Sign in to follow this  
HOPEnSPIRIT

Do you wish to have BattlEye in ArmA II?

Bohemia Interactive should buy a BattlEye License?  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Bohemia Interactive should buy a BattlEye License?

• YES - it made ArmA servers enjoyable.
    • NO - i like my server been hacked.

Email from BattlEye developer Bastian Suter

Hi,

there is no BE in ArmA2 right now. It's up to BIS to decide if they want to buy a license or not.

Regards,

Bastian Suter

----- Original Message -----

To: support@battleye.com

Sent: Sunday, July 12, 2009 6:58 PM

Subject: ArmA II

Are there plans for BattlEye in ArmA II? I had someone mention it in BIforum that they use BattlEye, but when asked to confirm it I got no reply.

Andrew

Guest Ti0n3r

nice poll

I haven't voted yet as i have no idea how this BattlEye works, never heard of it before.

Does it make people lag?

Does it actually keep cheaters out(i know PB doesn't)?

In ArmA 1 we kept getting the servers mission messed up by hackers until BattlEye came out, since BattlEye we haven't had one case of hacking.

I've witnessed plenty of TK from newcomers, but no hacking yet... Maybe they're to new to know how to do it though...

Eventually hardware/driver cheaters will come.

We need BE to protect public and league play.

Bastian was developing more Admin commands for managing your server for future releases in ArmA, there are alot of people asking for this type of control in ArmA II.

Another reason to Vote YES!

+1 for BattlEye

We need to lobby BIS for this.

I wish to see the light of the day when people actually make an unbiased poll :rolleyes:

That said I'm all up for BattleEye though.

Yes, it is true innocent people were getting kicked, but that was usually down to unstable connection or slow computer. Anyone who thinks this is terrible should take a look on PunkBuster ;)

I wish to see the light of the day when people actually make an unbiased poll

+1 : Do you wish to have it all and then some more (including freetrack, fastrope and FLIR) ?

Though at the moment I feel it's not necessary. Signed addons already made things much better. Maybe later if this becomes a hackfest... so let's be provocative and say no.

Edited by EricM

Eventually hardware/driver cheaters will come.

We need BE to protect public and league play.

"eventually" is "today", in fact

+1 for BE

I wish to see the light of the day when people actually make an unbiased poll :rolleyes:

Yes, it is true innocent people were getting kicked, but that was usually down to unstable connection or slow computer. Anyone who thinks this is terrible should take a look on PunkBuster ;)

Agreed but voted no.

Creater should always kick as he like.

Stupid poll

last thing I need is more junk for my computer to lag me more.

My ArmA 1 was going to gather dust on the shelf until BattlEye came out, it saved Multiplayer from hackers.

And it is not intensive if anything the ArmA scripts themselves are more intensive than BattEye, do not rubbish and mock something you have not even tried.

I don't see how anybody can market a multi-player game today without a viable anti-hax system.

Here here! While I'd prefer BattleEye being available, I get tired of seeing utterly biased polls. A simple Yes/No/Maybe with a request to state your reasoning for your vote would be a much better way of putting it.

NO plz i dont wanna see it back. only thing what it does is lag the servers tremendously.

There are several other Anti-Cheat solutions, some better in some regards to BattleEye; BI could license: SteamWorks/VAC allowing anyone owning an ArmA II key to play through Steam, nProtect, HackShield, and of course PunkBuster just to name a few...

Each has its advantages in license costs, the range of exploits it can cover, how easy it is to update, client overhead, and effects on client latency. Personally I think SteamWorks/VAC offers the biggest bang for the buck, but any well implemented anti-cheat system is better then none.

I think what BI/ArmA II really need is a 'killer' MP game-mode or Mod, that is more accessible, offers more immediate appeal and gratification to those less versed in our favorite genre. The costs of licensing any anti-cheat system long term, require a large paying playing MP Audience...

:butbut:

Edited by Hoak

I think what BI/ArmA II really need is a 'killer' MP game-mode or Mod, that is more accessible, offers more immediate appeal and gratification to those less versed in our favorite genre.

It needs that anyway, funding anti-cheat is just one more reason why.

i rather have BE than PB in this game. BE worked fine in arma..

offcource BE or anyother anticheat will not help against a poorly set up server.

example a server that allows unsigned addon..

i could easly made an addon that makes me imortal.. let me fly etc etc..

but for more advance cheats/hacks. we need BE..

+1 BE

LOL: so far 18 Want ther server hacked :p

Edited by nuxil

this is my persional opinion and nothing else :

i think best would be to have PB, BE and VAC optionable for ARMA 2 where admin decides what and if he want use some anticheat next to signatures ...

It seriously needs some form of anti cheating system as that does drive gamers away from public servers! Last week i witnessed 3 out of 5 games being hacked, bugged or whatever by some idiots who then eventually crashed the server! Its annoying that you could be playing for 2 hours and all that playing time is lost due to some moron who can pop up some silly scripts that kills everyone on screen!