Sign in to follow this  
S!fkaIaC

Is BIS looking after the "receiving..." issue?

hardware == plane's airframe

OS == plane electronics and all related to controls

drivers == engines

game == pilot

users == passengers ...

if one of the first four fails ... last one dies no matter what

now imagine plane crash and first You must investigate what is 'really' cause :)

was it error of pilot or something else ?

how is the investigation going?

well considering lot of users fixed it on theirs end and always when i needed someone to repro he was MIA or we failed to repro it ...

not so well aka some blackboxes are still MIA :(

some 'bugs' related to this were fixed

but either not all or maybe the fault is not 'our side' but i don't want to say it isn't ...

But it's not only one plane from a specific producer that fail. We have several machines from several producers with diffrent specs but the same pilot. And other pilots do not have a problem with these planes. You know what I want to say.

I've tried a lot to fix it. Fact is that a lot of users getting it and there is a wide range of hardware. So if this problem is related to us we would have at least one thing in common but we don't even have the same OS.

Imagine how we feel. We paid, we can't bring it back and we are still not able to play it. I've bought it when it was released in germany. You know how long it's been ago.

Edited by R3dBuLL

More than 25 hours of tweaking, every single potential solution tested, no way to fix the receiving bug.

NO WAY !!!

I'm tired to repeat that all my system is up to date, with no temperature problems, etc etc...

So please, don't tell us this is an hardware or an OS related problem, it can't be !

I'm really concerned about that issue, because BIS worked a lot to fix really minor bugs, not major ones, such as this one.

Some could fix this issue by their side, by tweaking textures quality for exemple, but only ones with high end systems.

Moreover, we have no answer about it, and we deserve an answer, as customers.

Maybe should we join our forces to be considered ? That's a shame, and if it still goes like that, we will do something to receive the support we deserve...

That kind of unprecise and unofficial answers are good for private forums, not official one...

Atomouss may i ask what ISP you on ?

what is your connectivity (cable, wireless, ADSL etc) ?

any special harddware firewalls / routers ?

any special security software (firewall/hips etc) ?

OMG....this stuff isnt related to the bug..........really,if bis is going to this way we are all f....d,the engine cant load the scenario elements,this s the matter.

More than 25 hours of tweaking, every single potential solution tested, no way to fix the receiving bug.

NO WAY !!!

I'm tired to repeat that all my system is up to date, with no temperature problems, etc etc...

So please, don't tell us this is an hardware or an OS related problem, it can't be !

I'm really concerned about that issue, because BIS worked a lot to fix really minor bugs, not major ones, such as this one.

Some could fix this issue by their side, by tweaking textures quality for exemple, but only ones with high end systems.

Moreover, we have no answer about it, and we deserve an answer, as customers.

Maybe should we join our forces to be considered ? That's a shame, and if it still goes like that, we will do something to receive the support we deserve...

That kind of unprecise and unofficial answers are good for private forums, not official one...

This is NOT a client side bug, i was running ARMA 2 fine before 1.03 and now i cannot even play a single game because of the black screen RECEIVING problem, I'll keep bumping this over the performance threads, at least they can play the damn game.

what makes you think its not a client side bug? what do you think "client side" means?

My arma 2 worked fine on 1.03, but my computer was a bit slow, so I formated. Installed exactly how I had it before. And now arma 2 just gives me this 'receiving' error on multiplayer.

GREAT!!!!!!

My arma 2 worked fine on 1.03, but my computer was a bit slow, so I formated. Installed exactly how I had it before. And now arma 2 just gives me this 'receiving' error on multiplayer.

GREAT!!!!!!

black magic? ;)

actually, the only thing I did different. was before I was 1.01, then 1.02 then 1.03

Now I went 1.01 to 1.03

Perhaps that did it?

I tried multiplayer yesterday for the first time and after less than 30 minutes I got the flashing receiving screen of death. Hopefully BIS gets this fixed for real in next patch (my hopes aren't very high though).

I know that I am simply another comment on this site, but hey, every grain of sand makes a beach, so here it is. I get the receiving black screen of death as well and we would love for you guys to get back to us with at least acknowledgement that you are on to the problem and that it will be fixed as quickly as possible. There, wasn't that easy.

For BIS info:

Since 1.03 I've been getting the black screen and 'Receiving' dialog during MP gaming. It returns me back to the game once it's reset the driver. I have not altered any of the graphics settings since 1.02. I have updated to the ATI Catalyst 9.8 drivers however.

.rpt lines as follows:

Forced memory flush (5595136 system memory surface creation failed)

Virtual memory total 2047 MB (2147352576 B)

Virtual memory free 67 MB (70541312 B)

Physical memory free 2039 MB (2139074560 B)

Page file free 4095 MB (4294967295 B)

Process working set 1421 MB (1490194432 B)

Process page file used 1434 MB (1503817728 B)

Runtime reserved 712 MB (746946560 B)

Runtime committed 616 MB (646008832 B)

Longest free VM region: 5455872

Small mapped regions: 14, size 57344 B

Cannot create system memory surface DXT5,2048x2048 (size 5595136 B), Error 8007000e

*** Device reset recovery requested

and another:

Forced memory flush (5595136 system memory surface creation failed)

Virtual memory total 2047 MB (2147352576 B)

Virtual memory free 54 MB (57368576 B)

Physical memory free 2309 MB (2421248000 B)

Page file free 4095 MB (4294967295 B)

Process working set 1377 MB (1444208640 B)

Process page file used 1425 MB (1494446080 B)

Runtime reserved 712 MB (746946560 B)

Runtime committed 633 MB (664281088 B)

Longest free VM region: 4186112

Small mapped regions: 15, size 61440 B

Cannot create system memory surface DXT5,2048x2048 (size 5595136 B), Error 8007000e

*** Device reset recovery requested

Edit

Just had a CTD but this time from the .rpt:

Virtual free 24444928 B, page free -1 B, physical free -2135621632 B

Memory store: Failed mapping, already mapped 5456 KB, error 8

Memory store: Failed mapping, already mapped 5460 KB, error 8

Memory store: Failed mapping, already mapped 5464 KB, error 8

Memory store: Failed mapping, already mapped 5468 KB, error 8

File read error: addons\plants2_tree.pbo,ERROR_NOACCESS

Error 3e6 reading file 'addons\plants2_tree.pbo'

ErrorMessage: There’s a problem with the disc you’re using. It may be dirty or damaged.

Error 3e6 reading file 'addons\plants2_tree.pbo'

=======================================================

-------------------------------------------------------

Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 009105EB

Now I know there is nothing wrong with the disc or the player.

Edited by [KH]Jman
Updated info

Problem was solved for me when I installed Windows 7 x64. On Win7 x86(32) bug exist.

Have anyone "receiving" bug on 64 bit operation system?

Well, yes see my post above.

Getting endless Recieving screen loops during MP games in which I'm the only player and in MP missions that are quite small. Seems to be happening to me frequently ever since 1.03.

Have this bug as well, worse than in 1.02 it seems. Game is basically unplayable. Still. Can't be arsed to try every silly suggestion made in these forums, most of them don't seem to work anyways. Can't be arsed to be constructive either. Just plain disgusted with this game.

Bump!, not been able to play the game since 1.03, Bohemia are effectively violating the statutory terms of my purchase as they have broken my game through an update needed for me to access Multi Player, not like it was not broken to begin with.

Just fix this in 1.04 and i will be extremely happy.

Bump!, not been able to play the game since 1.03, Bohemia are effectively violating the statutory terms of my purchase as they have broken my game through an update needed for me to access Multi Player, not like it was not broken to begin with.

Just fix this in 1.04 and i will be extremely happy.

I'll have to agree with this. They've effectively broken my multiplayer with 1.03.

The biggest ISP in my country, with quiet good pings (20ms/50ms)

ADSL

Yep, and this is my job irl to set them

Yes too, and even when this softwares are closed, same pb.

Actually, I have this reception screen even in SP missions, so, nice to ask, but it won't help us, as every time I posted something related to that bug :/

I have previously had this issue persistently when 'playing' MP and was convinced the problem was with the software rather than my own hardware but i think i was wrong.

Ive made some changes to my machine in the last week, 'upgraded' CPU (to e5300@3.0), 'upgraded' GPU (to hd4670) And updated MB BIOS. Other than that everything else is identical. No OS reinstall and no re-install of arma (i deleted both arma.cfg and profile before starting instead)

Since then i have not had the issue once.

Ive had a fair bit of experience with this issue as i used to get it in ArmA1 both SP and MP, i think its pretty fair to say that its caused by local performance issues.

Whether they be due to inadeqaute hardware or a badly tuned machine.

Ive bumped this thread a couple of times when whinging so i thought it only fair to bump it again when conceding that it was my problem after all.

Yup, why not, but how should I explain the good overall performance ?

25/75 fps

With real poor performance, I would agree with you, but with quiet good ones, I won't give a dollar...

I'm still pretty sure a lot of things are not optimised, but I paid the game. All bios and driver are up to date.

BIS, pleaaaaaase...

Anyone tried beta patch?

Yep... And I get the receiving bug every single coop game I play...

It went away with patch 1.02 and came back with 1.03. Now it's getting worse every beta patch they release.