Sign in to follow this  
jump artist

So few PvP serves?

I am just wondering why there are so few PvP servers out there, I mean what ever happened to the Berzerk missions, and all the fun AAS missions. Seems its all just Domination, EVO, and random Coops. has anyone actaully tried PvP in Arma2? Its Way more fun than ARMA ever was.

I dont understand it either man. Its like all people wanna do is play against bots I played a few games of capture the flag it was great. My clan leader is currently working on a mission were two teams start at there own bases with f35's a10's and all the other aircraft and vehicals and try to seize and control chernogorsk or whatever it is Kinda like king of the hill.

Hopefully there will be good PvP servers when its released in North America because it really is what I am looking for. I hope the Arma community play as a team and use tactics/communications.

Well, as long as people haven't experienced how fun it is then it will never change.

Each day I'm playing CrCTI or CTF mission and there are always some active servers.

It's PvP, so why don't you play it?

AFAIK berzerk is under construction...

oh god, evo has infected ArmA2?

Are there many warfare servers up?

Go to an empty server, select a PVP mission and wait for ppl to join.

People need to stop playing EVO and Domination. It eliminates the purpose of this game, TEAMWORK. If people were a little more open minded and listened (which they wont) the game would be amazing online. However people choose to play these server hog missions that lag everyone and everything because the mission loads 50 vehicles and 500 AI all at once while running multiple scripts. Get rid of EVO and Domination people!

I kinda prefer COOP missions over PvP gameplay (because i get pwned by snipers:p) but i enjoy both of them. When i'll get ARMA 2 i will play some hard PvP with everybody who wants xD

I have to agree. I'm really surprised how many Co-op servers are running with people on them as oppossed to PvP servers.

It's good there is a choice, but I would find it interesting why people prefer Co-op over PvP, when surely the point of MP is to play against real people; which in my opinion is far more rewarding.

Thankfully, there are always CTI servers that are populated.

Look forward to more game modes with PvP.

I have not seen any Warfare servers yet, but there are CrCTI servers.

CrCTI is very similar to warfare, maybe even better.

As far as I remember this mission was well known in the past when we have played OFP.

I really like it.

What I really missed are SECTOR CONTROL kind missions, which also where very popular in OFP times. Hope in the near future I'll see servers with that kind of missions.

Check my sig.

Server is running crCTI a lot lately, but I uploaded yesterday CH maps, feel free to roam the area :) Awaiting Zaphod release of Berzerk, ofc

Yea, PVP is the heart of the game... Evo and Domination will surely saturate it unless a spark is lit early to ignite that interest.

I'll play both, but after a while you can figure out how the AI operate and/or have to work around their 'limitations'... which ruins any and all immersion for me personally. I like the unpredictable and challenging opponent who can at any time outsmart me and say "surprise!" when he comes up from a bush :)

I cant wait to see what the servers will be like on the 26th. I'll have to get it on Steam.. *oh no!*

It's ArmA 1 server :/

Yesterday I've sold it.

It's ArmA2, just that GameTracker hasn't a ArmA2 server category yet, but they scan A2 servers fine when described as ArmA1

OK, so let meet together today on your server. Got any TS server?

TS on same IP, listed in the Welcome Message (I've not created the channels yet).

And I'm not on it, I'm working all day! ;)

OK, so let meet together today on your server. Got any TS server?

ts.cfarma2.com:8768

we have been running a true PvP mission session every night for the last two nights at 7.30gmt. It will run again tonight. Filter for Charlie Foxtrot, if noones in the server or we are at the side select screen dont leave we are just waiting for a few people to join. Just a couple ot stories plucked from our forums from our last few nights.

but it seemed like the fighting yesterday was a lot slower and more deliberate (in a good way) than IC-ArmA - I've never stood chatting in the middle of a forest, for example, trying to come up with the next phase of the plan (the cover provided by woods is tremendous.) Other things like medics also bring a new element to the gameplay: where being healed in the field is more preferable to hitting the respawn button.
there was an absoultely awesome firefight towards everyone started to go. We seen an Mi-8 land just off to our left. We had just been inserted ourselfs and the UH60 had just buggered off. We started to open up on the guys who just the Mi-8. We probably should have let them come closer to be honest but we opened up at about ~500m range maybe. They returned fire ofcourse and we got pinned down as Opfor troops already in the areas behind us were alerted to our presence. The Mi-8 returned to offer airs support and he was whacking the MG fire down on us too. We were taking potshots at him and after about 2minutes he went again.

I took a hit as heavey fire came down all round me whapping the trees etc. I couldnt move as i was crawling about and had got separated from the others. I then seen perhaps the greatest act of 1 man ramboness i have ever seen as Nhor came from another direction behind the opfor killing 5 guys in a row as they were all firing at me. lol

It was one of the most awesome things i have seen. He was then able to heal me and we bugged out only to run into a pair of Vodnik MGs about 200m South.n This all took place over about 12minutes. It was crazy.

Edited by Mickd

I'm with you guys,

I want to shoot and be shot by real people, even a good old team DM will do but C&H with just a bit of team-play sounds good.

I'm game.

Bots are fine for SP, not for MP.

Keeping my fingers crossed that things will develop in the PvP direction.

We have an arma 2 server with only ctf dm and c&h maps on it. All co-op cti and evo have been deleted from our server.

If you want any pvp maps uploaded to it please contact us via our forums and upload to us or point us in the right direction and it will be done 3rd is off on our server also.

The lack of decent pvp maps is mainly one reason also :).

http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/91.192.210.164:2300/

http://deltastriketeam.com << forums

Edited by [-DST-] Anth

Well, if my wife doesn't give me any interesting task then I'll be today.

I'm still in work but only 2h left :P

When our PvP gets popular we get hacked, so we don't bother, We seem to have gone backwards in the fight, ArmA 1 was getting very stable in the fight against these hackers. ArmA 2 seems to have no security what so ever.

When our PvP gets popular we get hacked, so we don't bother, We seem to have gone backwards in the fight, ArmA 1 was getting very stable in the fight against these hackers. ArmA 2 seems to have no security what so ever.

what i do is throttle the entry of players. I use the #lock & #unlock letting a few people in at a time. it lets the people who have just joined get in, get JIP and settled down.

using signaturecheck=1; would at least stop ppl from connecting with cheats/hacks via addons.

I am sure that BIS will introduce either BE, or a similar cheat protection system in a future patch anyways (which will not render signature checking obsolete btw). Until then, all you can do is making sure that at least part of the duck-ups are not getting in