Sign in to follow this  
IrishDeviant

Arma II is going on the shelf...

I'm shelving the game not just for technical issues but for gameplay issues as well...

It's just too damn frustrating...

And I spend too much time tweaking FSX and playing LOMAC and BS to give this game it's fair share of time.

Get hot BIS, and I'll be back.

Although I'm sure you won't miss me...

I'm also shelving this game. Most things were fine until Dogs of War, now I can't even complete the campain because of crashes.

I'm also shelving this game. Most things were fine until Dogs of War, now I can't even complete the campain because of crashes.

Yes make sure you don't touch other aspects of the game it's much better just putting it away :confused:

I'm shelving the game not just for technical issues but for gameplay issues as well...

It's just too damn frustrating...

And I spend too much time tweaking FSX and playing LOMAC and BS to give this game it's fair share of time.

Get hot BIS, and I'll be back.

Although I'm sure you won't miss me...

Did you manage to create a config for FSX where the screen doesn't exhibit tearing ? I have tried everything and I still get a weird texture type tear similar to vsync off but not as bad.

PM me your tweaked config if you managed it please :)

With latest beta patches I am officially de-shelfing this game, it has finally reached a state I would consider playable.

Now if only ACE 2 and Fromz PLA mod would come out :D

With latest beta patches I am officially de-shelfing this game, it has finally reached a state I would consider playable.

Now if only ACE 2 and Fromz PLA mod would come out :D

:icon_eek:

IxAKFlpdcfc

The ribbon-cutting ceremony is about to start. Bring a Mayor :yay:

Edited by sparks50

I thought that it was determined that windows xp 32 works best? Why play the default campaign when there are soooooo many other great missions and complete, not broken, campaigns.:confused:

seriously from reading the replies in this thread i would put windows 7 at fault. ..... i'm not really going to fully comment until i install the game sunday. but so far and in all honesty...

AMD Athlon 4200+ X2 2.2mhz

field of view GTX 260 vid

2 gig of cheap mem 677mhz

xp media 2005 sp3 32bit

the demo runs flawlessly....on medium settings.

on the same settings with draw distance to max it lags like hell. but i'm putting that down to cpu.

Why play the default campaign when there are soooooo many other great missions and complete, not broken, campaigns.

Yes!

Lets also not forget the game is a custom game, if certain missions or campaigns dont work,:756: then....................................make your own:computer:!

I dont think theres one other game that can compares to the beauty of OFP,Arma, and ARma 2 editor, not since OFP 2001!

did i metion theres an editor too. :icon16:

when is 1.05 out? is it even coming?

are they doing operation arrowhead instead, and forgetting this one?

:j:

I dont want to be rude but cmon man. Please spend some time checking the forum out before asking these questions. OA has nothing to do with ARMA2 since its the devs that are finished with ARMA2 that is working on OA. Also since they fix the engine in OA and find new ways of improving the endinge those fixes come to ARMA2 as well thanks to the making of OA. Thats not a bad thing.

Next, the patch. Will it come? Are you serious or just want some rude reactions? Have you ever browsed the beta section of this forum? I guess not. Cause if you had you would by now realize how far BIS has come with ARMA2. Much better performance and better AI as well as many other things. Betas are necessary to test the upcoming official patches. To let them be tested on a lot of computers and see that they really work. This is an ongoing process and its going well.

Please check the beta forum and the rest of the forum please. You might discover that things arent as bad as you think.

Open your friggin eyes and start read in the beta forum :mad:

^what Alex72 & JW said^

BIS do more beta/patching than most... and they all easy to get and use.

Yeah well, given his lack of observation we're now going to get asked about if the beta mod overrides his installation, or how he enables it, or something. Personally I've given up trying to help such people anymore. It's just... Laziness, to not be able to see that there has quite clearly been many patches since 1.04. Or perhaps it's this common apprehension against things with the words "beta", which is ridiculous in the case of BIS' beta system.

I don't understand all the upgrading to a new MS OS, in my case XP runs fine. If it ain't broke don't fix it, I even run XP64 for the more demanding applications, except ArmA of course. Play pretty good on XP32.

I am feeling a bit lonely with my X1900XT when I look at the usual specs on this forum. :D

Man, I still keep getting the instant CTD when saving a game (with the latest beta).

Last line in the log gives me the "cannot commit" thing.

Hope thats fixed in 1.05. Id really like to play past Dogs of War!

And we should be interested about this shelfing and deshelfing because..?

Hate to be negative but I'm with ya.

With those specs this person should be fine to run the game.

And let me guess of course this person tried reading the optimizations posts (about 50 of them now of different users with their own results)?

ultimately sounds like opting for the lazy option of just giving up and complaining then actually tweaking their own custom built machine that could actually be part of the problem.

They can't make settings for everyone ya know.

Optimize, optimize, optimize.:p

Man, I still keep getting the instant CTD when saving a game (with the latest beta).

Did you remember to restart mission after using beta patch?

Same here. I really wouldn't like to give up playing Arma2 but that ctd thing pisses me off so much that I'm pretty close.

Did you remember to restart mission after using beta patch?

Yes, Im at the beginning of the mission so there is no "revert" option.

(The scene in Dogs of War where your guy talks for about 10 minutes about retaking the north)