Sign in to follow this  
maruk

Updated patch 1.02.58134

will clients with the 1.02.58134 patch be able to connect to the earlier 1.02 server ?

From the info in first post ;)

* all versions 1.02 remain compatible in multiplayer and also savegames from various versions 1.02 are compatible so the transition process to this updated version 1.02, build 58134 should be as seamless as possible for all users

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

Who did you buy the digital version from? How many activations did it give you?

I bought mine from Gamesplanet (at least that's where e-mail came from) and I only have 3 activations. I was worried about this myself and would have bypassed this small update if I had to reinstall (July 7th and US DVD and I can reinstall to my heart's content, but for now I am careful).

Anyways, I tried the patch, it went quick, and also said I already had 1.02 installed. I loaded up game and version number is now 1.02.58134.

It worked for me.

I have the nexway digital distribution. I downloaded the torrent. When I try to install I get a message stating that either armaII isn't installed, or that my installation is corrupt. Neither are true.

Running Windows7 RC1 x64

Any ideas/help?

ARgh,this game looks sooo good with AA .....

But it just takes too much performance for me.

Usually i can play at High for all with 3000 sight getting 20-35 FPS but AA kills is,almost on lowest.I will give it a try on a new fresh XP Installation.

My System is E8400 3.00Ghz 4 Gig Ram and HD 4850 there must be more in it ...

Is this a full 1.02 size download, or is it a smaller hotfix?

Full, ~121 MB

/KC

doesn't work on the nexway digital download version. me and 4 mates just tried to apply it and it didn't work for any of us :(

we are using windows 7 64 bit

From the info in forst post ;)

* all versions 1.02 remain compatible in multiplayer and also savegames from various versions 1.02 are compatible so the transition process to this updated version 1.02, build 58134 should be as seamless as possible for all users

/KC

Thanks keycat. (doh it was the third point down). you have to forgive me, i did read that, although it wasn't very well at 2am.

Its good that it isn't required to update the server at this point , as the persistent map I am running has been going for days now, and we are just getting to the fun part.

Thank you BIS for a swift patch. If this patch and the EVGA SLI enhancement can glean a few extra FPS out of the game, ill be very happy.

regards./

doesn't work on the nexway digital download version. me and 4 mates just tried to apply it and it didn't work for any of us :(

Same issue here, it reports a corrupt or missing install of ArmAII. Help! :(

Thaught I was being stupid checking for another patch so soon very supprised. This is how real Flashpoint sequls have normally been buged but often fixed. Be carefull with patching downloaded versions sometimes they need a specific patch to that version and with Steam for example you have to wait.

this is no bueno. anyone running the Nexway version get this patch to work?

yes I did. I have a nexway version. Like everyone else I get a "patch 1.2 already applied" message but ingame the version number has changed and my FSAA settings have become available.. looking good :D

NexWay version here-no problems installing what so ever!

Same as DaanVS

Windows XP 32bit

yes I did. I have a nexway version. Like everyone else I get a "patch 1.2 already applied" message but ingame the version number has changed and my FSAA settings have become available.. looking good :D

I am guessing that you don't have Windows7 x64 installed.

---------- Post added at 01:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 PM ----------

FIXED

Make sure you rename the executable to arma2.exe if you have been using the crysis.exe trick. It installed just fine after renaming it.

Running Windows7 RC1 x64

I am guessing that you don't have Windows7 x64 installed.

---------- Post added at 01:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 PM ----------

FIXED

Make sure you rename the executable to arma2.exe if you have been using the crysis.exe trick. It installed just fine after renaming it.

Running Windows7 RC1 x64

damnit forgot to rename exe back to arma2 from Crysis (don't for get people)

Southy

Just thought I'd weigh in - I came here to ask how to install it when it said (correctly) that 1.02 was already installed. I fired it up anyway and it has the new build number and AA options. They only have a slight performance hit for me and a big quality improvement so I'm a happy chappy!

Instaled with no problem on downloadable german version.

This 1.02.58134 version solved my graphic problems. On older patch version i could not settup graphic to playable settings whatever i tried.

Im aware that my PC is 2 years old but it still runs simulation on 25-30 frames and Normal settings, only texures set to high.

the AA makes this game look SO much better... thanks :)

Is this included with the upcoming Steam version?

How will patches work with Steam by the way? I never got ArmA on Steam because of how it autopatches to whatever it wants instead of what you want (making modding difficult and silly) but at the same time I don't have the patience to wait till July 7th. :)

the AA makes this game look SO much better... thanks :)

Damn, stop teasing (j/k)... still can't get it to work here and eyes are sore due to all jaggies :confused:

Is it just me or are other with older nVidia 7xxx cards experiencing the same, i.e no AA only option in UI is Disabled and if forced in .cfg it reverts back to 0 when exit?

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

How will patches work with Steam by the way? I never got ArmA on Steam because of how it autopatches to whatever it wants instead of what you want (making modding difficult and silly) but at the same time I don't have the patience to wait till July 7th. :)

This is just a hotfix to bring all the other forms of retail ArmA II up to the same version that's being released on Steam today.

You can turn off the auto-update feature through Steam.

yes it is

and set game to not autoupdate if you want avoid it autoupdate (but i see no reason to)

Score!! Just a few more hours than! :)

Oops, apparently that screen was old, it's available now! \o/

Edited by kylania

Excellent patch!

I managed to play 1 Minute and 44 seconds!

Maruk: * Improved Cannot create surface Rpt messages.

Yep. it hits me more often :hang:

Edited by Placebo

Those of you that are seeing that patch is already applied. If you read closely after it installs it will recheck version to make sure it installed correctly then it will say alreadly applied.

IMO I think it is bad localization and it means the patch was installed correctly and verified.