Sign in to follow this  
CptArmA2

ArmA II launcher by alpinestars

The New Launcher seems to go nuts on a endless loop with an update of CAA1 "x" directory. Only way to stop it was to RESET and remove the CAA1 directory.

I tried the @ before "x" no good same problem. Any solutions?

The New Launcher seems to go nuts on a endless loop with an update of CAA1 "x" directory. Only way to stop it was to RESET and remove the CAA1 directory.

I tried the @ before "x" no good same problem. Any solutions?

ME TOO!

Need help.

ME TOO!

Need help.

All,

I think I found the error. If mods are in a folder beginning with ...\E... the internal function RegEx stops working :(

Therefore I created a Version 2.0.4 RC1, please try it and give me a feedback. To use it, you must delete the *.cfg and *.profile or just reset the Launcher.

ArmA II Launcher 2.0.4 RC1.zip

Hint: The Version 2.0.4 RC1 will not work for an automatic update!

Thx,

alpinestars

Hi CptArma2,

thanks for the Launcher, using it alot!

One small bug I encountered on my system, if you go to the parameters tab, the 8 upper checkboxes have no text attached to them.

Its like the text is invisible, although the tooltips still work.

works like a charm, love this launcher, thanks for your great work

Is it me or does this launcher load everything backwards? I was playing on the Zeus server last night and the admin pointed out that ACE wasn't installed, of course I wouldn't of been able to log onto the server in the first place without ACE installed.

I checked the load order and compared that to what was displayed on screen when joining a server and sure enough mods which were way down the bottom of my mod priority list in Alpine's launcher were being loaded first, with ACE and the beta patch showing up right at the end.

Is it me or does this launcher load everything backwards? I was playing on the Zeus server last night and the admin pointed out that ACE wasn't installed, of course I wouldn't of been able to log onto the server in the first place without ACE installed.

I checked the load order and compared that to what was displayed on screen when joining a server and sure enough mods which were way down the bottom of my mod priority list in Alpine's launcher were being loaded first, with ACE and the beta patch showing up right at the end.

I noticed the mod list being displayed on-screen like this too. I'm not sure if that is the order its being loaded in tho. The boss should be able to answer that.

The mod list on first tab is in alphabetical order, the mods are loaded in the order set in "mods" tab. Mods with a high prio are loaded last.

The mod list on first tab is in alphabetical order, the mods are loaded in the order set in "mods" tab. Mods with a high prio are loaded last.

Well that's counter-intuitive for starters. High priority generally means 'comes first' :rolleyes:

As far as I understand the rule is: "last loaded prevails". Thus the highest pririty mod has to be in the last position.

Thus the highest pririty mod has to be in the last position.

That's correct!

CaptArma: I've not been looking at the first tab, I'm talking about the 3rd tab over where you can change the load order.

At the risk of sounding obtuse it might be worth swapping the terms low and high priority around then, since it's a tad confusing as it stands at the moment.

4GWvI.jpg

'Cos to me that looks like highest priority should be up the top. Am I being thick?

CaptArma: I've not been looking at the first tab, I'm talking about the 3rd tab over where you can change the load order.

At the risk of sounding obtuse it might be worth swapping the terms low and high priority around then, since it's a tad confusing as it stands at the moment.

4GWvI.jpg

'Cos to me that looks like highest priority should be up the top. Am I being thick?

Do not consider about high prio at top or bottom, just set the order beginning with the mod with the highest priority.

Usually high prio comes first, that's what I implemented in the 3rd tab. No big deal :)

alpinestars

I just installed the latest version, 2.0.3. Before this i used 1.6.x which worked fine.

I deleted all old cfg files before running the new version. Now it keeps saying, "New or deleted mods detected in ArmAII directory. Application will restart.", forcing me to restart endlessly. Also, under Mods it shows all the subdirectories caa1 makes. Like this:

x\caa1\ArmA Worlds

x\caa1\Extra Worlds

x\caa1\Extra Worlds

x\caa1\Extra ...etc..

Not sure who's fault that is though. All those folders are really there and were created by Yoma's sync tool.

Anyway, i don't mind that so much, the restarting issue i would like to fix. Any ideas?

Reset the application, go to tab Options and click Reset.

I did that. This was the suggestion i saw on the download page too. Sadly it doesn't seem to fix the issue. The only thing that stops the endless restart is to disable the mod scanning.. But that's not really something i want to do..

All,

I released version 2.0.4 one day before Xmas.

Unfortenately there are problems with funpic again, sorry for that!

Thx,

alpinestars

Ironic,

I was checking this thread, trying to sort why the launcher cycles the 'new mods found/deleted' window, and I received an error message from the launcher (v2.0.4 RC1):

It's contents contained no parameters <>

And 'No application is associated with the specified file for this operation'

Line 7813 Run

Ideas?

Ironic,

I was checking this thread, trying to sort why the launcher cycles the 'new mods found/deleted' window, and I received an error message from the launcher (v2.0.4 RC1):

It's contents contained no parameters <>

And 'No application is associated with the specified file for this operation'

Line 7813 Run

Ideas?

Did you made a reset of the application?

Can you please tell me the path to your arma2.exe

Thx,

alpinestars

For some reason the mod folder named "@UKF" does not appear in the mod lineup. However if I rename the folder to "@GBR" it does.

I just installed the latest version, 2.0.3. Before this i used 1.6.x which worked fine.

I deleted all old cfg files before running the new version. Now it keeps saying, "New or deleted mods detected in ArmAII directory. Application will restart.", forcing me to restart endlessly. Also, under Mods it shows all the subdirectories caa1 makes. Like this:

Not sure who's fault that is though. All those folders are really there and were created by Yoma's sync tool.

Anyway, i don't mind that so much, the restarting issue i would like to fix. Any ideas?

After installing CAA1 with Addonsync, which didn't work btw because I had the exact same issue as above I had to install a different launcher. I kept thinking it I kept hitting OK, it would eventually install and be done with it, but after about 100 tries I gave up. I even deleted the x directory out of my ARMA folder. didn't work. Anyway, I'm glad to see that a new version will fix this. I'm off to install it as I like your launcher!

PS. I'm curious, if I try to install CAA1 again, will this potentially happen again or was it a bug in the launcher that caused the problem. I'm the test dummy for my group because I don't mind experimenting with stuff, but I don't want to get some our my guys in deep water trying to get these great mods.

BTW: 2.0.4 worked like a charm. Thanks for your product!

Edited by SVO
new testing