Sign in to follow this  
Horrace

Taking screenshots? How? What utility?

Hi,

Just wondering if there is a way to take screenshots in the game?

Game is awesome by the way.

Can't believe the devs were working that late to release patch 1.02 even after having worked their ass off on the game itself... huge respect.

I use a software called grabclipsave.

It's freeware. You just push printscreen and a screenshot is saved in a folder of your choice (in the quality of your choice).

Search the web for it.... grabclipsave

And I totally agree on what you said about the patch - BIS are heroes!

Hi all

On your keyboard is a button. It says [Print Screen] ever wonder what it is for?

Take your picture with [Print Screen] then press left [Alt]+[Tab]

Bring up the paint apckage of your choice.

Press [Ctrl]+[v]

And save the image.

There are lots of programs that automate the saving of the image. FRAPS also does videos, there are many others.

Wikipedia has a list of them

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screenshot

It also explains what happens when you take print screen shot and other more advanced ways of using it. ;)

And of course Google is your friend:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&rlz=1T4GGLR_enGB247GB247&q=Windows+Screen+Shot&btnG=Search&meta=

Lots to choose from many are FREE!

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

I use the full version of MyGamersCam. This is not fully compatible to Win7, but you are able to create screenshots.

Fraps works fine with ArmA 2, too. :)

And there is a free program called snapsaver.

I have no idea where to download, but someone attached it to our forums:

http://rp-mods.com/Forum/wbb/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=939

And just a hint to everyone:

When you use google, and you find a forum where is someone asking for a program, and the next answer is use google... imagine what's up in your head then.

Walker, I am aware of PrtScn key and it's use. However this does not work in Arma2.

Regards

Let's consider this asked and answered before we get an 8,000 word essay on the origins and usages of the Print Screen button from Walker :)

Hi guys. I've been getting used to Arma2 for a few days now, I didn't have the first one but I'm really enjoying this one :)

Is there a key to take screenshots thats automatically save somewhere or do I have to print screen my shots into photoshop?

Sorry if it's an abvious question.

Thanks

What I want to know if is there's a key to hide the interface - I remember there being one in OFP.

Well, it's not an very obvious question.

You can use Fraps to make screenshots. It can make screenshots as much as you want (one right after the other), you don't need to paste every single screen in a folder by yourself.

Hi.....

I dont know a function like this in Vanilla-ArmA.....

I use "fraps" and "x-fire" for making Screens and Videos...... and i thinks its a good thing for you.....

Regards Culti

I wonder why there is no Screenshot Key? I have fraps so its not a problem. But still.

hi all..

which FREE software do you use to capture Gameplay screenshots?

Just press Print Screen then Alt-Tab out, open Paint and paste the image, easy. You could also use the program Fraps if you want to make multiple images without all the hassle of pausing your game.

20-20 from byLight or printscreen but instead of paste it in simple paint paste it in ifranview or something else :bounce3:

Paint shop pro has a good multiple screen capture feature too. I think there are some freeware versions out there.

I use fraps but you could also use evga precision if you have a compatible gfx card

GrabClipSave. I think the devs shut down the web page and maybe don't support it anymore, but the soft still exists for download and is quite good (though I used it years ago, I don't know for today)

fraps!

it shows you frames per second too and captures video.

Edited by Master gamawa

Xfire indeed! :D

recors, shows fps, screens, make u upload them to ur profile, lets u live broadcast

Xfire ftw!