Sign in to follow this  
=Spetsnaz=

Would you like to see a WW2 Eastern Front Mod?

Would you like to see an Eastern Front Mod?  

373 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see an Eastern Front Mod?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't know

Hi, I am wondering if anyone came across any information or knows if there will be an WW2 Eastern Front Mod for ArmA 2? I know some WW2 Mod Teams are out there but they are mainly focusing only on Western Front ( I44 for Example ) ,I know Vila's had some models and weaponary based on Eastern Front.

I tried the Liberation War Mod for OFP and i am surprised by the shear amount of units,armor and aircraft there is.

Now i know there will be some WW2 Mods being worked on for ArmA2 but my main concern is the fact they will be more focused on the Western front / D-Day scenario.

However i am deciding on whether to start learning and maybe creating a mod for the Eastern Front myself, but the problem is i am a newbie in making models/reskins, or whatever it is with ArmA/ArmA 2 modding. Maybe if can get the right direction on where to start, or some advice and information about creating mods, i could learn and then maybe start working on such a mod. One of my friends from NZARMA says it took him a year to fully understand how to skin and model.

I am really new to this sort of thing, but i myself would like to see an Eastern Front WW2 mod for ArmA 2, but from what it looks like i didn't see any for ArmA 1 exactly, and i don't think there probably will be on for ArmA 2 either, i know there were a few for OFP but the mod developer team for liberation war mod for example hasn't been active i suppose.

Any Suggestions? Opinions? Advice?

Edited by =Spetsnaz=

Personally, i dont care for anything ww2, because there has been so many games / mods about it. Besides i like more modern warfare.

WW2 has been done to death! Gimme a mod on an interesting war instead, there are many to choose from throughout history. How about a Sri Lanka mod? Play as part of the government forces to crush the rebellion as in real life or be the Tamils and try to change history.

Of course, cant wait for long. So just refer to some WIP screenshoots here

http://forum.armedassault.info/index.php?showtopic=3606&st=60&gopid=64973entry64973

Yeah, seems lots of other games have used such topic and scenario regarding WW2, and none of them really do a nice job about it. Still expecting for some great job about it.

Edited by RUDOLF

I know some of you may dislike the WW2 aspect and yes it has been overdone, but seeing the eastern front scenario in ArmA 2 for me would be amazing, with alot of vehicles, weaponary, units would be sweet. I am a WW2 Fanatic, i love reading books,watching movies and playing games involving the WW2 scenario. But anyhow its something i would be interested in, but then if i directed to another conflict i would probably have less interest in it.

Hmm..

Eastern front hell yes. Western front, not so much.

OH GOD PLEASE! Been waiting for something like this since the game came out! Anything WWII is good for me.

Yes,we want to see that kind of mod with very long campaign.:D

Definitely want an Eastern Front mod, 'graveyard of the Wehrmacht' and all that.

I disagree that 'WW2 has been done to death', though there has been a narrow focus, largely on the Western front, with the Eastern front basically being Stalingrad and the capture of the Reichstag.... It'd be nice to be able to simulate the battles in the thousands and thousands of villages of Eastern Europe and Germany that were fought over too!

Is there anyone else besides me that feels that there should be a german campaign aswell? I think that would be really cool.

Blitzbomber, sounds good, but this would mean German language in-game. Is this possible?

By the way, I voted "I don't know" because what makes a mission or campaign interesting is the story and the gameplay. If the rectangular window through which the tank driver sees the world is said to belong to a Tiger or to Leopard does not make a difference to me.

I see what you mean alpha-kilo, but its always nicer to blow something up when its covered in swastikas.

At the same time, there's something undeniably cool about the sinister factor of Waffen SS, etc. That's why all the WW2 re-enactment people are always struggling to find people to be Brits, Russians, US, etc. even normal Wehrmacht, everybody sees the Hugo Boss and goes crazy for it!

Plz no more WW2 Stalingrad etc, those were the most boring levels in CoD5 imo.

Why not try something really new? WHAT-IF scenarios would be cool.

Operation Sealion - WHAT-IF the RoyalAirForce would've failed and the Germans would've tried to land on the english coastline?

Now that would be an interesting scenario. :)

the RoyalAirForce would've failed and the Germans would've tried to land on the english coastline?

Germans just stopped couple of weeks too soon,after that raf would've been done.Interesting scenario,i agree.For me it's much nicer to blow up something with white star on it.:D

I say yes. Eastern Front had an atmosphere all its own, and it'd be a shame to waste the idea given that the current atmosphere in the game is more than fitting.

I vote "Yes", of course ;)

Would be really, really nice to play WW II in ArmA²,especially Eastern Front !

Edited by KidDynamite

FWW2 mod makes eastern front, but not quite on terms that general main stream thinks :p

It would be really nice to see some properly done eastern front mod for ArmA2.

It's good to know there will be quality Soviet soldiers then, Von Rundstedt :)

I don't know if my computer could handle something like the clashes at Prochorowka during Operation Citadel, but I would love seeing the countryside and dirt roads leading through small villages. Even if it were on a small scale I would be happy to have something.

I would love seeing the countryside and dirt roads leading through small villages. Even if it were on a small scale I would be happy to have something.

I agree there defianently need to avoid "Battle of Endor"-syndrome on this. Small village fights or skirmishes in country side, no Stalingrad, Moscow, Oder-river, Berlin etc. stuff, those we can play in CODs

I sort of diesagree with how some people are saying that they shouldn't make the famous large scale battles as they have been overdone. My opinion is if they can do it while taking advantage of all the game's features and capabilities, it will become something much more interesting than CoD5. Small village skirmishes are great but be sure to throw in some large battles as well.

One thing that I feel simply must be done with an ArmA2 easten front mod is the battle of kursk. The largest tank battle in history. I would love to see that attempted and i feel that this is one of the only games that can pull it off.

I also love the idea of the what-if campaign. The idea above (germans invading england) is great. What about also if the Japanese hadn't attcked Pearl Harbor and the Americans hadn't entered the war?

One last thing that I think would be great is some 1946 scenarios. What if the germans had held the allies off long enough to complete some of they're very ambitious projects? Things like the Maus (Panzer VIII) tank, guided missles, supersonic jetfighters and other things.

That's the beauty of the setting, the vastness of the plains would provide a perfect venue for a battle such as large as the Kursk offensive, or an element of it.

I'm thinking of in wich part of the eastern front the mod will be placed?

Heeresgruppe Nord, Mitte, Süd?

Which Date? the invasion or the bloody retreat?

I prefer the walk of the Heeresgruppe nord, to Leningrad, the demyansk pocket, going back to kurland...

I'm thinking of in wich part of the eastern front the mod will be placed?

Heeresgruppe Nord, Mitte, Süd?

Which Date? the invasion or the bloody retreat?

I prefer the walk of the Heeresgruppe nord, to Leningrad, the demyansk pocket, going back to kurland...

Hehe. Might as well have made a poll with both options being "Yes", since I've never seen people turn down the opportunity of getting a free mod :p

I would personally be most interested in an early-war scenario, since it hasn't really been done in first person perspective before (most games that do start with Stalingrad). Armygroup North sounds interesting.

You guys never heard of Red Orchestra (Germans vs Russians on the eastern front) :eek:

You gotta try driving a Panzer through a Russian artillery barrage :) or taking command and laying down a barrage yourself.

Bolt action rifles (some SMG's and auto's as well) , trajectories and ballistics. One of the first games (way back when it was a mod) to incorporate these.

And now they're working on "Siege of Stalingrad" (RO 2??) with the newer engine.

So...don't think ArmA2 needs a WWII mod because it can't offer more than what's already out there...:j: