Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

ARMA II Beta Builds Released: Latest version/build: 1.04.6xxxx

Actually I noticed still get some mouse lag, but the stuttering and constant freezing of the mouse movement makes it very hard to play at all.

that just doesnt make any sense as mouse smothing was for the cars as maruk said but just wasnt needed lol.

Well, it does make sense, and as far as I can see, not only for me:

Actually I noticed still get some mouse lag, but the stuttering and constant freezing of the mouse movement makes it very hard to play at all.

However. In the BETA-patch a very strange and annoying mouse stutter was introduced. It's like it freezes and then let's go for a microsecond or two all the time. It has nothing to do with graphics, since it runs very smooth if I just run wothout using the mouse. Tried all kind of different settings in the background (windows) but nothing helps.

Anyway, I will try to play with NvidiaCP settings for arma2.exe, maybe the problem is only on my side.

Edited by Pauliesss

I installed the new beta Patch, thought it would not be change much..

But now all my sound problems with automatic rifles and mouselagg is gone :yay::yay::yay:

Thumbs Up for that one :D

Sorry didn't find any thread for this =>

Edited by Cionara

No Mouse Smoothing! Argh - Not good.

I just noticed the whole ARMA feeling is gone. Its way too responsive and on top of things - i cant move the aim smoothly anymore. It feels like it moves over bigger pixels when moving slow. Cant fine-move the aim to hit things (small things) far away. It skips pixels so to speak.

This is catastrohic if we dont get an option for this. This is serious and no whine from me. Move fast and its good. Move slow and youll notice it skips. Jaggy movements and hard as f*** to land the aim on far away targets.

Make it optional please BIS - or maybe this can be done with a slider?

EDIT: This is NOT just on vehicles. Im playing it right now. Its as "easy/quick" now to aim as BF2. At least for me that didnt have mouse lag before. This might be the saviour for those that had mouse lag. Need it as option or the game is bust for me.

Alex

Edited by Alex72

What about the Smoke Grenades? BIS Rendered them damn near useless in the 1.03 patch unfortunately. Hopefully it's fixed.

What about the Smoke Grenades? BIS Rendered them damn near useless in the 1.03 patch unfortunately. Hopefully it's fixed.

Yep, it's fixed. At least for the white ones anyway, not checked the others.

If these beta's are going to be frequent releases, I would like an email alert.

Is this available or possible?

The removal of mouse smoothing made it unplayable for me that didnt have mouse lag...

Like BF2 now but worse. It skips pixels and even though i have 5 speeds on my mouse - the slowest is fast as f***. Unplayable. ARMA feeling is gone. Completelly.

Glad you mouse laggers are happy though.

No Mouse Smoothing! Argh - Not good.

I just noticed the whole ARMA feeling is gone. Its way too responsive and on top of things - i cant move the aim smoothly anymore. It feels like it moves over bigger pixels when moving slow. Cant fine-move the aim to hit things (small things) far away. It skips pixels so to speak.

This is catastrohic if we dont get an option for this. This is serious and no whine from me. Move fast and its good. Move slow and youll notice it skips. Jaggy movements and hard as f*** to land the aim on far away targets.

Make it optional please BIS - or maybe this can be done with a slider?

EDIT: This is NOT just on vehicles. Im playing it right now. Its as "easy/quick" now to aim as BF2. At least for me that didnt have mouse lag before. This might be the saviour for those that had mouse lag. Need it as option or the game is bust for me.

Alex

Thanks Alex, this is exactly that thing that I was talking about in previous posts.

Edit: the game become almost completely unplayable for me. We need mouse smoothing, at least, please, give it as option.

Edit 2: if someone still cant see such problems with beta patch, try to turn off the Floating Zone(slider to the left) and you will notice the problems we(with Alex72) have.

Edited by Pauliesss

Noticed that i cant even move 180 degrees anymore with the mouse smooth gone. Before i swung around backwards to check things etc, but now i get stuck in a smaller arc. Add erratic behaviour like being on speed plus having spasmic tics.

Followed a helicopter in my scope and it kinda jumps hard back and forth, up and down... Yeah it certainly seems to be crap for us withouth mouse lag.

But im hoping for that this might be a new step forward to either make it optionable wich would help both camps wich is superb. But also maybe mouse smooth can be done with values? Lower to higher. Now that would be great, and i think ive seen values on mouse smooth before in games/configs.

Alex

The game seems less fluid. When moving the mouse around the looking is less fuid, but strangely the game seems to run smooth in general.

The colors look brighter.

It does work great, and A2 has always worked fairly well. It's nice to see another improvement.

Hopefully now we can get rid of all the drama queen crying about patches/betas/etc. This new development shows why BIS is such a damn good company. They obviously do as much as possible to address the gripes of the community and are very community-oriented.

It's amazing some of these whiners haven't noticed that yet. Thanks BIS, and thanks to all for maturely voicing they're suggestions/critics. Keep it up, these fellas listen.

BIS rocks!

Great work on these beta patches Maruk and everyone else. Mouse respons is MUCH better.

However, the postprocess settings are still bugged (default to low everytime you start the game - there is a thread about it).

Also, we still do not have the option to enable/disable Vsync in the game. This is the only game in the world that force Vsync ON without letting users disable it.

Performance still needs to be optimized, but i am sure you are already working on that for 1.04.

The removal of mouse smoothing made it unplayable for me that didnt have mouse lag...

Same here.

Unplayable now, sadly. But hey, it's a beta patch.

But the overall performance is much much better now and I can use AA again.

Xeno

I'm going to wait and see how many servers install it; otherwise great work if all of the issues mentioned above are fixed! Especially smoke, Pliskin was longing for some can & satchel versus tank action. :D

I'm going to wait and see how many servers install it; otherwise great work if all of the issues mentioned above are fixed! Especially smoke, Pliskin was longing for some can & satchel versus tank action. :D

Notice that the beta patch does not affect your original games, or shortcuts. So when you install a beta patch, you have access to your regular 1.03patch game, aswell as the latest beta. Just save the Uninstall_ARMA2Patch_1_03_beta file so that you can uninstall the beta when you want to!

Amazing initiative, to say the least.

This will ensure better results, less tears and less drama after the incoming patch releases.

-----------------------

Regarding the BETA Patch in question:

- Most of the reported fixed issues are indeed, fixed in-game.

-----------------------

Now, it would be greatly appreciated that you would focus on the 2 following significant aspects of the game :

- Objects Drawing (Engine Streaming when advancing).

- Performance.

- Vsync issue.

Regards,

TB

This patch is already pretty good, I'm glad they turned off mouse smoothing, I always turn it off in all other games, I don't need any feature which adjust the sensitivity to my hand movements speed.

Maybe they should add an ingame option to those used to play with this..

Finally that saturated sounds bug vanished, I can finally play Arma2 since Patch 1.03 release.

Plus that all sounds are delayed due to their speed, thanks a lot BiS. :yay:

Edited by dunedain

Like BF2 now but worse. It skips pixels and even though i have 5 speeds on my mouse - the slowest is fast as f***. Unplayable. ARMA feeling is gone. Completelly.

Raising the aiming deadzone seemed to put it back to pre-beta for me.

---------- Post added at 09:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 AM ----------

Does it affect a steam install?

It runs like a mod. When you install it, it installs to a folder called "beta" under your arma2 folder. Then you have a shortcut which basically runs "arma2.exe -mod=beta", running the normal shortcut or removing the "-mod=beta" from the end runs the normal non-beta version

Works with Steam, I think the new mouse movement sucks, it feels like I'm use a trackball with grains of sand stuck in it. Is it just me or did anyone else not know what the hell this reported "mouse lag" was. Never had a problem now it feels like counterstrike pixel to pixel, or skip 5 because the performance isnt' great on my machine.

You realise you can reduce the sensitivity in the control options? :confused: (Assuming you didn't try it already)

For best accuracy, use a higher DPI setting on the mouse and reduce the setting in-game.

That does sound like a problem I had in Medal of Honor Airborne...

Might be a good idea for BIS to make mouse smoothing an option though, your post shows that some people might need it.