Sign in to follow this  
Horrace

Taking screenshots? How? What utility?

Other threads were locked.

When I use the print screen button and paste it into Photoshop it comes up blank... :butbut:

Besides using screen shot programs (which I will not install any of), how can I get these screen shots to appear?

And why does it come up as blank?

In Paint it works and i noticed in PS i needed to open a fresh empty pic myself and then i was able to paste my screen in.

Thats the reason why I reinstalled CS3, I was getting the same results in MSPaint.

Xfire sucks as all hell, I press the screen shot button hot key that is linked to XFire and it doesn't even take the screen shot... This shouldn't be that difficult at all; I’m starting to get frustrated. Ya know I bet its that stupid protection system BI put in to its game.

Edited by CrazyAce

Long story short - my keyboard has no 'print screen' key. I've tried a couple of screenshot utilities with mappable hot keys and they appear to do precisely nothing when in-game.

What do you lot use to take screenshots?

- fraps

- atitraytool from ray adams. rhe best if you have an ATI card. you can change jpeg quality too .

- atitraytool from ray adams. rhe best if you have an ATI card. you can change jpeg quality too .

I do. I'll try it, thanks.

Merged 4 of the existing 13.2 million threads on the subject together.

x-fire, screen shots, video capture, live broadcasting from the game ( anyone remember it from the release ? ;) ) , and im as well

FRAPS does the trick for me. It takes screenshots in a bunch different file formats (JPG is compressed and make bad screens - at least for quality shots). Plus with FRAPS you can record video and sound. Again with different settings that suits your needs. And it has a FPS counter that can be toggled on/off. What more does one need? :)

Alex

Print Screen doesn't work with Arma2..

Odd, it worked for me on Vista Ultimate 64 and it's working on this RC W7. But 1 ss at a time is useless unless it was for BigFoot. :p

Agreed with BigBear. Works for me too. No problems at all.

Odd, it worked for me on Vista Ultimate 64 and it's working on this RC W7. But 1 ss at a time is useless unless it was for BigFoot. :p

I'm using 64bit W7 RC, when i do print screen, alt tab and paste in Paint i just get a screenshot of my desktop and not Arma, i just fraps anyway.

I wasn't worrying about this before but since the thread is here:

I am using grabclipsave. I can take a picture of just about anything fine with it. However, when I go into ArmA II and use it all I get is black. Anyone know why?

Xfire works for 110 games of mine for taking screenshots, but not ARMA2, as it uses every key on my keyboard for controls LOL. So i just use the "PRTSCN" button and that works fine :D

Use to use FRAPS back in the day.