Sign in to follow this  
mcruppert

Star Wars Stormtrooper

or create another class, and add the following line of code:

attendant = true

Is this OA compatible? It only works for me with vanilla Arma 2. When loaded with OA, the legs are all crushed up into the body and the model is sunk into the ground. Am I missing something?

I cant get this to work on vanilla, OA nor CO.

Everytime the legs are inside the body or whatnot... weird. See video:

Also i get an error about a missing jetpack.paa

+ A2 crashes after i leave the editor.

Might this be problem with 1.09 or vA2?

step by step, here's how to make a mission like you was on LSD

1 - take this mod

2 - make a mission with the US army trying to defend a FOB

3 - instead of takis and russian, you put these guys

4 - now you add custom music

5 - then you put in reinforcement the battlestar gallactica vehicules

6 - ?????

7 - jizz in yo' pants

Hi for me having a SW mod would be amazing but i understand you completely if you dont have enough time to continue with the mod.

The real life is the first for all of us!!!!

In my opinion all you can do is make it public, allow others to finish it, giving you the credit.

Thanks for all those videos and pics! I will be waiting for a mod of SW, who knows maybe it will come with arma 3? jejjee

Regards from spain!!!

any news about this mod?

why the dev wouldn't release the original model files so others can finish building this mod?

Because he has disappeared and not posted in this topic for ages. Remember addon making is a hobby, things like real life do have to come first sometimes!

Because he has disappeared and not posted in this topic for ages. Remember addon making is a hobby, things like real life do have to come first sometimes!

Right, but why not release MLODs then so others can finish it if he isn't going to?

I was playing around wtih the Zetaborn units that IceBreakr included and a few of the sounds are definetly from Star Wars. It made me think of this mod and how ArmA 2 lacks a complete star wars mod!

And who are we to debate over someone's reason to do anything? Sure, we do miss a lot of content, and seeing mods going down and falling into the unfinished abbys is sad - but the addonmakers don't owe anyone anything. As said thousand times in different topics by different people -> This is just a hobby and we simply cannot assume that one will think about the community or his ufinished addons when preoccupied with n-times more important real life issues. Sure, we would many times wish it was not the case, but we also can't 'expect' any specific behavior from anyone here. Maybe he lost motivation,maybe he lost his HD data, maybe he just does not want anyone to work on his unfinished stuff (which btw. he has full right to)

And who are we to debate over someone's reason to do anything? Sure, we do miss a lot of content, and seeing mods going down and falling into the unfinished abbys is sad - but the addonmakers don't owe anyone anything. As said thousand times in different topics by different people -> This is just a hobby and we simply cannot assume that one will think about the community or his ufinished addons when preoccupied with n-times more important real life issues. Sure, we would many times wish it was not the case, but we also can't 'expect' any specific behavior from anyone here. Maybe he lost motivation,maybe he lost his HD data, maybe he just does not want anyone to work on his unfinished stuff (which btw. he has full right to)

Nobody said they owe it to us to finish it, but if he didn't lose the files in an HDD crash, why not let somebody else finish it? I don't have a sense of entitlement, it's more like I hate when people can't finish projects (for whatever reason), but they don't let others finish it for them and instead the addon stays in an abyss of doom.

Now if he did lose the work in a crash, then w/e, tough luck.

Like I said, people have their reasons, and whatever their motivation might be - it's always their decision. There's no other way but to accept it. Even if it's not what we would like the most...

If a project is worth it - perhaps you can somehow find the author on some other message boards and ask the question yourself? For W39 I literally dug a few people out of the ground just to have a simple 'ok' to use a model of theirs (sometimes it was users inactive since 2007...lol). It takes patience and time, contacting the administrators of a forum, or site (they can have some alternative emails or whatever). But sometimes it works. Maybe McRuppert is to be found after all and would not mind after all.

At this point someone else may as well just start from scratch, it's been years...

Absolutely heartbreaking that this died. With the support from more people, this could have become the SW battle game that fans dream about.

I have to look into this...

VRYUKI

Please don't dig up old threads.

Closing. If the author wishes, he may contact a moderator to have it reopened if there is some news.

§10) Do not dig up old threads

Threads older than 4 months should not be dug up unless something significant is being added. If in doubt as to what is "significant", contact a moderator and they will give you their opinion. As always old threads will remain open or be closed at the moderator's discretion. Digging up an old thread simply to ask "any news" is also not acceptable, PM the thread starter or mod leader to ask.