Sign in to follow this  
IrishDeviant

Arma II is going on the shelf...

I have days when it's unplayable due to CTD's and freezing followed by days without problems it's getting very frustrating.

So it's not just me then. The 'freezing' issue I'm facing now is making the game unplayable. Driving through the hills in 'Mission 5 - Razor Two', the game locks up after a few minutes of play...:-(

Windows 7 x64

Sager NP9262, Intel Core 2 Quad 9300, 4 GB RAM, GeForce 8800M GTX (512 MB w/current 186.81 driver)

ARMA II patched to 1.04, playing at recommended detail levels

...Bummed as I've been enjoying the game. Wondering if I'll just have to put it on the shelf until 1.05? :(

So it's not just me then. The 'freezing' issue I'm facing now is making the game unplayable. Driving through the hills in 'Mission 5 - Razor Two', the game locks up after a few minutes of play...:-(

Windows 7 x64

Sager NP9262, Intel Core 2 Quad 9300, 4 GB RAM, GeForce 8800M GTX (512 MB w/current 186.81 driver)

ARMA II patched to 1.04, playing at recommended detail levels

...Bummed as I've been enjoying the game. Wondering if I'll just have to put it on the shelf until 1.05? :(

Exactly what happend to me a while back, I stopped playing totally for 3 weeks and then tried again. It ran 4 days with only two crashes and I could play for hours.

The following week the freezes started again every 5-10mins, it's not temps I've checked.

This week it decided 25-30mins was the maximum I would be allowed to play.

I've tried all the Betas so I don't hold out much hope for the 1.05 patch having a fix.

I've completely removed the drivers and re-installed them which helped a little.

I suspect the problem is my GeForce 8800 GPU.

repete try community made campaigns and missions.

They are even better than BI's work.

I already deleted this game. And I really dig the games motion capture, visuals and sounds.... and my rig runs it awesome. But patches come way too few and far between. And the sp game missions are azz. Oh well.

But patches come way too few and far between.

Compared to which other developer I wonder? So far we're getting a patch a month and the opportunity to test the betas in development, I've never seen a game better supported by patches.

Oh well.

Funny, that's just what we're all thinking.

But patches come way too few and far between.

Goto the beta section, don't forget to install beta it doesn't install like a full patch release you can use it and then use normal as a choice.

No one can say that compared to others this is bad .. christ I used to play Raven Shield ... that was patch funtimes.

The beta section has BIS replying to requests, theres been 3 betas all looking at AI fixes in the last 2 weeks alone. No other place will you get that.

Mind you many are complaints ref the campaign .. and well, I cant defend that ... nor do I bother with it to be honest. If you use Arma2 and put everything in judgment on the campaign then .. well ... yeh I can only agree, but thats 20 percent of it.

Edited by mrcash2009

Such people whom say "azz" and only seem to care about the visual aspects of a game are best left in the dark. Especially when they start to complain about a lack of developer support without even noticing that the developer is releasing a patch a month, at the least.

I already deleted this game. And I really dig the games motion capture, visuals and sounds.... and my rig runs it awesome. But patches come way too few and far between. And the sp game missions are azz. Oh well.

Bye bye :wave:

1.05 isn't far away I think. just wait.

:)

Sure hope it fixes the instant CTDs I get when trying to save (auto or manual) in Dogs of War. I cant play anymore until thats solved.

beta 60393 still doesnt help

Sure hope it fixes the instant CTDs I get when trying to save (auto or manual) in Dogs of War. I cant play anymore until thats solved.

beta 60393 still doesnt help

Well you could play community created missions, play mp or play around with the editor. It's not like the campaign is the only part of the game and it's useless without it!