Sign in to follow this  

Arma II & OA User Video Thread

I know, I'm cranking them out like mad.

This time I spent some time on making an intro page, and if you look on Youtube itself (not embedded if I'm not mistaken) then you should be able to link directly to the other videos... or subscribe ;)

Anyway, here are the videos of our latest Sunday event:

Search and Rescue part 1

54pIpfRCqDY

Crashed behind enemy lines, QRF team is supposed to find us and extract us. We move away from the crash site but are not able to avoid enemy contact for very long.

Search and Rescue part 2

FmCWZ6usPDs

We move off our hill and to the next in a peeling manouever.

Search and Rescue part 3

mLUDcIhNI38

We move hilltop again and finally meet the QRF team. :yay:

Enjoy :)

I will be trying to edit some more footage from the rest of the day ina compilation video. :)

And a compilation of some more footage. :)

Naked Fanatics Sunday 23-01-2011 Random Footage

GpwVNkwek7w

There you go!

Thanks Litos :)

I like the intro too, wanted to make the whole vid more complex but...windows movie maker...damn...

The intro last 12 sec and that's about what Movie maker can handle.

Really pushing it to the limit, it was crashing every 5 minutes so...I went for simplicity :(

=\ Have you tried using something more advanced, such as Sony Vegas or Adobe Premier?

Thanks Litos :)

I like the intro too, wanted to make the whole vid more complex but...windows movie maker...damn...

The intro last 12 sec and that's about what Movie maker can handle.

Really pushing it to the limit, it was crashing every 5 minutes so...I went for simplicity :(

Thats rather odd, ive made movies of several minutes (not very complex though), and never seen it crash once.

=\ Have you tried using something more advanced, such as Sony Vegas or Adobe Premier?

Well, Vegas costs a lot and I've never tried Premiere. I might give it a try or I'm going to be bald at 25 :D

Thats rather odd, ive made movies of several minutes (not very complex though), and never seen it crash once.

Yeah, me too, but as soon as it gets too complex it crashes. I don't know if you've seen my last vid, the intro is made of 27 shots + effect (fade to white, speed up,...). I'd say the average lenght of shots is +/- 0.40 sec

Movie Maker hates that kind of stuff.

I've already made 5 mins vid without any problems but shots were long (between 10 and 30 sec) and I didn't used any effect, in that case Movie Maker is not a problem.

Edited by Macadam Cow

Yeah Macadam Cow, that was pretty cool.

You can get Vegas Platinum for around 100$ and it still has a lot of good features. I use it.

---

Blakehamer, very nice vid.

Edited by Funkman

hmmm, $100 is a decent price, but i'd really like to test some kind of trial version.

I don't understand why there isn't any. I mean when you look at FRAPS, which is a lot cheaper, there's a trial version, offering you a good overview of the product. Then you look at Vegas, €600, and no trial version:(

Thanks for the tip Funkman !

Edited by Macadam Cow

omg I look so dumb :j:

I've checked it but there weren't any trial version under the "free download" button.

Also be sure to visit out Trials and Demos section for free time-limited versions of Sony Creative Software products.

Damn I look stupid now :banghead:

But thanks a lot !

Edited by Macadam Cow

Hello guys -

I hope I'm not being too presumptuous by starting a thread for this, but since it's been awhile since my last project, The Bombmaker, I thought I'd share this.

This was a complicated and challenging project - a lot of work went into it. I hope that you guys enjoy it. (Full link first, then the embedded version)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xmdfDIIhbk

7xmdfDIIhbk

Thanks,

WP

not even a min into it , holy crap, it's awesome. still watching.

Woh, that was reeeeaaallly nice. My hats off to you. Great choice of soundtracks, fits perfectly with the story. And a nice message in this - virtual - world of brutes :)

If I may add my 2 cents, as it seems to be a contemplative video I would have added more shots of the beautiful tchernarussians landscape/nature but then again you did an outstanding work !

EDIT : I'm now discorering your bombmaker vid, seems hell of great machinima too, with the kind of shots I was talking about.

Keep them coming !

Edited by Macadam Cow

Not to be a dick and the party pooper of this thread but a mod will probably lock or move this to the video thread.

I know this thread will probably get moved, but mate, that was really amazing!

A prefect example that you don't need lots of editing and effects to make a good movie, just some great camera work and directing. That was honestly really really damn good!

Kudos!

Very well told story though camera and soundtrack use, very nice indeed. Just shows it doesn't have to be all out war videos to make an impression.

Any influence from "The Road" at all? .. ah I see Nick Cave use, I imagine so :)

And to think most of the best videos had at least one gun shot in it...

That was wicked, I hope you make more in the future mate.