am planning to release soon east vehicles pack

i will try to prepare models with hiddenselections as BIS to easy change texture (i hope i can do it, i am poor coder)

but i will try , i don't plan to do CDF or insurgents reskins , but i think it would be good to have some BMP1, 2S1 and others in other camo than Green color or Russian camo

my help will be giving UV outlines to easy show edges of elements, thanks to UV map you see elements how they are on model

Vilas i want to get with you on the side about this. I am working on CDF Su-24 fencer, D-20 howitzer and a few other things as a sister project for PRACS.

Desert (Iraqi) camo please! :)

Tino

i offered it some time ago to person who worked on desert veh.

but if you wish, maybe you can try to do it and you will have addon ;)

just edit colour from green to sand and save texture

if you are familiar with Photoshop or Corel , it can be done quite easy

like M109 in sand colour too

Hey Vilas,

The BMP1 can be done farely easily by using existing Arma2 BMP2 CDF and Insurgent skins as the remain the same basic textures as the ARMA1 textures the bmp1 is based on. I have a BTR60 Skin but is is rudementary at best. I was playing around with it for kicks but you are welcome to it. Someone could probably do much better.

Lamar

@Vilas,

I d'loaded the new version of the us armour pack,and the M109 doesnt work with the Arty module.

Has anyone tested this?

I d'loaded this addon 3 times now hoping that the M109 is Arty module compatable.I dont have a great deal of monthly d'load time.

All this could have been avoided if someone just tried the thing prior to release.

Hey Vilas,

The BMP1 can be done farely easily by using existing Arma2 BMP2 CDF and

i made new one, more realistic, so old skin or BMP2 reskin won't work

@Steve:

The M109 works with Arty module and player, but the AI won't shoot indirectly.

No clue why, AFAIK vilas has set up everything correctly. You have to add the new magazine types to the BIS list of arty magazines manually by srcipt btw (something like:

BIS_ARTY_ORDTYPES = BIS_ARTY_ORDTYPES + [["vil_m109_sph", "HE", "vil_PALmag_HE"]];

)

D.

removed w.i.p. picture

Edited by vilas

removed w.i.p. picture, added now almost finished version

SV-98 (model made in Oxygen only), model and serie as those which i seen in MVD spetz-naz photos, i know there is new stock , cause i received photos

now only 9A91 left to do and maybe Vikhr (if is in use by more units than just President protection agents )

sv98.jpg

what, except Makarov, is now popular pistol in Russian forces ?

GS18 ? PYA ?

Edited by vilas

after SV-98 special thx ;)

I hope this weapon will be added in ACE2 :rolleyes:

I have to send you some more SR2/3 photos if you still need some more stuff ;)

Btw great work on the SV, even if the green it's not supposed to be the deadline color afterall...

1) it depends of ACE , but as addon, you could be using this with ANY mod you want, it will just addon, so no matter what "gameplay" mod is used , as it inherit in config from game values (more or less)

2) yes, specially top-view and sight details of SR2

3) yes, so PYa (Yargin) as i supposed must be done too, so pack will be after Christmass (also depends on reticles, icons cooperation, addon will be released as i will do Pya, SR3, and cooperation results on reticles and icons)

Stechkyn will be in pack the same as P85 APS and APS SD ( Besshumny)

Edited by vilas

magazines ?

BIS AK magazines used in my AK(74, 100) AEK971, Abakan and 5.45mm and 7.62 mm weapons if fit capacity...

BIS SVD magazine used in SVD, BIS PK mag used in PK, PKM, PKP, PKM scope etc.

my magazines are : 40/45 rounds RPK, 20 rounds for Groza, although i can make BIS VSS 20 rnd mag to be used in Groza too, as it is 9*39 SP5/6 ammo

RPG7 will use BIS ammo , not BIS magazines (engine limitation "model special")

balistics - BIS-like, but improved to realism (in some weapons shorter AI range, worse accuracy)

for better "game" reasons (not realistic) i can even give second line in config and SV98 can use SVD 10 cartridges

so most of weapons will be using BIS magazines

only because of engine limitation - RPG with scope can't

of course flame thrower/thermobaric RPO-A Shmell will have own magazine/ammo and RPG29 will have own, very strong ammo

Edited by vilas

@Dimitri,

Thanks for the reply.I have edited the cfg of the M109 to fire the 122mm D30 wep and mag and the M109 wokrs well for Indirect fire supprt with AI and the Arty Module.

It seems the problem lies in either the wep,mag and/or ammo.But at least we know the Vehicle works with the Arty Module.

when tests will be made i can release T55 (Rygugu made), T55 modernised, T62, T64, T72, T80 B/Bv/U, 2S1 addon

someone is interested in beta test ?

those are tanks like those from P85, but added A2 shaders, used BIS sounds/weapons/reticles/crew

it is "separated" because some people want T80, T64 but not want download whole big mod , the same as i made with Bradleys + M109

simply if it works ;)

because i have no time to check all myslef (real life duties)

edit:

regarding SV98 issue i found 2 scopes are used , so i made both:

http://www.armaholic.eu/vilas/scr/svbs.jpg

Edited by vilas

I just got my holidays today, will be more than happy to help.

vilas

Thank you for your amasing work.

You are now creating new T80 models so my question is What do you think about simulating Active Defence Systems for this tanks(Arena E,Shtora 1 etc)? Is it really so hard to be done? I am asking because all modern russian tanks(T90V,T72BA even modern t55 and APC BMP 3M) have such things installed but there was not any addon putting them in to the game.

Short video in russian about A.C.D. on T90

P.S. If you need info abot russian weapons and armor in english (more then 1800 pages of forum))

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?t=99988&page=1809

Edited by DenisRUS