Sign in to follow this  
gms

Mauser 98k (0.6b) and MP40 (2.0) by gms

Hey guys, I'm pleased to announce release of my addons, which I originally was making for ArmA 1. This little weapon pack consists of MP40 submachine gun and Mauser 98k carbine (available in several versions: standart, with bayonet knife, with Zeiss telescopic sight and version, which allow you to fire rifle grenades). All models feature ArmA 2 supershader effect (this delayed release a bit as old tools didn't allow this effect to be applied on binarized weapon. Hopefully, with freshly released new tools this is no more a problem) and were carefully modelled after real-world prototypes. Hope you'll like them.

Versions :

Kar98 version 0.6b

MP40 version 2.0

Requirements:

ArmA 2 v.1.01 or higher.

Credits:

3D, 2D, config by:

- gms

Classes:

Mauser K98k:

- "gms_k98"

- "gms_k98_mag" - magazine

K98k with bayonet:

- "gms_k98_knife"

K98k with zf39 optic sight:

- "gms_k98zf39"

K98k with rifle grenade launcher:

- "gms_k98_rg"

- "panzergrenade" - grenade

MP40:

- "gms_mp40" - weapon

- "gms_mp40_mag" - the magazine

Thanks to:

- BIS for excellent game without which there would be this addon :)

- SMERSH for various***help

- NSX for screenshots.

- scubaman3d for help with models.

The rest in the readme.

Screenshots:

2d0ab93b7653.jpg

9500ee49c4e4.jpg

Download:

Jep...realy good addon... thx for this! Now we need a Mg42/34 in this quality... and than sth. for russia ... *dreaming* :D

Regards Culti

Edited by Cultivator

Thanks gms :smile_o:

ArmA2Base.de Mirror:

MP40 by GMS

Mauser 98k by GMS

Kind regards

Miller

Jep...realy good addon... thx for this! Now we need a Mg42/34 in this quality... and than sth. for russia ... *dreaming* :D

Or maybe Gewehr-43 and SWT-40 :D

Nice models, but that K98's really inaccurate for some reason and the MP40 really lacks power.

Edited by RasdenFasden

Thx to all :)

I'll make more weapons, for USSR, Allies and Axis. just i need time :) Now then Tools 2 are released and i have no barriers to work :)

thanks mate!

downloading now

does this models support bolt action animation?

please continue your work in the ww2 weapons set

regards

Some little suggestion for your weapons... could you use an other sound for the k98... more like peeeng and not boff... sound for mp40 is good... ;).

The modells are great and if you could take some more metallic textures instead of dark grey it would be perfect... Now we need somebody who makes the cartridge release the barrel after reload and not after shot..

I found an relodanimation for M24 for ArmA2 somewhere a few weeks ago... perhaps you can ask the designer for using it in your addons... it looks quite good..

Regards... Culti

@-rF- Cultivator

The sound is a first in my todo list after modelling a new weapons :)

Then everything else.

Thanks, these are really well made. Keep up the good work.

Great models you have. My game crashed though when I went from 3rd person to first person when having the grenade of the Kar98 selected, might have been my end. Also the sounds are rather quite. Also might be good to make some unit classes with the weapons already. Other than that good work!

hey sorry for the noob question but i put them in my addons folder but how do you select it in the editor?

Get a soldier in the editor and type this in it's init field;

removeallweapons this; this addmagazine "gms_k98_mag"; this addweapon "gms_k98"

Replace "gms_k98_mag" and "gms_k98" with any of the other classnames found in the start of this post to kit the unit out with a K98 with bayonet or all the other weapon variations included. Several instances of this addmagazine "gms_k98_mag" will obviously result in more magazines being added.

Great models you have. My game crashed though when I went from 3rd person to first person when having the grenade of the Kar98 selected, might have been my end. Also the sounds are rather quite. Also might be good to make some unit classes with the weapons already. Other than that good work!

I'll see it. Grenade launcher cup and bayonet are not complete. I have need to make this thing:

pix4104646843.jpg

If anybody has a better photos of it, i'll be

grateful for help

hey gms anyway can you get this addon to be in ammo crates

best regards

hey gms anyway can you get this addon to be in ammo crates

best regards

this addmagazineCargo ["gms_k98_mag",10]; this addweaponCargo ["gms_k98",2]

in your Ammo or Vehicle init line.

Hi i found these pictures... but they are not much better than yours...

http://www.aboutww2militaria.com/January2009/launcher%20(5).JPG

http://www.aboutww2militaria.com/January2009/launcher%20(11).jpg

http://www.germanmilitaria.com/Heer/photos/H071558thumb.jpg

You can also find some pics on these Page http://www.fjr2.be/Pagina%2017%20-%20Heavy%20Infantry%20Weapons.htm

My grandpa had some of this ... but he throwed it into the river a few years ago... don´t ask me why... :D

Regards... Culti

Edited by Cultivator

Loving the K98 by the way! Been hunting Chedaki with it for an hour straight now - When you hear the bolt rotate, it's already too late.

EDIT: For the future I'd love to see some old weapons fitted with modern scopes - Like Cobra's, PSO's or similar, it would add a bit of spice and some "makeshift" feeling to the insurgent groups in the game.

Edited by GoOB

That would be pretty interesting actually, seeing an classic rifle mounted with more modern optics.