Sign in to follow this  
jump artist

So few PvP serves?

Im DYING for Warfare2 to be released by BIS for ArmA II :(.

sucks there's no warfare missions out at all ;( sure there's Squeeze's one but thats CTI not Warfare and im a big Warfare fan :(.

Evo is the game type i MOST DESPISE PEH PEH PEH i WONT join a server if its playing Evo, Domination on the other hand i have found on the =SEALZ= server has TONS of teamwork, HUMONGUS amounts of teamwork.

I finally got my domination back for ArmA II all im waiting on now is Warfare 2 :(.

Wait what? I thought Superpowers was Warfare 2. lol Yes, I'm a bit confused with all the new modes, but if Warfare 2 is still due, than I'm definitely looking forward to that. :yay:

played on Ravensword server tonight was really fun after we got like 10 people in it.It was ctf.So if anyone is interested in some real mp games look for their server.I really hope there are more pvp servers gonna be popping up...if not then i feel like i wasted my $$$...and i actually do like the game so i hope the servers come.

Rebl men cave will be hosting weekend PvP missons as soon as Co-founder and CEO of Rebl Men Cave inc blackdog404` stops being a lazy cunt.

Or until we find a good mission maker. :o

I've played Arma2 for only a few days now, but online FPS games since waaaay back in Doom and Soldier of Fortune 2 days. I've evolved to crave the kind of experience that Arma2 has to offer and have for the msot part loved what I've played so far.

The downside, a BIG downside. I want military simulation, tactical play, teamwork, communication and VOIP in game. By the sounds of some of these posts there are servers out there that do this but I can't seem to find them.

The actual sticky point, THE BIGGEST point is that I have been playing onling FPS games since they were able to be played online and I absolutely do not enjoy working for hours and hours to shoot and defeat some AI charactar. WHERE are the servers doing the teamwork and all that with real humans vs real humans??? There are only a handful, like 2 or 3 in all the game over the entire globe doing that it seems on the multiplayer server list. These have only a handful of players and all are full of idiots.

So come on server hosts....PLEEEEASE, for those of us old veteran teamwork, tactical, realism, military sim gamers, lets get some real human vs human action! This game is too good to get sick of it in a week or so, which I'm sure not only myself will be if all I can fight is a computer program shooting back at me. Don't you big clans in North America with good pings, with the great servers that everyone talks about have 40 player servers or 60 or more servers have any desire to host some actual gameplay that doesn't involve what I got sick of doing when I beat the pacman AI 29 years ago?? At least a real human can plan to try to beat you or fail, the AI just responds to a set of variables defined in it's code...

Edited by Slyder73

I've played Arma2 for only a few days now, but online FPS games since waaaay back in Doom and Soldier of Fortune 2 days. I've evolved to crave the kind of experience that Arma2 has to offer and have for the msot part loved what I've played so far.

The downside, a BIG downside. I want military simulation, tactical play, teamwork, communication and VOIP in game. By the sounds of some of these posts there are servers out there that do this but I can't seem to find them.

The actual sticky point, THE BIGGEST point is that I have been playing onling FPS games since they were able to be played online and I absolutely do not enjoy working for hours and hours to shoot and defeat some AI charactar. WHERE are the servers doing the teamwork and all that with real humans vs real humans??? There are only a handful, like 2 or 3 in all the game over the entire globe doing that it seems on the multiplayer server list. These have only a handful of players and all are full of idiots.

So come on server hosts....PLEEEEASE, for those of us old veteran teamwork, tactical, realism, military sim gamers, lets get some real human vs human action! This game is too good to get sick of it in a week or so, which I'm sure not only myself will be if all I can fight is a computer program shooting back at me. Don't you big clans in North America with good pings, with the great servers that everyone talks about have 40 player servers or 60 or more servers have any desire to host some actual gameplay that doesn't involve what I got sick of doing when I beat the pacman AI 29 years ago?? At least a real human can plan to try to beat you or fail, the AI just responds to a set of variables defined in it's code...

head over to the OCUK server then

Just added a second server [sRR] PVP Server check our website for details or just add SRR to the search filter

[Note] This is just a test server at the moment and if it interferes with our main server then I will have to ditch it.

:cool:

Well said!

I have a server up for CTF missions only (amoung others).

name == "dustoffs ctf only 100mb"

Sitting at 66.148.120.48:2307 .

Three missions in rotation if the server is waiting state join in and the mission will start .

Blacklake

coastline

forestcrossing.

I am looking for other CTF missions to add but there does not seem to be that many out there .

would like to see someone make a few with more than 20 players and more towns .

Needs moar pvp. The biggest pvp servers I've found are only like 30 people. I want to see some 50 player pvp servers. Playing with bots is too easy, you go to attack a town and they don't react as if you were in their shoes. It's not arma's fault, it's the limit of ai. Nothing is good as a real human playing against you.

There's also my poll that kinda says the same thing - http://forums.bistudio.com/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=42

If you look at those polls, it is pretty close, 60/40 on one, with 40 saying they prefer PvP and the other, if you take out the single player version results and the mission editor and consider only the choices with PvP or PvAI the ratio is about the same. Both those polls are conducted for Arma 1, not Arma2. Arma 1 had a strong community, still has, of dedicated players to certain game types.

This game will have a large contingent of new players and a lot of those will prefer PvP. It would be intersting to do another poll now that the game is out retail in most places around the world where it will be available and see what players prefer in terms of online play, PvP or PvAI. I'm willing to bet the numbers have changed. There is no way any AI can ever play like a good team of humans against you. Anyone know how to make a poll like that?

Edited by Slyder73

AAS of SBS is pretty nice and fun. :D

More info here:

Arma2_Advance_and_Secure

I endorse this! I have not played Arma before. I enjoy PVP and not all the other stuff. This mode of play will feed all of your needs if your craving PVP. Hang in there guys once the N. America release comes out things will get flowing I'm sure, don't get discouraged, I think it has potential to be something really cool. The game mode is called HOLD on the server browser. It is being run in Veteran mode with none of the nub assistance's on some of the servers. Read the wiki Kju posted it will help.

I still am unable to comprehend how coop is fun with AI as it is. Team play and coop between team mates is always better against real players.

PVP all the way!!!!

More info here:

Arma2_Advance_and_Secure

Cool I'll upload these game modes to the RIP server tonight. Can anyone else recommend some good PvP game modes? We've been mostly playing co-op and Domination through arma 1 and now would like to shift to the PvP a bit more.

The whole AAS pack in the Kju link.

UMPC C&H, though I don't know where to download them. I usually get them by connecting on servers having them already

I've had the luck to stumble on a beta version of upcoming Berzerk and Zaphod coming to visit us last night :) Still a beta though.

Yeah might have to go raiding other servers for missions tonight!

More info here:

Arma2_Advance_and_Secure

I agree. I played various AAS missions until 4am.

there were moments I was mad, frustrated, laughing, celebrating, dominant, confused, and overwhelmed by Epic-ness. An emotional rollercoaster ride.

I loved it.

More servers playing AAS maps please

aas.jpg

Edited by [DirTyDeeDs]-Ziggy-

-Ziggy-;1340474']I agree. I played various AAS ( Advanced Attack and Secure ) until 4am.

there were moments I was mad' date=' frustrated, laughing, celebrating, dominant, confused, and overwhelmed by Epic-ness. An emotional rollercoaster ride.

I loved it.

[img']http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y126/Bigtires79/aas.jpg[/img]

See my sig (after the current reboot :) )

Admin online in the evening/night European time usually

UMPC missions are pretty neat as well. Use the mission filter.

I’m glad you discovered AAS map and to be honest don’t know what is UMPC. :yay:

I will love to try it can someone get some link for it?

UMPC.de server runs them.

They are C&H maps, I don't know how to find them apart from connecting to servers running them.

(I've quite a few myself on the server in my sig)

-Ziggy-;1340474']I agree. I played various AAS missions until 4am.

there were moments I was mad' date=' frustrated, laughing, celebrating, dominant, confused, and overwhelmed by Epic-ness. An emotional rollercoaster ride.

I loved it.

[img']http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y126/Bigtires79/aas.jpg[/img]

I was on that server last night and was enjoying myself. It was my first real night playing the game and I'm still kind of a newbie. Furthermore I agree with this thread. I don't want to fight bots, I want to fight people and it seems like 95% of all servers are coop servers. Maybe I am not understanding all the game modes yet like Evolution or Domination but my impression is that those are basically PvE servers not PvP servers.

I'd like to see more PvP servers with larger user limits.

Having played those aas missions on a few servers i think they have a potential to be great, just need to make player names visible only when close and generally improve the interface.