Sign in to follow this  

Arma II & OA User Video Thread

Yeh, seen it. It is a very impressive video, although some of it is superimposed.

Someone might be a Video Tech professional ;)

The purpose was more to point out it's not the first time this track was used on here, but yes, I am always very impressed with Vagabond's editing skills (and music choice).

Gnat;1826015']Munted link.

Its done link this [YOUTUB3]kyWFvjR0Byc[/YOUTUB3] (change 3 for E obviously)

Nice video mate' date=' simple but atmospheric.

Whats the music btw?

[YOUTUBE']kyWFvjR0Byc[/YOUTUBE]

The track is from the game Mirrors Edge

mmm dubstep comes to BI Forums, bout time :)

Also, "Swift & Bold"...Green Jackets?

Yes Im ex 1RGJ and I have a cuple of Dubstep tunes I want to use in video's :)

The purpose was more to point out it's not the first time this track was used on here, but yes, I am always very impressed with Vagabond's editing skills (and music choice).

Yes his video's are awesome, I see the vid you posted and heard the song at the start and thought damn some one beat me to it, but then he only used it for a cuple of seconds :D its not like I used "Requiem For A Dream" that has been used to death :)

Now for a question:

How do I get to change the ingame camera so I can move the crosshairs with the mouse, instead of the clunky NUMPAD arrows? I know its the Bulldozer in options and read somewhere that it can be done but I cant find the post again.

One last thing Im glad everyone like my first video :bounce3:

I would use Gonza and L'Etranger's Virtual Training System to set up your mission then goto the camera mode and record everything you need.

The camera is ultra smooth and takes seconds to get into the correct position. I love it!

Yes Im ex 1RGJ and I have a cuple of Dubstep tunes I want to use in video's :)

Respect mate, my old school's CCF was attached to the Green Jackets :)

Still have the cap badge...

rgj.jpg

Oh man, I still remember that roof landing at 1:00... dubstepped it looks even better. Nemeton forever. :)

...pity I got FF'd about 2 seconds afterwards...

I would say action in Arma 2 and video games in general look better on normal speed because the graphical glitches become less apparent. A good example of this is the smoke trails which look somewhat cartoon-like when slowed down. High speed video is more useful for scrutinizing an event.

I was bored so I made all these videos:

GVUrBEwkHjE

Russia invading Chernarus:

kOGyyQM5La0

all this was created with arma 2

there is more but i don't know if I can post more than 2 videos...

Edited by zombo

Warfare clips from XR DAO server, some are in 1080p, some 480p.

8BRPKWrHmHg

UwOVpRIe2fk

h8cEO2UdiHk

QCp2ZBgrYvc

XFeNnGQTTPc

xvSgmQOR1qM

UwOVpRIe2fk

dLckh41rzZo

iAYBSWkPSgc

iTBrnERBBg0

Edited by Arksa

With ShackTac celebrating it's fifth anniversary, one of our members - CHKilroy - has gone and put together a video showcasing the past year's events.

HD is definitely recommended for this one.

rMihe33GCNw

Enjoy. :)

Do you mind telling me the tracer mod at 3:56? And the mod for all the bullet paths?

Edited by ray243

Cool Video Dslyecxi, had a really good laugh at the end^^

Boom was nice.

no way! I was thinking to use this epic song Hell March in one of my videos...

nice videos!

Edited by Zipper5
Quoted embedded videos

Guys, may I remind you that quoting embedded videos is not allowed as well, not just quoting images:

§14) Remove tags when quoting a post containing an image or embedded video

If you quote a post that contains an image please remove the image tag or the whole image, it helps keep the thread tidy and easier to read if the same image isn't being posted repeatedly, you need only delete one [ to stop the image from hotlinking. If the post contains an embedded video such as YouTube you should remove the tags so the image of the video is not shown in your quote.

This goes for everywhere on the forum. I've seen it happening elsewhere but I think this is the best place to post about it. I won't give an infraction to you this time, SpetS15, as you're not the only one who's been doing it recently, but I will start handing out infractions to offenders after this warning. Please be more careful.

Thanks for the cooperation. ;)

Hey guys, I hope this is ok with the mods, but I just wanted to ask for some support for this year's Community Awards nominations. I've been excited for this for some time but seeing as every individual is allowed to nominate something, I'm not sure how easy it will be to get through.

Anyway, I just wanted to ask you guys, if you've enjoyed my videos, to considering nominating either my

or
videos.

I'm honestly not sure which video is a better choice that I should put forth for nomination... But I think Through their Eyes was much more popular, so I'm guessing it would be logical for me to chose that. But again - it isn't really up to me. I can only submit one vote, so I ask you guys to help me out on this. I know many of you enjoyed my work and I am really glad about that, so I feel like I deserve a shot at this.

I've improved greatly over last year and created much better videos. I've been waiting for this moment and actually lost all hope recently because I thought that there will be no 2010 awards. But now that there are, I ask you guys to help me out. I'd REALLY appreciate it if I at least get nominated, and even if not, you still have my thanks a thousand times if you do put my video forth.

Thank you everyone!

with all due respect to you Lito, although you may ask much of this generous and helpful community, I dont think its appropriate to ask to be nominated. If it's deserved, it should happen by popularity of opinion and not by charity.

feel free to nominate yourself though! ;)

Hell, I also would brag if I made

This. There have been many great works of machinima here throughout 2010, but none have left me in awe the way Through Their Eyes did.

I never said it was or wasn't deserving. I just took issue with asking to be nominated.

~

I am glad there is a community award for machinima. I'm well aware of the effort required to produce them. ;)

t-6gu61CuJk

:D

Edited by [DirTyDeeDs]-Ziggy-

Hey, everyone campaigns for votes if they want it. Nothing in the rules state otherwise. ;)

Thanks guys. Comments like these always mean a lot to me.

And Ziggy, honestly I completely agree with you. That is why I really hesitated before making the post. I really don't want to lose this chance though. This year I've made some of my best works and now that the awards are here, I really want to do my best to get nominated. It would mean so much to me, but I do sincerely agree that it's a bit odd to ask for votes. But hey, I didn't want people to forget that I'm still around. :)