Sign in to follow this  
Nickos

A serious letter to bis, even though they won't read this

Could you give us a little more support? There's a lot of troubleshooting topics in which many, many, many, many people have problems with THE RANDOM LOCKUPS and no one give a shaft 'bout that. This is an user created letter, so everybody with such problems, please write the remaining part of it!

What's wrong with the support? There was a patch just yesterday. It's a weekend.

I've had the game for three weeks and I've experienced zero lockups and only a few crashes. Most of them related to trying to import ArmA 1 islands.

nickos i'm doing support nonstop since demo went out ... want to claim it's not enough ?

Yes there has been 3 patches since release. Wasnt the german release like 3 weeks ago? I call that awesome support. Show me another Dev that will do that.

The 102 hotfix was great. The changelog says fixed alot of vram/crash issues. Did you install the hotfix?

nickos i'm doing support nonstop since demo went out ... want to claim it's not enough ?

I give you cookie for working hard! :D

225px-Choco_chip_cookie.png

First post from me just to say that i`m impressed with the level of support from the developer and the community.

But not all kinds of support. I said: check Troubleshooting and look for Lockup\Freeze topics. None of 'em have a fix answer

But not all kinds of support. I said: check Troubleshooting and look for Lockup\Freeze topics. None of 'em have a fix answer

Usually because a fix isn't just an answer. Doesn't mean they aren't reading them.

+1 for impressive support and a forum that the devs post on daily and for weekend patches.

*Tips hat*

geez... i am at lost of word here..

just because they didnt reply to your problem doesnt mean they dont try to rectify it. please dont act like a spoiled child... since it random, they might have a hard time pinpointing the cause... much more so that every PC in this world is almost unique in their configuration.

just be patient... i've been down this road before with ARMA1... they will figure it out. and i am sure they read all the troubles we are having and trying to solve it

there is sticky what to do with crashes and freezes etc ...

dumps take time to analyze can't be usually solved by simple post

also people shall pay attention to updating theirs OS with latest SP , latest DirectX redist and latest drivers or check other threads where some people with e.g. 88xx and 98xx NVIDIA cards claim 185 driver serie is working while higher not etc

I`m new to the forum and to ARMA2.Played about 20 hours and no lockup\freeze problems.Downloaded up to the latest patch.No problems except i die a lot.

EA/Dice have been releasing a patch (1.50) for Bf2 close on 1 full year now!!!!!! Go buy Bf2 and then come back and complain about this.

There are at least 5 topics with such problems as mine. Sorry for the fuss. I am just a pissed off guy so if i offended someone i just wanna' say SORRY. BTW i just made a very popular thread, eh?

EDIT: Where's the report function in the bug tracker?

Edited by Nickos

Your letter has been read by BIS.

As for support, that's been covered, troubleshooting threads get addressed when applicable as soon as applicable, often times it's user configuration/driver issues which can be resolved by your peers (note I'm not trying to shift blame or say "fix it yourself") I'm just pointing out that many issues are not of the "we need a new patch to fix this 100%" variety but of the "change this, install that, adjust this".